Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Any Underoath fans here?

Started by SquealLikeaPig, Oct 29, 2012, 03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SquealLikeaPig

Just wondering if there are any Underoath fans here.  They seem to have some Deftones influence mainly in their guitar stuff.  I really like this band; especially their last 2 albums.  They are breaking up and going on a fairwell tour soon.  They are definitely on the "screamo" side but I can't deny their awesomeness. 

UnderOATH In Regards to Myself

normsteez

I love Underoath. They are only chasing safety is a great album, that I still play to this day.
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

Munson

yeah "Define the Great Line" is dope.

SquealLikeaPig

Quote from: Munson on Oct 29, 2012, 04:57 PM
yeah "Define the Great Line" is dope.

Yeah, that's the album that got me into them.  Listening to it now.  Here's the full album on youtube...

Underoath - Define The Great Line (Full Album)

RoyalDeftonicBoy

LMAO

So glad that they are disbanding.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Oct 31, 2012, 03:01 AM
LMAO

Considering some of your tastes in music, I still find it hard to believe how much you loathe every single different era of this band. Have you actually listened to any of their songs posted on here?

This is one of my favorites
UnderOATH- Breathing In a New Mentality (NEW SONG W/ LYRICS)

Always will have a soft spot for this song. Fell in love with them at Warped 03 along with Haste the Day and PTW. Definitely one of my "gateways" to heavy music.
Underoath - When The Sun Sleeps
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

SquealLikeaPig

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 31, 2012, 03:32 AM
LMAO

Considering some of your tastes in music, I still find it hard to believe how much you loathe every single different era of this band. Have you actually listened to any of their songs posted on here?

Always will have a soft spot for this song. Fell in love with them at Warped 03 along with Haste the Day and PTW. Definitely one of my "gateways" to heavy music.

I really like Breathing In a New Mentality but don't care much for their early stuff like When the Sun Sleeps.  The screaming just doesn't sound good to me back then.  Actually kind of annoying but their last 2 albums are amazing.  I wish they would make one more album but I guess that's not in the cards.  At least they are putting out a couple of new tracks on their anthology album.

x Rx King x

Quote from: SquealLikeaPig on Oct 31, 2012, 07:48 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 31, 2012, 03:32 AM
LMAO

I really like Breathing In a New Mentality but don't care much for their early stuff like When the Sun Sleeps.  The screaming just doesn't sound good to me back then.  Actually kind of annoying but their last 2 albums are amazing.  I wish they would make one more album but I guess that's not in the cards.  At least they are putting out a couple of new tracks on their anthology album.

This song right here:
It's Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Robotsatemygrandma

I was really into one of their songs... Boy Brushed in Red? Forget the song name but that shit was bumping! Also saw them with the Chariot... or was it Norma Jean? Shit. It was the Chariot. Ha!