Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan album reviews

Started by KoiNoYokan, Nov 11, 2012, 04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bza々

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 17, 2012, 04:56 AM
Here's my review:

Worst Deftones record ever.

lmfao. I can't decide if it's better than DE or not, but they're both in the running for worst record for sure.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: beautyschool_elite on Nov 17, 2012, 03:37 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Nov 17, 2012, 06:15 AM
Quote from: beautyschool_elite on Nov 17, 2012, 05:08 AM
Here's my review:

I think it may be tied with SNW

Naw, KNY isn't nearly that epic! ;)

You thought SNW was epic?! Oh my, do elaborate :P

Yes I did, and still do. It's my #1 favorite Deftones album, with ST being a close second. They had not done anything like it before, or since.

HITE has an amazing intro and outro, and beautiful Chino singing throughout with awesome texturing going on in there. The verse riff in Rapture may just be their best ever, it's one of my single favorite tracks of any artist of all time. Beware just kicks ass, plain and simple. Cherry Waves is probably their second weakest on the album, but has a pretty solid bassline. I'll just skip Mein... The Konami Code song is just genius, puts me into a trance and I could listen to it on a continuous loop for hours at a time. Xerces is another top 10 Deftones song for me, I love it. I feel like Rats is their template for everything they've done since SNW, hard verse with a soaring chorus. Awesome and totally different from what they did before. Pink Cellphone is funny, and a good head nodder. Don't know why it's so hated on, it's a fucking joke track, not meant to be a real song goddammit... Combat is another top 10 for me, awesome bouncy rhythm and cool intro. Kimdracula makes me sink into the abyss with that simply amazing riff, one of their best! And Rivière is their single best closing song, soooo sexy!
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

TheyCallMeP

* indicate my favorite songs (I'll choose 5)

Swerve City: Sergio's bass line is probably the best part of the song for me. The guitar during the bridge builds atmosphere nicely and Chino's lyrics remain vague and sexaul (she breaks her horses.. Hmm, who are the horses?) My two complaints here are Chino's ohhhh's and the song's short length. Some may like the length but it feels incomplete to me.

Romantic Dreams*: The song opens with a very interesting riff for the Deftones standards that builds up to the beginning verse. Chino's vocals are full of emotion and his distant screaming in the verses play off the guitar beautifully. Abe has some memorable parts throughout the song and the band handles the tempo changes well. It might seem hypocritical that I starred this song when it contains more emphasized ohhhh's than Swerve City, they seem to work here. This song is easily one of the highlights off of KNY.

Leathers: Right off the bat, I love the intro to this song. It is unlike anything the band has tried before and builds an eerie stillness before Chino's vocals and Steph's guitar shatter any false sense of security. The verses are heavier than anything else on the album and Frank's contributions add an extra reason to love this song. Chino's vocals do get softer during the chorus which will likely polarize some opinions on the song, but I think they work wonderfully. If I had a sixth star to give, it would go to Leathers. My only complaint is that it is lyrically reminiscent of Around The Fur. There is an EPK where Chino explains the ATF title and Leathers seems to be the song version of his explanation. It is a great song regardless though.

Poltergeist*: The song welcomes listeners with a series of fun rhythmic hand claps before the guitar storms its way in and makes it presence known. Chino's sing/scream vocals are excellent but the highlight if the song for me has to be the lyrics. The whole left you for dead/ love you to death connects the song's title to the music and the Deftones once again mix beauty and violence together to create another memorable tune. It is also hard to not clap your hands or sing along when The music cuts on during the bridge and Chino's vocals stand alone. This song is my pick for the strongest off of KNY.

Entombed: Upon my first listen of KNY, Entombed was one of my top five favorite songs on the album. I still love it and it is currently contending with Leathers for the sixth star. The song is very calming thanks to Steph's finger tapping and the soundscape that Frank creates here, making this a breath of fresh air for listeners at this point on the album. Chino's voice is top notch, as his high notes do not bother me, but his lyrics shine once again and steal the show. If the song is imagined from Chino's point of view, the song describes a one-sided and submissive relationship. Lyrically, the song reminds me of feiticeira (woman who has a man in a vulnerable position, one chained and one in a car trunk, maybe it's just me) but that is far from a complaint. The way Chino sings "shapes and colors are all I see" is also depressingly beautiful.

