Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan album reviews

Started by KoiNoYokan, Nov 11, 2012, 04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on May 13, 2013, 05:00 AM
Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 13, 2013, 04:15 AM
Quote from: lostcancer on May 13, 2013, 04:10 AM
KNY doesn't leave a lasting impression, only solid song on there is Rosemary the rest are ok at best. It sucks because i wanted to love this album

Thankfully you don't work for rolling stone or the rest of em you depressed motherfucker.

SwervecityUSA is a pink faggot

Hey Jerry, be a little less original please. if you're going to jerk lostcancer, don't call someone else a faget when we just saw you slurp all that cum load up in the streets.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

Jerry_Curls

Actually, I just took it all up my ass ^_^
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

BillyNo.9

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 13, 2013, 06:22 AM
Hey Jerry, be a little less original please. if you're going to jerk lostcancer, don't call someone else a faget when we just saw you slurp all that cum load up in the streets.

Haha I love how that was supposed to offend you, when in reality it probably gave you a semi.

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on May 13, 2013, 11:41 PM
Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 13, 2013, 06:22 AM

Haha I love how that was supposed to offend you, when in reality it probably gave you a semi.

That's really all you children like to do on here is talk about cock. does anybody like the Deftones?

sing blue silver

So the guy telling someone they slurp up cum from the street proceeds to call someone else childish for mentioning cock... You're not doing yourself any favours here dude.

normsteez

SwerveCityUSA, the new names on this board just keep getting better and better. What a clown.
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

lostcancer

KNY doesn't leave a lasting impression, only solid song on there is Rosemary the rest are ok at best. It sucks because i wanted to love this album

Thankfully you don't work for rolling stone or the rest of em you depressed motherfucker.

The only thing depressing is KNY and you taking my comment to heart

sing blue silver

I like KNY but I can understand why some people don't. It's certainly not their best album. I don't get a stick up my ass because someone doesn't like it though.

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: lostcancer on May 14, 2013, 01:03 PM

The only thing depressing is KNY and you taking my comment to heart

how do you like deftones if you can't get anything out of that album?

Quote from: sing blue silver on May 14, 2013, 02:02 PM
I like KNY but I can understand why some people don't. It's certainly not their best album. I don't get a stick up my ass because someone doesn't like it though.

It is their best album actually. And here you go again talking about taking it in the butt and so forth, that's every word that comes out of your alls mouth.

only pieces remain

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: only pieces remain on May 14, 2013, 07:43 PM
how old are you?

you all are stuck on pre-Self Titled material, which is great stuff, but I'm not a teenager anymore, I want maturity in my music. real blues.

sing blue silver

I think self titled and SNW are their best, in fact I think Adrenaline is easily their worst. KNY is nowhere near their best. It's a good album and I do love the majority of it but some parts are a bit sterile feeling and lack the emotion and power of the white pony through SNW era. Please grow up a little. Your opinion is not fact and it only holds as much weight as the opinion of everyone else here. It is in no way their most technical, ambitious, mature or experimental album by any stretch in my opinion BUT poltergeist will go down as one of my favourite deftones songs ever while swerve city will be my most reviled for years to come.

Zantera

I think it's interesting when people phrase their opinions like they are stating facts. Some people might consider KNY to be the best, some might like Adrenaline the most. It's just opinions, nobody is "right" or "wrong".

SwerveCityUSA

No enough of that, diamond eyes and Koi No Yokan are their best, that's not opinion.

JayJamesGatsbyGatz

The first time I listened to KNY, on my Walkman no less (dont judge me ok), I was blown away. I just thought, this stuff's REAL. Like real real.

Rosemary is definetley the one I dig most sound wise (if that makes sense?) and then Leathers for the lyrics. I thought it would have been cool if they named "What Happened To You?" RX King instead 'cause of the slightly similar drum pattern. White Pony throwback  :o

Gosh darnit Deftones, I love you.
"We wanted to do something different, but I learned that different isn't always good."- ChinoM

N0S3BLEED976

Shut the fuck up, SwerveCityUSA!

sing blue silver

BillyNo.9

Swervecity is a troll no doubt, btw check your PM's

SwerveCityUSA

you don't even care about the music. hater rage.

BillyNo.9

Nah you're right, I just pretend to like deftones because nobody really knows about them, I'm a hipster you see.