Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The best Headphone

Started by Alxn, Nov 06, 2012, 05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbmp1390

I just got some Skull Candy Uprock headphones for xmas. I've never cared for the name so I was prepared to be disappointed but they are actually really fantastic. Probably not the absolute best like Shure or Sennheiser like some of you have mentioned. But still really terrific sound quality, especially for the price.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

lostpilot

Quote from: devilinside on Dec 27, 2012, 03:35 AM
I've got the Studio Beats and they really sound amazing. I love the noise canceling,but they do leak sound. I've been looking the last few days at a pair of Sennheiser CXC 700's and a pair of Shure EC4's,I need a good pair of earbuds.

After working in a shop that sells Beats and other headphones for two years now, I can tell you - Beats are really overpriced. I won't say they are BAD headphones, yes, they do produce normal quality sound, but we have a couple of options where you would pay a price that is 4 times lower than Beats (either Studio or Pro) and have a much better build and a much better sound quality.

And you know, people just keep buying Beats. Fashion..

Deftones-argentina

i haven't certainly tested all the headphones in the world, but I'm certainly in love with my sennheiser hd280. The best headphones I've bought until now.

devilinside

Quote from: lostpilot on Dec 29, 2012, 09:13 AM
Quote from: devilinside on Dec 27, 2012, 03:35 AM
I've got the Studio Beats and they really sound amazing. I love the noise canceling,but they do leak sound. I've been looking the last few days at a pair of Sennheiser CXC 700's and a pair of Shure EC4's,I need a good pair of earbuds.

After working in a shop that sells Beats and other headphones for two years now, I can tell you - Beats are really overpriced. I won't say they are BAD headphones, yes, they do produce normal quality sound, but we have a couple of options where you would pay a price that is 4 times lower than Beats (either Studio or Pro) and have a much better build and a much better sound quality.

And you know, people just keep buying Beats. Fashion..

I bought my Beats 3 years ago,before it was "cool" to walk around with them on like jewelry. I've been very satisfied with the sound and construction of them,and have never had any problems with cords breaking (bose) or loss of sound,so that justifies the $300 I spent on them. But with that said,I need something more compact for an upcoming trip. Ended up buying a pair of Klipsch earbuds. Based on all the reviews they seem to be really great ear buds with stellar sound quality.

BillyNo.9

I agree that beats are retardedly over priced. I would never pay that much for them, however receiving them as a gift is pretty sweet.
Be careful with those Skull candy Uprocks jbpm, those are some fragile headphones, I went through 2 pairs before I just gave up with Skull candy. That flat "tangle-less" wire is a great feature but it will rip right out of the connector with the slightest bit of tug -.-

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I usually just replace the cord if that happens to my headphones it's very handy knowing how to solder lol, I've had some Frankenstein headphones over the years made up of like 3 different sets of headphones.

BillyNo.9

I know how to solder, just never thought of that actually. Doesn't it decrease the sound quality?

DeftonesNZ

Na not if you do it cleanly and use decent cord I usually just take apart the headphones and replace the entire cord straight from each speaker.

samson simpson

Sett

I like Sony MDR-V6 a lot. Great value for the money.

BunsRaisinsPies

Been rocking Klipsch S4i Rugged buds for a bit! For their price they are without a doubt the best in ear buds for under 99 dollars. Still the best headphones I've used were a pair of Audio-Techincas and Bose QC15s. Also yay first SL post

alvarezbassist17

Just got these bad boys in the mail.  They put everything else I've heard to shame, frrlz.

SwerveCityUSA

How's beats solo? they've got 40 mm right? I just want the bass for my Reggae to sound great and both metal and reggae use the top notch production qualities and plenty of complex arrangements so I demand good quality to hear all the intricacies and instrumentation nicely.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

SwerveCityUSA

Always go Sony, I say. Unless you can afford Dr Dre.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

NYRexall

If you have the $$$, throw down for some Grado headphones. The best shit your money can buy. Be prepared to pay a chunk though.

defTHE1s

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 11, 2013, 07:21 AM
Agree.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 11, 2013, 07:21 AM

Except beats are pure shit.

Get these. They're studio quality and very affordable and surprisingly durable.

http://www.amazon.com/AKG-240-Semi-Open-Studio-Headphones/dp/B0001ARCFA

Make_shift Destiny

I have some AKG studio headphones that sound great. Unfortunately, someone put a bunch of chewed up gum in my headphone jack on my computer, so I don't get to use them too often... I always feel like those dudes who walk around wearing over-the-ear headphone are massive assholes. My friend was driving home the other day and saw a kid wearing a pair walking down the street, and threw a small granite egg at the dude. He missed, but thought it was funny as hell
Give her what you know she wants