Graphic Nature: I was drawn into the guitar on this song right away and this is the song I think will be the next single after Swerve City. All the members play well here but there is nothing that really jumps out and demands my attention on this song. The lyrics seem a little uninspired (sorry to anyone who really likes them) but the guitars are what saves this song from being forgettable. This song is middle of the road for me but it use to be my least favorite off the album. It has grown on me a lot since then and maybe it will continue.

Tempest*: This song is beautiful. It is heavy yet still has softer moments (the intro) and the meaty progressive riffs are the executed perfectly. The momentum builds into one of the best choruses on the album full of airy vocals, strong lyrical imagery, and bending guitars. Warner picked a great song for a single and the song does not seem as long as it's track time actually is. Anytime that happens, you know a band has crafted an excellent song that has a high replay value.

Gauze: The opening seconds of guitar sound generic in my opinion but then a riff reminiscent of I'll Throw Rocks At You immediately hooked me back in. The verse is ok in my opinion but nothing too special, but the song shows signs of life again when the band experiments with a guitar keyboard mixture during the chorus. I am beginning to warm up to this song a little more but it suffers from the same problems Graphic Nature had. Gauze just has an experimental chorus and hard rocking outro. Another slightly above average song.

Rosemary*: This song is the most complete peice of music on the album. From the soft spacey introduction, to the changing atmosphere of the chorus, to the ending riff (that sounds suspiciously like the ending riff of Diamond Eyes) that eats you alive, you will be entertained. There is stron lyrical imagery here and the way Chino sings explooooooode at the song's climax is tremendous. As if this wasn't enough to listen, the outro to this song may be one of my abortive parts of the entire album. Deftones create a dream like soundscape with a Smashing Pumpkins styled guitar riff. After Steph's hard riff near the end of Rosemary, this is a beautiful way to end the song. Rosemary and Poltergeist are easily the best two songs on the album for me.

Goon Squad: Where to begin. On a positive note, the intro carries the atmosphere from the end of Rosemary. On a negative note, the intro is the best part of the song. Many people say the aggressive guitar and screaming make this an "old school sounding Deftones song," I wish I heard what those people did. This song pales in comparison to WGTB, Elite, Lotion, or Headup and lacks a certain bite. I am not a fan of the chorus full of looped screams backing up Chino's singing (and I love the dude's voice) and I struggle to get through the whole song. There is a decent guitar section during the bridge but it does not redeem the song. Honestly, this is probably my least favorite song on KNY.

What Happened To You*: I fucking love this song. I can relate the lyrics to a time in my life and the distinct sound of the song makes it that much more special. Sergio's easy going bass is bouncy and supports the verse nicely and makes this track minimalistic and beautiful. When the guitar comes in during the chorus when Chino is singing about the sky falling and stars burning out, this song becomes an emotional high point on the album for me. I can understand why some may not consider it a good "closer," but I will defend this as one of the better songs the Deftones have made since SNW era. Even if you aren't a big fan of the song, "We're alive somewhere else" and life will go on. I respect others opinions but this song is fantastic.

Overall, KNY feels like a very complete record and work very well within the context of the album. There are more individually memorable songs off of their other albums, but this record flows very well. I also enjoy the intros and outros as well as the other experimentation tried on KNY. It will be interesting to see where this record ranks overall in the Deftones catalogie in a year or two.

illthrowROCKS@U

Basically every song is OK, except Poltergeist and Gauze are amazing and Romantic Dreams and Leathers are terrible.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Bza々

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Nov 18, 2012, 09:19 PM
Basically every song is OK, except Poltergeist and Gauze are amazing and Romantic Dreams and Leathers are terrible.

lol. Leathers is only 1 out of 2 songs I even listen to. You must be another noob fan into this new style of deftones shit if you think those tracks are better than leathers, cuz they fucking blow.

