Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan album reviews

Started by KoiNoYokan, Nov 11, 2012, 04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romain

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 16, 2013, 10:31 PM
Me too, anyone that gets tattoos of any band is more then obsessed and should question why if they don't like all there stuff.

Woah there. My girlfriend has a S/T type of tattoo on her shoulder, as well as the pony on her leg. She's happily more than obsessed with both records, but she still dislikes KNY and doesn't like DE the way she digs the previous releases. Does the fact she doesn't love these two records but still got tattoos of two other albums she loves, which were written by the same band, make it stupid in any way, to you? Should she question why, according to you?

If so, I can see again why I left in the first place, shit.  ;D

black coffee

But did you leave in the first place? Someone claims you secretly post here, and on the same day you register a new account and respond to to it ;)

DeftonesNZ

haha yeah sounds suspicious, either welcome back man it's good to see you on here again.

black coffee

You say it, welcome back Ves. Good to hear about the girlfriend situation as well (:

DeftonesNZ

Sounds like a keeper aswell by her choice of tattoos

Romain

Well I won't lie, some people would hit me up on facebook telling me about how some of you guys were still discussing my case back in like March. I got curious, I wanted to see how far that whole stupid craziness could go, and I was more than fed haha. But musteatbrains isn't me. I mean, look at his English, and look at mine. No match, I suck. But yeah, I gave the forum a look every once in a while, I mean with Chi's death, the Adrenaline vinyl, etc. I never said I was totally done with the band. Probably said I wouldn't come back, but hey, I have no mind strength, right?

And yeah, she's most definitely a keeper, if she can stand me that is. Thanks guys. :)

musteatbrains

Quote from: Jacob on May 17, 2013, 01:10 AM
Man, so much idiocy around here I don't even know where to begin. It all boils down to this: people here feel entitled to speak their opinion, as long as it's negative. Especially about the band. It's frowned upon to say something positive that somehow contradicts another persons negative view on the same matter. So you want to claim your right to speak freely and have an opinion? Yeah dipshit, then how about letting others do the same? Look up the word "hypocrite". I don't know what's worse, the people who get an e-peen from constantly dissing the band and the fans who enjoy their newer material, or the trolls who can't refrain from arguing with these self-entitled know-it-alls. Either way, what pisses me off the most is that people actually sit here and pretend like they know what the fuck the band, their manager, their label and their fucking producer thinks. Have your theories, go ahead. But to me it only looks like you're trying to blame your poor conservative tastes on someone else. Do you honestly think Chino still wants to rap and scream about teenage angst? Just because you never grew up and found happiness in life doesn't mean other people can't. If you're so miserable you demand that your favorite band remains miserable for YOUR SAKE, then you can please go and off yourself. Now.

So much for having an intelligent discussion.  The only prick swinging around his opinion as fact is SwerveCityUSA, and I think everyone knows not to take him seriously (just look at his old posts, which get progressively antagonistic and nonsensical.  Back to the point, I haven't heard one person say they'd like the band to be still rapping, screaming, and upset.  Angst/depression do not guarantee good music, and the opposite dose not guarantee crap music either.  Two examples - First, SNW.  The band was probably at their worst in terms of stability.  They basically broke up.  Chino was going through hell.  And this is where the songwriting and performances first started suffering, and it's been a steady decline ever since.  This unhappiness did not produce a good record, just a few good songs like Kim, Beware, and Combat.  Second, Team Sleep.  The leak came out during the good ol' days, but it was not filled with "rapping and screaming" or angst.  It was overall pretty ambient, dreamy music, and it made for an awesome listening experience.  It sounded raw and inspired without being angsty.  Again, I cite to boredom as the cause for the current decline. 

And no, I'm not Ves.  Is it so hard to think that dude has been lurking ever since he left, especially to see how this board would carry on without him and what people would say?  His "coincidental" post totally proves that point, and I'm glad he's back.  He was a good member of the community except towards the end.  Removing all video content was a really amateur move, but he'll grow up one day. 

DeftonesNZ

I will say as much as I think the two new albums are good i will never have the same connection with them as I have with the other older stuff , the pre Diamond Eyes albums are like more than just music to me they provide escape whenever I get in a fucked up state of mind that being said I still like the music on DE and KNY it just doesn't take me away like the other stuff does.

