Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Underoath to disband

Started by xLhabiax, Oct 02, 2012, 10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xLhabiax

Don't know who here likes em, i always dug most of their stuff and they are great live, pulled this from blabbermouth

Christian metalcore act UNDERØATH has announced its plans to disband following a remarkable 15-year career that made a monumental impact on millions of fans and forever changed the face of heavy music.

"It's sad to say that we feel like it's time to close this chapter, but we have never seen things more clearly," says vocalist Spencer Chamberlain. "These have been the best years of my entire life, and I owe that to every single person who ever supported this band along the way. This wasn't a quick decision by any means. It's just time for us to move on."

The band is closing an era during which it served as a pillar of the heavy music scene. UNDERØATH formed an indelible bond with their massive fan base through relentless touring in front of sellout audiences on six continents, as well as the early adoption and mastery of social networking that helped bridge the divide between band and fan — resulting in the band becoming one of the first with 1 million "likes" on Facebook as well as a tally of more than 70 million plays on MySpace.

We are ok in a misguided Sadist way

theis

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Good fucking riddance.Very tired of these shitty metalcore christian shit bands.Hopefully As I Lay Dying is next.

decapod

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Oct 03, 2012, 02:04 AM
Good fucking riddance.Very tired of these shitty metalcore christian shit bands.Hopefully As I Lay Dying is next.

This times 1,000,000,000

Vesanic

Quote from: theis on Oct 03, 2012, 12:32 AM

Dude, I swear, as soon as I read the thread title, I thought: "I'm fucking sure Theis was the first to reply and to say he doesn't give a shit."! Hahaha.

Deadradio

bright lights, big city

Guess I'm the only one who liked them. They were one of the first underground heavy bands I got into, like 10 years ago. They used to be so heavy, then got a little lighter ("When The Sun Sleeps" is still awesome). And sure they weren't as good as PTW, but they went post-hardcore the last couple albums and they fucking good. Went out with a bang too, since Disambiguation was probably their best album. You bastards should go check it out. But you won't.

As I Lay Dying definitely is a band who's every song sounds exactly the same. And needs to go away forever.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Deftones-argentina

I agree, Disambiguation was a great album, the rest of their career is hit or miss for me. It's a pity they disbanded, since Tom of Thursday was touring with them and I had hopes he would get to be an official member and write with them.

jbmp1390

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Oct 03, 2012, 02:04 AM

Yes. Christianity and music should never go hand in hand. As soon as you add that to music the music becomes shitty. That's just a necessity of christian music of any kind. It HAS to suck.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

Tempest2012

A decent band but a lot of their material sounds the same, at least the last couple of albums, and I agree on the Christian sentiment...it really makes me cringe sorta.
Minnesota Vikings - 4-1
NFL Picks 6-7

alvarezbassist17

This is a real shame.  They were starting to get so much better.  Like BL,BC said, Disambiguation is a fucking awesome CD.  I still listen to their older stuff for nostalgia's sake as well.  I honestly have no idea why they're lumped in with the metalcore scene still.  They haven't made music that sounds a whole lot like metalcore since 2002.

http://youtu.be/FbKKNlRHX2o

http://youtu.be/HXFZtZ6eGVE