Bza々

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Nov 18, 2012, 09:10 AM
Quote from: beautyschool_elite on Nov 17, 2012, 03:37 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Nov 17, 2012, 06:15 AM
Quote from: beautyschool_elite on Nov 17, 2012, 05:08 AM
Here's my review:

I think it may be tied with SNW

Naw, KNY isn't nearly that epic! ;)

You thought SNW was epic?! Oh my, do elaborate :P

Yes I did, and still do. It's my #1 favorite Deftones album, with ST being a close second. They had not done anything like it before, or since.

I'm with you. Snw is in my top 3.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Bza々 on Nov 19, 2012, 01:35 AM

lol. Leathers is only 1 out of 2 songs I even listen to. You must be another noob fan into this new style of deftones shit if you think those tracks are better than leathers, cuz they fucking blow.

You must be a giant tool to assume your opinion is more valid than mine, and then to assume how long I've been a fan (how you could attempt to know this is well beyond me). Which kind of leads me to believe that it's you that "blows," and not in the metaphorical sense.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

DeftonesNZ

Yeah if you disagree you don't need to be a dick about it and put the other guy down just put forward your argument

sing blue silver

Here is some of my feelings on the album to date.
First off, I find KNY is miles ahead of DE in every aspect. More interesting songs and more progressive songwriting, also I find it flows flawlessly. I don't find a single section of the album sounding fragmented or out of place. ST is the only other Deftones album I get that feeling from. Sure this album may be a bit more "safe" or "comfortable" for where they are in their career. It's a logical follow up to DE and doesn't take as many stylistic changes from the last album like the band has been known to do, but I feel they really perfected that style they'd moved towards since SNW and added a lot of atmospheric aspects and musicianship that lacked on DE.
So far I am in love with KNY unlike I have been with a Deftones album in quite some time. I find it hard to rank the albums at this point with the sheer volume of material the band have amassed but I see it in 3 stages. Adrenaline and Around the fur were the young, agressive Deftones full of piss and vinegar and making very raw and honest music.
Then comes the WP, ST and SNW stage of the career. The band made a departure from their sound and threw their fans a curveball by separating themselves from their peers and making music that could be taken far more seriously and sounded more mature. They took risks and those risks paid off big time. My two personal favourite and most listened to Deftones albums come from this period (ST and SNW). The emotions were still genuine but presented in more effective and interesting ways that had only been touched on with their first two albums. To me this is when Deftones were most interesting, most exciting and most effective.
Then came the tragic accident of Chi Cheng and this changed the world of Deftones forever. I don't think some fans will ever come to terms with this change. Maybe hearing Eros would shed more light on the stylistic change this time around but somehow I doubt it. The absence of Chi and the addition of Sergio Vega changed the bands sound forever. Also the addition of Nick Raskulinecz and 8 string guitars changed how the band sounds on record. For me Diamond Eyes was the Deftones "pop" record. It's very straight forward and to the point songs with a less agressive edge and a broader appeal. Also it comes across as an immensely optimistic record that really showed in the bands mindset at the time. For me it doesn't resonate a couple years later the way the early albums do but it brought the band back into the public eye the most they had been since WP.  It was a critical and commercial success and it instilled a new confidence in the band. Personally I feel the ambition on this record wasn't quite realized but it works as an album. To me it works as a bridge between SNW and KNY.
With KNY the band took that work ethic, sound and optimism of DE and really fully realized the potential of the new sound with the new lineup. Unfortunately Swerve City is the weakest album opener for me yet besides Diamond Eyes but the album really takes off and doesn't fail to impress. Romantic Dreams has a very haunting feeling during the verses and I enjoy the chorus even though it may be the weakest moment of an otherwise great song. I enjoy it but I feel the flow of the song completely shifts during the chorus. Some love it and some hate it. For me it keeps things interesting but I can see how some may find it self indulgent on Chino's part. Leathers and Poltergeist flow well into one another and are a shot of adrenaline that echos through the rest of the album on tracks like Gauze and Goon Squad.
Entombed has grown on me immensely. It may be one of my favourite tracks on the album and I find it connects to me on an emotional level. Also Graphic Nature seems to get a bit of a bad rap. It's groovy and has a very interesting and effective vocal delivery. It's bouncy, fun and a bit haunting all at the same time.
Then comes Tempest, which I consider the second weakest song on the album, but still a very good tune. Though Deftones writing "concept" songs is something I'm not terribly into. It doesn't come off as genuine as other parts of the album and that raw genuine emotion of older albums has been dampened. Songs about the apocalypse and time travel are maybe something I could go without the Deftones trying, though the latter pays off much more with Rosemary. This song is expansive, emotional, and beautiful. It's one of my favourite moments on the album and is placed perfectly between two heavy hitters.
The closing track is an interesting experiment in sound for the band and I love the way it opens up in the chorus. This seems to be a trend with the album but is perhaps most well suited here. It doesn't feel like the song taking a left turn when this moment happens but perhaps one could argue that the lack of such changes in the feeling of the song make it a bit boring to some. This isn't the case for me but I could understand that opinion. It isn't one of the best Deftones closing tracks for an album by any stretch but it's a song I enjoy.
Once again this record echos a positivity that reaches some but may fall a bit short for fans of the agressive or dark and dreary Deftones of the past. There are a few moments on the album that call back to that era in a way but it's not the focus by any means. It won't top the connections I have to albums like ST, SNW and ATF but it's a grower and it's currently having an interesting effect on me. I like it and right now I'm just enjoying the ride of being a Deftones fan. With a band that goes through so many stylistic changes, sometimes even the most die hard fan may not personally care for the choices the band makes. Over my lengthy tenure as a Deftones fan, I've been fortunate enough to enjoy the majority of those changes and this is one I can get behind. Only time will tell how this album sticks out in their catalogue and perhaps I'll fall out of love with it someday as I have before but it won't be any time soon.

