Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan Mastering

Started by whiskeyandwine, Nov 17, 2012, 06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blandbrand

Hm, I've already heard of that immense dynamic loss on cd masterings, compared to their vinyl counterparts, for the sake of a higher endvolume.

Now I'm gonna check these hd tracks out for sure.

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: gui on Nov 18, 2012, 07:12 PM
on waffles

I don't understand all the talk about waffles?? Waffles.fm has been bringing me to a bs recipe wiki site every time lol. What?

EDIT: Nvm lol weird...http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090827110533AAdEecU

Visitant

PM please?  Sounds rad.
"I really can't help it.  It's either this or prison."

Gaz

I really want these HD tracks, can someone PM me a link please?

scatterbrain

There on what and waffles right now.they should find there way to piratebay soon enough.
im me and thats all ill ever be

aeroplume

CDs have been sounding like crap since the mid 90s. This is nothing new. Hd tracks are cool but its 2012. Should've known the cd was gonna sound bad. They all do. So, do what I do. Buy the vinyl and use the Dow load card. If it doesn't come with one, but the cd, rip it to your iTunes, iPhone 79, Galaxy s 2554, whatever, and be done with it. That way you get the best of both worlds and you're getting awesome quality master tracks with the vinyl.

aeroplume

It's not a matter of if it can sound good on cd. It can. Fact is its not going to. Buy a 5 pack of blank DVDs at Walgreens for 3 dollars, burn it I iTunes, and play it on your computer. Or install a DVD player in your car and play it in your car. Whatever works

deftoner664

Man, Stephen's guitar on Poltergeist has way more low end cut, it really sounds crisp.. Wtf, it's like the bass, guitar are alot more muddied together on the CD compared to these .. This is just Flac format on the HD site, correct?
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

ominousnimbus

Quote from: aeroplume on Nov 18, 2012, 09:38 PM
CDs have been sounding like crap since the mid 90s. This is nothing new. Hd tracks are cool but its 2012. Should've known the cd was gonna sound bad. They all do. So, do what I do. Buy the vinyl and use the Dow load card. If it doesn't come with one, but the cd, rip it to your iTunes, iPhone 79, Galaxy s 2554, whatever, and be done with it. That way you get the best of both worlds and you're getting awesome quality master tracks with the vinyl.
Except that vinyl is inherently noisy and inferior because of the physical limitations of analog playback. There's absolutely no reason that vinyl should sound better, other than mastering engineers intentionally crippling the copies that are pressed to CD for clueless, iPod earbud-listening consumers.

I'm a member of What.CD, and I've grabbed several high-resolution (24/96) vinyl rips over the years. In some cases, they were ripped by a dude that's supposed to have the best equipment in the land, and dozens of downloaders compulsively raved that "OMG it beatz the CD hands down!!!!1" But to me, they always disappointed. Hissing, clicks and pops are simply inevitable, and cannot be fully removed. The "dynamic range limitations" of redbook CD are, for all intents and purposes, unnoticeable to the human ear on listening equipment that mortals can afford. A well-produced and well-mastered record can sound absolutely stellar on CD, with no need for improvement.

Note that I'm not necessarily arguing with you, as you clearly recognize the problem with many CDs is the master, not the format itself. Still, barring the somewhat-unusual digital release of this alternate master we got with KNY, the "alternative" of ripping vinyl comes with its own set of formidable drawbacks that sometimes are enough to offset the better-sounding master.

ominousnimbus

Alxn

Wow! Found that on a russian forum (I love russian's piracy) lol. http://rutracker.org/forum/index.php Is it legal to post another forum link here? Well, good luck, you have to register and then search for it!

Preety cool btw!!! Great quality!!!

cvthedrv

Quote from: Alxn on Nov 19, 2012, 12:38 AM
Wow! Found that on a russian forum (I love russian's piracy) lol. http://rutracker.org/forum/index.php Is it legal to post another forum link here? Well, good luck, you have to register and then search for it!

i dont understand fucking shit

iceache

If someone could convert it to mp3 and upload to Dropbox that'd be nice of you.

Alxn

Quote from: cvthedrv on Nov 19, 2012, 12:47 AM
Quote from: Alxn on Nov 19, 2012, 12:38 AM

i dont understand fucking shit
me neither man!!! but on google chrome you have an option to translate pages to your language!!! It's not perfect but you can recognize the main buttons like REGISTER, LOG IN and DOWNLOAD you know? just try it!!! it's better than pay $20 to hear it!

sing blue silver

The drums are too low in the mix. It drives me insane on Graphic Nature because the beat in the song is fucking awesome.

DeftonesNZ

So much better it's good to hear Deftones the way they should sound i can finally tell my subs on

lungdamage

so with this HD downloads site...  how does it get hi def versions? and does the money go to the label etc?

GrandeJano

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 19, 2012, 02:24 AM
So much better it's good to hear Deftones the way they should sound i can finally tell my subs on

yeah. I finally got the hdtracks-version and I think its a huge difference, way better, much more brilliant, more dynamics in it, you can clearly hear what every instrument is actually doing and for everyone being into drumsounds or just being a abe-fanboy (like me): you need to hear this. Compared to the Itunes-Digital Version (my preorder- package with the cd hasnt arrived til today...) the drums almost sound as if its a different set.

shoop

how are you supposed to burn this to listen on a cd player? 2 cd-r's or a dvd-r or what?

aeroplume

You have to convert it down to a lesser quality but in all reality it's going to sound better than the cd/digital version because of the source. I mean people go on about the quality and such but it's like c'mon man. You got God ears? You can hear what nobody else can? Give me a break.