Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan album reviews

Started by KoiNoYokan, Nov 11, 2012, 04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on May 15, 2013, 01:06 AM
Nah you're right, I just pretend to like deftones because nobody really knows about them, I'm a hipster you see.

Back off my posts man.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

BillyNo.9

Then don't make a ridiculous claim and not expect someone to repute then you fucking gimpshit.

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on May 15, 2013, 02:18 AM
Then don't make a ridiculous claim and not expect someone to repute then you fucking gimpshit.

dude I don't really want to have to make a reply to your hatred bullshit, seriously, just leave my shit alone.

theis

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 14, 2013, 10:36 PM
No enough of that, diamond eyes and Koi No Yokan are their best, that's not opinion.

You need to lay off that "it's a fact, not opinion" bullshit. Stop the trolling.

This is a warning.....

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: theis on May 15, 2013, 06:23 PM
No enough of that, diamond eyes and Koi No Yokan are their best, that's not opinion.

You need to lay off that "it's a fact, not opinion" bullshit. Stop the trolling.

This is a warning.....

No, I can have my own opinion too and state it as fact. Bitch Made.

nicklav

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 15, 2013, 06:41 PM
Quote from: theis on May 15, 2013, 06:23 PM

This is a warning.....

You certainly can state your opinion, but in no way does that make it a fact.

SwerveCityUSA

Enough of does life imitate art or does art imitate life.

people are people

My Review, Deftones-adrenaline,ATF,white pony,s/t,snw are the greatest albums ever,their music gave way to a new generation, they are credited with being one of the most influentional and greatest alternative groups ever. thats what i would say exactly if i was drunk,but thankfully i am not, Diamond Eyes and Koi no Yokan the best records.
If you see hot topic scene kids claiming that they are so hardcore because they scream their heads off to "my own summer" or try kills a girl as she bathes by way of electrocution because they love "Digital Bath". Once in your house push them down a flight all fucking stairs, if they survive the fall,punch and kick them in the balls and face repeatedly until they beg for mercy, attempt to help them up but then punch them,repeat until the fag has knocked unconscious, then sell their body to the black market, when they awake,they will have no kidneys then finish them off by forcing them to drink twenty bottles of water. SwerveCityUSA i like your style and of the aperfectcircle 

cliché time:
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.---- Voltaire
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. --Voltaire 

opinion or fact? or troll? you decide. 

Now see a true review by Chino Moreno and Abe about koi no yokan

Deftones on Exclaim! Aggressive Tendencies

BillyNo.9

FUCK OFF

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on May 16, 2013, 02:47 AM

FUCK OFF

keep playing internet games cocksucker, go listen to dubstep.

musteatbrains

Friends, you are witnessing the bitter, boring end of the Deftones.  Our beloved band will not crumble due to in-fighting, disagreements, artistic differences, or anything that might actually inspire creativity and emotion.  Rather they're suffering from the exact opposite – they're mildly happy, reluctantly complacent, and frankly, bored.  You can hear it in the tired lyrics of a once-mastermind trying to imitate his former self.  Stephen hasn't had an interesting riff in years.  Even Abe's drumming, while still hard, lacks the creativity it once paraded naturally.   

This tired serenity comes through in everything – the interviews, full with identical phrases and response ("we're capturing a moment in time"); played-out setlists, robotic performances; and an overall lack of excitement.  And even though this sounds superficial, imagery is important, and this is the first record in which their physical appearances have not changed a bit.  They look identical to Diamond Eyes cycle – the DE/KNY eras are basically identical in terms of sound and image.  They even used the same producer, photographer, and used his FATHER for the artwork!  It's clear they went with the easiest, safest options – the paths of least resistance, and least reward from an artistic perspective.  And this is all because their priorities have changed. 

The beautiful thing about the Deftones is they were an unintended success.  They didn't start a band to be rock stars and to make a living.  They were in a band because they were friends who enjoyed music.  This remained the foundation for years, until recently.  They're all pushing 40 now, most have kids, some have alimony.  These are the burdens of growing the fuck up.  While I'd love to see the band in the prior, raw state, it's selfish and unrealistic. 

Koi No Yokan, which, like Diamond Eyes, was treated as a 9-5, was nothing more than an attempt to remain relevant.  Trust me – if they didn't HAVE to write this record, they would not have.  But nobody's going to book them for shows without a new record to promise some interest and ticket sales.  The record becomes a necessary evil to promote touring, which has become a necessary evil to support certain lifestyles.  At this point, what other choice do they have?  Any other career movie is extremely risky.  Risk literally cannot be afforded (yet), especially when there is more juice to squeeze from this fruit. 

They also can't afford to write music when they feel like it.  That's why they ditched Terry – because he understood how to get the best performances out of them: an utter lack of discipline.  "Let it come naturally" – the obvious mantra.  Nick couldn't give a crap about that kind of stuff.  Nick has one job – to get the record done.  Terry can get an 8/10 record out of the band, but it will take 3 years.  Nick can get a 6/10 in six months.  Which option makes more sense?  And which one sounds better to mgmt/label – obviously the moneymaker.  Reality sets in, this is what we have. 

"The shade is a tool, a device, a savior."  Yeah, swap "shade" out with "album," and here we are:  Koi No Yokan.  1.5/10 for Leathers and the decent verse of Goon Squad.