domaug

Quote from: Bza々 on Nov 19, 2012, 01:35 AM

you're absolutely right: you're obviously one of the only "real" Deftones fans.  thank you very much for your well-informed opinion.  it's an honor to hear from such a convincing presence in the Deftones fan base.

on a serious note, big deal.  someone likes different Deftones songs than you do.  you must have been so offended that that was the case.  get over yourself.  everyone has opinions about this album.

here's my opinion on KNY, track by track.  it's not a very well-written "review", but i'm not very good at putting my feelings into words about music anyway.

1. Swerve City: i like it, it's a very solid opener for this already solid album.  the sound of this one gets me going.  8/10
2. Romantic Dreams: it's not a bad song, but not one of my favorites on this one.  not feeling it too much.  6/10
3. Leathers: i heard it so many times before KNY was released, but it's still enjoyable.  not in my top 3 of favorites here though. 7/10
4. Poltergeist: this is my favorite track on KNY, and it's not even that close. 10/10
5. Entombed: on the slower side but not too bad.  i don't have any complaints. the sound is still great. 8/10
6. Graphic Nature: it's got a solid sound to it and decent lyrics, but i'm not really feeling this one much. 7/10
7. Tempest: another song i heard a lot before KNY got released. i like this slightly better than Leathers though, but not much more. 8/10
8. Gauze: this is my second favorite track on KNY. i can listen to this one pretty much any time. 10/10
9. Rosemary: my third favorite track on KNY, it's very peaceful but still has that familiarly loud Deftones feel.  9/10
10. Goon Squad: the sound on this one is so intense it can get me pumped no matter what i'm doing. not feeling the vocals too much though. 9/10
11. What Happened to You: vocally an interesting choice to close out the album, but i'm not that into the sound of it.  8/10

OVERALL: in my opinion, this album is a very good release from Deftones.  whether you loved or hated DE, this one could probably hold your interest anyway.  i think anyone who hated this one expected a White Pony or Around the Fur influence too much.  i expected more of a SNW or DE vibe to their sound and that's what i felt i got out of it, so i'm not upset about it.