Romain

Quote from: musteatbrains on May 17, 2013, 12:36 PM
And no, I'm not Ves.  Is it so hard to think that dude has been lurking ever since he left, especially to see how this board would carry on without him and what people would say?  His "coincidental" post totally proves that point, and I'm glad he's back.  He was a good member of the community except towards the end.  Removing all video content was a really amateur move, but he'll grow up one day.

"Lurking" is fairly excessive. But fine. I know nobody will buy this but this is honestly the first time I check the forum out in a little while. I have no shame in admitting I'd give it a quick look every once in a while though. But it was definitely not a daily thing. Not that I'd feel any shame in that either, but it wasn't the case.

I clearly am not in the same vibe as most people here and it did show towards the end, and I did let a couple of things go, I mean, it was relieving in some way. I probably don't belong here more than I did when I left, but really, with Eros that could be coming, and those live selections, yeah, I'm quite excited. I've checked out one or two setlists (I even saw someone quoting my post from setlist.fm, haha, seriously?), but I'm pretty much done with their live track now. Just the old stuff when it surfaces. I'll just keep using this forum to discuss topics I like. I'll try to stay out of debates when they're about stuff I don't dig, no broken hearts then.  ;D

As for my videos, that's another story you might want to discuss with me at some point, rather than just seeing it from a very external point of view and regarding it as some immature act. I know I do upload again, but that came with reasons too. Anyway, I do dig the honesty. Cheers.

DeftonesNZ

Hey V is it just my imagination or has it been ages since they've done any proshot stuff? I can't think of any big televised festivals or tv appearances for a couple of years now.

Romain

Well until the 2013 tour kick off, indeed, it had been a while since the last pro thing came up. I don't, nothing from the last couple of months? I thought there would have been some stuff since they played a couple of big festivals and all. Shit, it's really been a while, then.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I just suddenly realised how long it had been ,sucks that tv appearance got cancelled I like to see how the guys are doing live but the cellphone videos don't really give a good gauge, Although I've heard they've been killing it lately with really raw shows since they got back after the break, Also big news Chino finally stopped wearing his red plaid lumberjack top and has changed to a Joy Division t-shirt instead lol.

Romain

Raw, eh? What got so rawer, do you know?

DeftonesNZ

I've seen some people who have been to the Australian performances and other recent shows say Chino has been going on more loose like he's been drinking and he's been really getting into it enjoying himself and not holding back on screams or singing like he has done in recent years with the whole talk singing parts of songs, even saw a review saying saying he managed to hit the high note in Digital Bath, might just be because they're refreshed from the break but apparently Chino's been on point. I must say he sounded pretty good on Behind the Wheel with the Dillinger Escape Plan really showed his class especially compared to Greg.

DeftonesNZ

Just found this from Brisbane show the recording is pretty bad but the end is epic.
http://youtu.be/t5ruQyX4eXw

cvthedrv

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on May 17, 2013, 02:37 PM
Just found this from Brisbane show the recording is pretty bad but the end is epic.
http://youtu.be/t5ruQyX4eXw

nice, now im hungry for popcorn.

Romain

Hehe, booze... No secret. I'll admit, it's kinda raw. It's definitely the kind of vibe we had for that second in Paris, which is why it really felt different from all the other shows from that tour. Except Chino had a pneumonia, he sounds like he's recovered now, but yeah in Paris part 2 he was definitely under the influence and it gave the show a whole other intensity.

DeftonesNZ

Chino surprised me in that vid with his energy it reminded me a bit of the old school days just the way he was stomping back and forth across the stage near the end then the monster scream complete with mic drop, it's been a while since I've seen Chino work the stage so frantically he even climbed up on a balcony during 7 words.

Romain

Checked out that Brisbane setlist. Is Rivière up somewhere? Always a treat, can't deny.

nicklav

Quote from: Romain on May 17, 2013, 03:10 PM
Checked out that Brisbane setlist. Is Rivière up somewhere? Always a treat, can't deny.

This isn't really relevant to the discussion, but THANK YOU for putting the Wembly show back up. I can't go for very long without seeing that performance of Mascara.