Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Iron Maiden/Judas Priest

Started by x Rx King x, Oct 30, 2012, 12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

x Rx King x

I'm quite surprised that there is no thread for these two metal GODS. I thought about starting a thread for them both individually, but then i was like "por que no los dos???" so here ya go. Personally, I like Maiden alot more, but i think both of them made serious contributions to metal, and music as a whole. Let's talk real metal, chaps.

iron maiden Powerslave

Hellrider-Judas Priest

bright lights, big city

Could never get into Judas, but Maiden. Hell yeah. It's all about "Run To the Hills".
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

black coffee

^Fifteen studio albums and its all about Run To The Hills? LOL man maybe show some respect for a band that inspired a lot of your ( and my )  favorite bands.

RxKing, let me answer your question-  Thing is, only few of us have the same background in music.

My old man listened to bands like Maiden, Paradise Lost, Queensryche, Metallica, Def Leppard when I was young, so that definitely had an effect on me. It was probably a good foundation for me to start with and go from there to other genres of rock and metal.

But you know every generation has their own music, and its usually a minority who listen to the same music as their parents. So that explains why you didn't find a topic.

Next year might be their last tour, so I have to go. Probably Frankfurt, just saw on the official site they added a second show.

bright lights, big city

Ok sorry mang, sorry for sounding like a poser. Number of the Beast, Powerslave, Somewhere In Time, were albums I really dug. But it was Run to the Hills that got me into them. I know it was one of their top 3 hits or so, but it's the first song I go back to when I'm in the mood for some Maiden.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

I easily prefer Judas Priest. I guess it's because they have a much more "metal sound" than Maiden (ie: Painkiller album). Rob Halford has some serious pipes.

The Sentinel is one of my all time favorite metal songs.

Maiden have made some great songs (The Evil That Men Do, Trooper, etc) but Dickinson's vocals get too operatic for me in the long haul.

x Rx King x

Bruce's voice is pinical man.... Rob's too, but Bruce's voice introduced a whole new kinda opra-esque sound that no one could nail, even shows in NOTB. I love Mr. Di'Anno, but man, Bruce is killer (no pun intended).

DeftonesNZ

Have great respect for both these bands but being young  i don't relate to them i listen to a bit of Black Sabbath but thats about it in terms of old metal I'm just not into the high guitar tone with fast playing and the lyrics aswell (don't like a lot of new stuff for the same reason) i'd rather just have a chunky riff that being said it's unfair to expect the music to be relative to the younger generation  when it wasn't made for us ,i still have a huge appreciation for what they've done for metal though

DJR

See now these are two bands i have a lot of respect for, but don't actually enjoy listening to! But they are great at what they do :)