only pieces remain

Quote from: sing blue silver on Nov 19, 2012, 03:10 AM
First off, I find KNY is miles ahead of DE in every aspect. More interesting songs and more progressive songwriting, also I find it flows flawlessly. I don't find a single section of the album sounding fragmented or out of place. ST is the only other Deftones album I get that feeling from. Sure this album may be a bit more "safe" or "comfortable" for where they are in their career. It's a logical follow up to DE and doesn't take as many stylistic changes from the last album like the band has been known to do, but I feel they really perfected that style they'd moved towards since SNW and added a lot of atmospheric aspects and musicianship that lacked on DE.
So far I am in love with KNY unlike I have been with a Deftones album in quite some time. I find it hard to rank the albums at this point with the sheer volume of material the band have amassed but I see it in 3 stages. Adrenaline and Around the fur were the young, agressive Deftones full of piss and vinegar and making very raw and honest music.
Then comes the WP, ST and SNW stage of the career. The band made a departure from their sound and threw their fans a curveball by separating themselves from their peers and making music that could be taken far more seriously and sounded more mature. They took risks and those risks paid off big time. My two personal favourite and most listened to Deftones albums come from this period (ST and SNW). The emotions were still genuine but presented in more effective and interesting ways that had only been touched on with their first two albums. To me this is when Deftones were most interesting, most exciting and most effective.
Then came the tragic accident of Chi Cheng and this changed the world of Deftones forever. I don't think some fans will ever come to terms with this change. Maybe hearing Eros would shed more light on the stylistic change this time around but somehow I doubt it. The absence of Chi and the addition of Sergio Vega changed the bands sound forever. Also the addition of Nick Raskulinecz and 8 string guitars changed how the band sounds on record. For me Diamond Eyes was the Deftones "pop" record. It's very straight forward and to the point songs with a less agressive edge and a broader appeal. Also it comes across as an immensely optimistic record that really showed in the bands mindset at the time. For me it doesn't resonate a couple years later the way the early albums do but it brought the band back into the public eye the most they had been since WP.  It was a critical and commercial success and it instilled a new confidence in the band. Personally I feel the ambition on this record wasn't quite realized but it works as an album. To me it works as a bridge between SNW and KNY.
With KNY the band took that work ethic, sound and optimism of DE and really fully realized the potential of the new sound with the new lineup. Unfortunately Swerve City is the weakest album opener for me yet besides Diamond Eyes but the album really takes off and doesn't fail to impress. Romantic Dreams has a very haunting feeling during the verses and I enjoy the chorus even though it may be the weakest moment of an otherwise great song. I enjoy it but I feel the flow of the song completely shifts during the chorus. Some love it and some hate it. For me it keeps things interesting but I can see how some may find it self indulgent on Chino's part. Leathers and Poltergeist flow well into one another and are a shot of adrenaline that echos through the rest of the album on tracks like Gauze and Goon Squad.
Entombed has grown on me immensely. It may be one of my favourite tracks on the album and I find it connects to me on an emotional level. Also Graphic Nature seems to get a bit of a bad rap. It's groovy and has a very interesting and effective vocal delivery. It's bouncy, fun and a bit haunting all at the same time.
Then comes Tempest, which I consider the second weakest song on the album, but still a very good tune. Though Deftones writing "concept" songs is something I'm not terribly into. It doesn't come off as genuine as other parts of the album and that raw genuine emotion of older albums has been dampened. Songs about the apocalypse and time travel are maybe something I could go without the Deftones trying, though the latter pays off much more with Rosemary. This song is expansive, emotional, and beautiful. It's one of my favourite moments on the album and is placed perfectly between two heavy hitters.
The closing track is an interesting experiment in sound for the band and I love the way it opens up in the chorus. This seems to be a trend with the album but is perhaps most well suited here. It doesn't feel like the song taking a left turn when this moment happens but perhaps one could argue that the lack of such changes in the feeling of the song make it a bit boring to some. This isn't the case for me but I could understand that opinion. It isn't one of the best Deftones closing tracks for an album by any stretch but it's a song I enjoy.
Once again this record echos a positivity that reaches some but may fall a bit short for fans of the agressive or dark and dreary Deftones of the past. There are a few moments on the album that call back to that era in a way but it's not the focus by any means. It won't top the connections I have to albums like ST, SNW and ATF but it's a grower and it's currently having an interesting effect on me. I like it and right now I'm just enjoying the ride of being a Deftones fan. With a band that goes through so many stylistic changes, sometimes even the most die hard fan may not personally care for the choices the band makes. Over my lengthy tenure as a Deftones fan, I've been fortunate enough to enjoy the majority of those changes and this is one I can get behind. Only time will tell how this album sticks out in their catalogue and perhaps I'll fall out of love with it someday as I have before but it won't be any time soon.