SwerveCityUSA

Friends you are here to behold and see the beauty of the best band that ever graced the earth both in terms of style, time and place, output, live shows and the sound of the music most importantly. The deftones being true children of the Bad Brains and the most high god Jah Rastafari emperor Haile Selassie I, Jesus Christ have prevailed in the most abundant way, even after the sacrifice of their spiritual guide departed this physical realm and went on high to give them spiritual tidings from that special place we all wish to attain.

Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan, includes in it not one bad track and enters into the era that we all begged for with each release from a young group who was surely to mature into seniority. the live shows are more cerebral, the songs are more powerful, even adding Jazz improve stylings to the old material, begging you that you may love the past right here and now.

The Deftones were always a band that was meant to be, they were meant to come and be the band that every one wished to be in and wished to be, most of all everyone wants to create each song and album and never more so than now today. They are here to break down barriers. Chino's vocals sore pop sentiments and soul melodies throughout each track and he still screams with the aggression of the music, making you think how can he still do that? Stephen's riffs are so full of body and movement, he's carving and creating a craft not truly known yet to man, how can something so heavy be so melodic? He makes you think shredding is for the weak and say where is the song in solos? right here with the riff is the answer. "Thou shalt believe in the riff."

Now through life experience they have matured into the perfect band they always were to become, the attainment of perfection has been attained. Back to back triumphant releases of perfectly planned and thought out albums, this band could never let down and not impress. Koi No Yokan is above opinion, it is a piece of heart and soul to be enjoyed by those who have.

Go and see them now, in there prime, in this beautiful history to be regretted if missed. - In the spirit of Chi.

buddyboy101

Hank

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 16, 2013, 04:45 AM
Koi No Yokan is above opinion, it is a piece of heart and soul to be enjoyed by those who have.

Go and see them now, in there prime, in this beautiful history to be regretted if missed. - In the spirit of Chi.

Thank You Friend..

pony_01

Quote from: musteatbrains on May 16, 2013, 04:12 AM
Friends, you are witnessing the bitter, boring end of the Deftones.  Our beloved band will not crumble due to in-fighting, disagreements, artistic differences, or anything that might actually inspire creativity and emotion.  Rather they're suffering from the exact opposite – they're mildly happy, reluctantly complacent, and frankly, bored.  You can hear it in the tired lyrics of a once-mastermind trying to imitate his former self.  Stephen hasn't had an interesting riff in years.  Even Abe's drumming, while still hard, lacks the creativity it once paraded naturally.   

This tired serenity comes through in everything – the interviews, full with identical phrases and response ("we're capturing a moment in time"); played-out setlists, robotic performances; and an overall lack of excitement.  And even though this sounds superficial, imagery is important, and this is the first record in which their physical appearances have not changed a bit.  They look identical to Diamond Eyes cycle – the DE/KNY eras are basically identical in terms of sound and image.  They even used the same producer, photographer, and used his FATHER for the artwork!  It's clear they went with the easiest, safest options – the paths of least resistance, and least reward from an artistic perspective.  And this is all because their priorities have changed. 

look! a pessimist fan!
believe what you want to believe, man

rainnyx4

LOL, Deftones fans are dumb as shit.  Sometimes I wonder what percentage of Deftones fans have graduated from High School.

Penicks

The beautiful thing about the Deftones is they were an unintended success.  They didn't start a band to be rock stars and to make a living.  They were in a band because they were friends who enjoyed music.  This remained the foundation for years, until recently.  They're all pushing 40 now, most have kids, some have alimony.  These are the burdens of growing the fuck up.  While I'd love to see the band in the prior, raw state, it's selfish and unrealistic. 

Koi No Yokan, which, like Diamond Eyes, was treated as a 9-5, was nothing more than an attempt to remain relevant.  Trust me – if they didn't HAVE to write this record, they would not have.  But nobody's going to book them for shows without a new record to promise some interest and ticket sales.  The record becomes a necessary evil to promote touring, which has become a necessary evil to support certain lifestyles.  At this point, what other choice do they have?  Any other career movie is extremely risky.  Risk literally cannot be afforded (yet), especially when there is more juice to squeeze from this fruit. 

They also can't afford to write music when they feel like it.  That's why they ditched Terry – because he understood how to get the best performances out of them: an utter lack of discipline.  "Let it come naturally" – the obvious mantra.  Nick couldn't give a crap about that kind of stuff.  Nick has one job – to get the record done.  Terry can get an 8/10 record out of the band, but it will take 3 years.  Nick can get a 6/10 in six months.  Which option makes more sense?  And which one sounds better to mgmt/label – obviously the moneymaker.  Reality sets in, this is what we have. 

"The shade is a tool, a device, a savior."  Yeah, swap "shade" out with "album," and here we are:  Koi No Yokan.  1.5/10 for Leathers and the decent verse of Goon Squad.

Jacob

Quote from: rainnyx4 on May 16, 2013, 07:46 AM
LOL, Deftones fans are dumb as shit.  Sometimes I wonder what percentage of Deftones fans have graduated from High School.

This.

And wow, hating on the band for being happy. Selfish pricks.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: Penicks on May 16, 2013, 03:59 PM

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing?

luisch

Yup, go and listen Linkin Park and Papa Roach. They are doing his best.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know