Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!" Godspeed You! Black Emperor's new album

Started by NicholasHume, Oct 03, 2012, 12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NicholasHume

First album in 10 years. It's pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty good. Pretty good.

http://youtu.be/GWcPGwqeyQ4

theis

I've tried many times to really get into this band, but it never clicks.

To be honest, I don't have the patience for 20+ minute songs. That being said, I DO enjoy some of their shorter ones. "Moya" is a great example. Fantastic and atmospheric piece of music.

Oh, and I generally love everything prog/post/epic long songs (Isis, Cult of Luna, Porcupine Tree, King Crimson and Opeth are all some of my all time favorite bands)...Godspeed's songs are just too fucking long, haha.

bright lights, big city

This album is further proof that the end is nigh. Can't believe how this thing blindsided everyone...and how awesome it is. Love this band.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

black coffee

since you were asking for it

Quote from: theis on Oct 03, 2012, 12:38 AM
I've tried many times to really get into this band, but it never clicks.

To be honest, I don't have the patience for 20+ minute songs. That being said, I DO enjoy some of their shorter ones. "Moya" is a great example. Fantastic and atmospheric piece of music.

Oh, and I generally love everything prog/post/epic long songs (Isis, Cult of Luna, Porcupine Tree, King Crimson and Opeth are all some of my all time favorite bands)...Godspeed's songs are just too fucking long, haha.

Quote from: theis on Oct 03, 2012, 12:32 AM

theis

Crazylegs

not an instant favorite. But that would maybe be too much to ask.

Fireal1222

i enjoy gy!be. lift your skinny fists like antennas to the heavens is my personal favorite.

i haven't listened to this album yet. ill give it a listen in the next day or two, and let you guys know what i think.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

lostpilot

Oh it's a great album.
However the tracks are not completely and truly new, one of them, 'Mladik' used to have another name, 'Albanian' and was played quite a lot during their shows. HOWEVER, new studio quality records from GY!BE are appreciated.