holy wall of text batman. could you break it into paragraphs? I'd really like to read it but it hurts my eyes the way it is now.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: only pieces remain on Nov 19, 2012, 03:24 AM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Nov 19, 2012, 03:10 AM

holy wall of text batman. could you break it into paragraphs? I'd really like to read it but it hurts my eyes the way it is now.

Should read it, it's actually a good review!
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

xToxin

How is this miles better than Diamond Eyes? Diamond eyes has more emotion than KNY. And at the end of the day, that's what music is all about. Fuck deftones going through the motions shit.

jciraheta

i really love the album, its hard to rank it because evey deftonesa album is good , but for me goes like this

1. Around the fur
2. Adrenaline
3. KYN tied with St and tied with WP
4. SNW
5. DE

Gee

Quote from: Inkblades on Nov 17, 2012, 08:49 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 17, 2012, 06:20 PM
KNY is just a bunch of random tracks in my opinion.

Good one.

I'm finding myself liking SNW better since KNY came out...and DE a bit less -but this one was over-played.

Weird.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

sing blue silver

Quote from: xToxin on Dec 01, 2012, 12:17 PM
How is this miles better than Diamond Eyes? Diamond eyes has more emotion than KNY. And at the end of the day, that's what music is all about. Fuck deftones going through the motions shit.

I disagree. Diamond Eyes feels much more sterile to me. It's purely fun. KNY seems to come from a deeper place and it means a lot more. People interpret things differently I suppose. KNY has much more emotion as far as I'm concerned.

Slacker

Quote from: sing blue silver on Dec 12, 2012, 12:58 AM
Quote from: xToxin on Dec 01, 2012, 12:17 PM

I disagree. Diamond Eyes feels much more sterile to me. It's purely fun. KNY seems to come from a deeper place and it means a lot more. People interpret things differently I suppose. KNY has much more emotion as far as I'm concerned.

i would most definitely disagree with the
QuoteKNY seems to come from a deeper place and it means a lot more

Shadow46/2

I felt that KNY was MUCH more sincere than diamond eyes. But it's all about how each individual interprets the songs. The subject matter in KNY is much more relevant to my life currently than DE ever was, and I just FELT the album a hell of a lot more. Deftones always seem to releasean album that coincides with whatever is going on in my life. It's why I've stayed drawn to them for so long. DE was the only exception; I felt no connection to it really. Just enjoyed it for what it was: a batch of catchy bangers.

Different strokes, folks.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Bifrost

i think swerve city is getting a bad rap... I think the song has great energy, more life in it than a typical deftones song (most are dark and brooding, not that I dont like that but this from them is refreshing) I think this is the perfect song to open the album, gets you engaged right away...

to me tempest is the weakest track... it builds but never really delivers for me, the song isnt bad just not one of my favorites, I dont seek that track out like I might for others

Graphic Nature > Gauze IMO

I like GN a lot, one of my fav tracks on the Album, classic tones, great chorus "Tell me how you do it? every time you take my knees out~ I'm surprised"

sing blue silver

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Dec 12, 2012, 05:49 PM
I felt that KNY was MUCH more sincere than diamond eyes. But it's all about how each individual interprets the songs. The subject matter in KNY is much more relevant to my life currently than DE ever was, and I just FELT the album a hell of a lot more. Deftones always seem to releasean album that coincides with whatever is going on in my life. It's why I've stayed drawn to them for so long. DE was the only exception; I felt no connection to it really. Just enjoyed it for what it was: a batch of catchy bangers.

Different strokes, folks.

THIS. Thank you for saying exactly what I was about to sir.