Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

UK & EU TOUR - FEB 2013

Started by stu_101, Oct 22, 2012, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToneDef

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Nov 09, 2012, 09:56 PM
Do you know what it was called? we're kinda looking to spend no more than £100, kinda don't fancy a Travel Lodge, just in case Lenny is there.

Yeah, the places name itself is actually B&B Belgravia. http://www.bb-belgravia.com/

TheShade1989

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 10, 2012, 12:49 AM
Eventually, I'll just attend the two Paris dates and maybe a German one. As I'm not happy with KNY and the setlists will probably be the same, I think it'll be more than enough.

I dont get it. Why do you see them at all, let alone multiple times, if you dont like the album, know that they most likely wont be playing anything rare, and arent that pleased with Chino's singing nowadays? It seems weird, surely most ppl wouldnt waste their money wen they know they probably wouldnt enjoy it?

Vesanic

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Nov 10, 2012, 01:35 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 10, 2012, 12:49 AM
Eventually, I'll just attend the two Paris dates and maybe a German one. As I'm not happy with KNY and the setlists will probably be the same, I think it'll be more than enough.

I dont get it. Why do you see them at all, let alone multiple times, if you dont like the album, know that they most likely wont be playing anything rare, and arent that pleased with Chino's singing nowadays? It seems weird, surely most ppl wouldnt waste their money wen they know they probably wouldnt enjoy it?

Because they're still the guys who made my favorite music ever, minus DE and KNY. I don't dislike everything about their live sets. Besides, I've never heard Rivière live and believe it or not but a Belgium - France trip is worth it to me. Nothing says they'll still be playing it by then but it's worth a try. Hearing some specific songs live remain as one of my biggest desires, and I have that with several bands, actually. Besides, I've always met great people at concerts, had some unforgettable exchanges, so it's all good. I do enjoy the live shows. I don't always leave the venue with a blown mind and I never feel like I've wasted my money.

Also, you never know, hearing KNY live could make me change my mind. That's very unlikely but once again, you never know.

defsteve

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Nov 07, 2012, 09:04 PM
Anyone recommend a decent hotel? preferably not in Brixton.

We just stayed in the Millennium & Copthorne at Chelsea FC for Soundgarden.

Booked via lastminute.com. It was one of their 'Top Secret' deals so name of hotel not known until you have paid but you can get some good deals this way.

We paid £70 for a double. Nice hotel which was 3-5 minute walk to underground.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

pissedandpierced

Thanks for that, I might check lastminute out a few weeks before we go.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

defsteve

letlive. and Three Trapped Tigers supporting

GrandeJano

anyone from this board coming to the hamburg/germany show?

lozz

please forgive me for this selfish shout out, but anyone with a SPARE BIRMINGHAM TICKET. please, please, please contact me. When these tix came out I didn't have enough money to buy one, now my pay packet has come through all they have left is balcony tickets. If I miss this show it will be the first time in 6 years that they have come to the UK and I've missed them :'(

If needs be I will buy a balcony ticket, but its just not the same as being down in the crowd. Thanks a bunch.
There's a mass without roofs, there's a prison to fill
There's a country's soul that reads post no bills
There's a strike and a line of cops outside of the mill
There's a right to obey and there's a right to kill

defsteve

Quote from: lozz on Nov 15, 2012, 11:40 PM
please forgive me for this selfish shout out, but anyone with a SPARE BIRMINGHAM TICKET. please, please, please contact me. When these tix came out I didn't have enough money to buy one, now my pay packet has come through all they have left is balcony tickets. If I miss this show it will be the first time in 6 years that they have come to the UK and I've missed them :'(

If needs be I will buy a balcony ticket, but its just not the same as being down in the crowd. Thanks a bunch.

Buy a balcony ticket. Birmingham is the ONLY UK show with ANY tickets left.

lozz

Hey steve, yeah thanks I have now as a back up, but am still after a floor ticket if possible. I know it is unlikely that someone here has one but thought it was worth a try anyway. The support for these shows is really good which makes me want one even more. letlive are a little too hyped up by the current "hardcore" crowd of kids in flat peak caps etc. but have some good material and an explosive live show, and Three Trapped Tigers seem to have taken the torch from 65dos etc. in making really good intrumental music. I swear I heard Steph talking about how he really liked Three Trapped Tigers in an interview a year or two back, reckon thats why they are booked as support?
There's a mass without roofs, there's a prison to fill
There's a country's soul that reads post no bills
There's a strike and a line of cops outside of the mill
There's a right to obey and there's a right to kill

Gaz

My tickets for Manchester arrived today

pissedandpierced

Quote from: Gaz on Nov 16, 2012, 04:15 PM
My tickets for Manchester arrived today

Did they come recorded?
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Gaz

pissedandpierced

Quote from: Gaz on Nov 20, 2012, 03:46 PM

Yeah they did

Probably a trip to the sorting office for me then. I'm surprised how quick yours came, did you get them from Crowdsurge?

ToneDef

Mine came really quickly. Got them like a week and a half ago.

pissedandpierced

I haven't got mine yet and I ordered them through crowdsurge and now I'm getting a bit worried if you have yours for London too.

pissedandpierced

I just checked the email they sent and it said that they normally arrive 14 days before the show. I'm not worried now.

UrZ*

Where are the rest of the dates? what is this.. new album? no shows?
And somewhere, There's someone who cares. With a heart of gold, To have and to hold.

ToneDef

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Nov 21, 2012, 09:11 PM
I haven't got mine yet and I ordered them through crowdsurge and now I'm getting a bit worried if you have yours for London too.

I grabbed mine through that O2 shit. And yeah, tickets can often take aaaaages to come, but they always do.

DJR

My Manchester ticket just came through the letterbox with a special sticker on...thanks Royal mail for the great recorded delivery!