Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

New Member, Relatively New Fan

Started by Dath, Oct 25, 2012, 01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dath

Hey all,
If I remember correctly, I got into Deftones the day Rocket Skates was given away. Free, legal downloads tend to capture my interest, so I went to check it out. I enjoyed it enough to look more into the band. For me, at least, I found them to be a band that takes time to grow on you, but when it clicked for me I was just blown away. So, whenever it was that it happened, they became my favorite band.

One thing that really disappointed me was that nobody I knew appreciated their music. That's cool and all, everyone has their taste, but its kind of a bummer when none of your friends like your favorite band. (Or in some cases, just outright hate them.)

So, I learned fairly quickly once I started listening that Chino is sort of hit and miss live post 90s, so I tried to remember videos of solid live shows from more recent years. I noticed a trend, that a lot of those videos directed people to sharinglungs in the descriptions. So one day I decided to check it out, thinking it was amazing that this was a place where fans of the band could come together and share the love. I've browsed the board now and again, but today I decided to register. I think it's going to be great to have an outlet to talk Deftones with people.

DeftonesNZ

Welcome had the same problem with my friends one in particular just hated them and took the piss all the time but i have converted him now he recently confessed he loves them.

Gee

Hello Dath. That's a good first post!

I myself have the chance to have quite a lot of friends around me liking them (they are pretty popular among rock/metal aficionados here in France) even though it was not always like that.

Welcome !
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

Vesanic

Welcome!

My friends all know I'm a Deftones fan. None of them are.

Crazylegs

Quote from: Dath on Oct 25, 2012, 01:17 AMFree, legal downloads tend to capture my interest

This made me laugh. What a weird statement.

Welcome.

deftones47

I also have many friends that know I'm a Deftones fan, but only two of them are also Deftones fans.

Anyway, welcome to the forum! I hope you have a good time here!

Dath

Thanks for the welcome, all. Always a good sign when a community is so welcoming.

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Oct 25, 2012, 05:56 AM
Welcome had the same problem with my friends one in particular just hated them and took the piss all the time but i have converted him now he recently confessed he loves them.

Yeah, I can relate to that. A majority of my friends are just indifferent, but one of them is particularly insulting about it. Interesting to note, I'm also a bit of a Meshuggah fan (actually not because of Stef's recommendation, found it in a playlist full of Deftones stuff when I was getting acquainted, but I'd be willing to bet that's why it was in there), and that guy used to give them shit all the time. Now he's a Meshuggah fan too.

Lucky for me, most of my friends are metal heads, so our tastes generally do match up.

DJR

Welcome, i wish my first post was that epic :(

There Will Be Blood

greetings man, welcome to the Deftones club.

Northcal