Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

RIP Mitch Lucker from the band Suicide Silence

Started by RoyalDeftonicBoy, Nov 01, 2012, 08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyalDeftonicBoy

According to The Press-Enterprise, SUICIDE SILENCE frontman Mitch Lucker died this morning (Thursday, November 1) after sustaining injuries in a motorcycle crash Wednesday night.The Orange County coroner's office said Lucker was pronounced dead at 6:17 a.m. Thursday at UCI Medical Center in Orange County.
Lucker was hospitalized after a motorcycle accident shortly before 9 p.m. Wednesday.The 28-year-old singer lived in Huntington Beach but grew up in Riverside, California.At approximately 7:00 p.m. West Coast time Wednesday night, Lucker tweeted a photo of himself presumably dressed up for Halloween festivities (see below) with the caption, "The dead are living..." Lucker broke his elbow in late August and subsequently developed an infection related to the injury.

I never liked this band but that is fucked up.

DJR

Im quite shocked, they did a few decent songs

bright lights, big city

Terrible. No Time To Bleed is an amazing death metal album. I remember a college buddy of mine talking them up a few years back to me, how he was trying to sign them to Victory. Sooo heavy. This is awful for the band as a whole too, since well, his vocals were essential to their awesome heavy sound.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

JulianGage

Suicide Silence were one of the first 'heavy' bands I got into. Pretty shocked by this :(

Mustang

Suicide Silence is one of my favorite bands. I'm crying right now... Damn... RIP.

only pieces remain

xLhabiax

We are ok in a misguided Sadist way

x Rx King x

I only remember hearing a few songs by these guys, but that really does suck... R.I.P.

sing blue silver

I was a casual fan of SS but any death is tragic and Mitch was really quite talented. RIP. my heart goes out particularly to his daughter.

dawg

R.I.P. - one of the nicest and humblest person I've met! So sad for his young daughter :'(

chuckles

I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

skinnypuppy

Nice to see some love for him on here - I worked with him and SS for more than 3 years - I had to call out of work that day. All I did was sleep and cry.

He lives on, though.

Dath