Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan album reviews

Started by KoiNoYokan, Nov 11, 2012, 04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: jez rox kaluha on Nov 17, 2012, 08:13 AM

if there's one thing KNY accomplished it made me appreciate White Pony even more.  HUUUUUUGE disappointment.  For all the talk that this band wants to push the envelope & be more daring & experimental, they seemed to have forgotten that it needs to happen naturally.  Trying to be different is beneath a band that made its name by being different by simply existing

Even though I don't agree with the idea you're trying to expose, I just freaking love that last sentence.

Groombridge

Am I right in thinking that neither Pitchfork nor The AV Club has reviewed KNY yet? It came out last year, but both sites seem to be sleeping on it, and they both cover artists much more niche than Deftones.

The AV Club reviewed DE favourably, although Pitchfork has been ignoring them since s/t (which they gave one of their terrible concept reviews).

DeftonesNZ

I don't remember seeing one from them and I don't care lol, Deftones is probably to mainstream for those hipsters, I don't give any weight to what they say after seeing some of their reviews, Anthony Fantano did an good one though, I know he's seen as a hipster but I like his style  he's very fair he gives credit where it's due and doesn't rip into an album for it flaws it's like a friend telling you what they think not some uppity music journalist trying show off their extensive vocabulary lol

Gee

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Mar 19, 2013, 10:12 AM
Anthony Fantano did an good one though, I know he's seen as a hipster but I like his style  he's very fair he gives credit where it's due

Agreed.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

IN WAVES

Does anyone know how many albums KNY has sold so far?

nineteen

Still love this album. One of my favourites now.

FlyingPiranha

I loved it at first, but that feeling wore off pretty quickly for me. It did make me go back through the rest of the albums again, though, so I'm sure by the time I get back to it I'll like it again.
Electric Factory 5.10.2011 // Sherman Theater 3.12.2013 // Sands Bethlehem 8.02.2016 // Festival Pier 6.17.2017

SwerveCityUSA

I don't live in the world of opinions. I live in a world of fact, as a matter of fact. The fact is Koi No Yokan and Diamond Eyes are Deftones best albums in every way. the opinion is it's not your favorite, or that it's not good.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

Penicks

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 09, 2013, 05:20 PM
I don't live in the world of opinions. I live in a world of fact, as a matter of fact. The fact is Koi No Yokan and Diamond Eyes are Deftones best albums in every way. the opinion is it's not your favorite, or that it's not good.

this guy

theis

Diamond Eyes and KNY have become my least favorite Deftones albums.

They're not bad, but there's zero emotion compared to the other albums.

Piss off.

A Perfect Circle

Man i know why you feel me...you are awesome,keep it real.

DeftonesNZ

How self centred do you have to be to confuse own opinion for fact?

SwerveCityUSA

Zero emotion? I'd say it has overwhelming emotion. Everyone in the band is at they're A game, especially Chino and Stephen, did you guys hear Stephen's riffs and tone on this record and diamond eyes? He's finally beat James Hetfield for best Metal Rhythm guitarist ever. *EET FUK*

I mean damn I could talk all day long about why these last 2 deftones records are the best, I mean I really don't know what you're looking for in music if you disagree. Like I said that doesn't mean it has to be your favorite and all that, I'm saying how well put together it is in every aspect. I can't even listen to other tones records now.

cvthedrv

SwerveCityUSA

only pieces remain

meat never laughs, he only cries.

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: only pieces remain on May 10, 2013, 06:02 PM
meat never laughs, he only cries.

lol ya I was just joking, watching Bull Durham.

lostcancer

KNY doesn't leave a lasting impression, only solid song on there is Rosemary the rest are ok at best. It sucks because i wanted to love this album

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: lostcancer on May 13, 2013, 04:10 AM
KNY doesn't leave a lasting impression, only solid song on there is Rosemary the rest are ok at best. It sucks because i wanted to love this album

Thankfully you don't work for rolling stone or the rest of em you depressed motherfucker.

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 13, 2013, 04:15 AM
Quote from: lostcancer on May 13, 2013, 04:10 AM

Thankfully you don't work for rolling stone or the rest of em you depressed motherfucker.

SwervecityUSA is a pink faggot
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.