Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan Mastering

Started by whiskeyandwine, Nov 17, 2012, 04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeroplume

I only buy vinyl. First thing I ever bought off iTunes was the new album and I was pissed about that because its deftones and i couldnt wait to hear the record. Should have bought the cd, taken my laptop to the musi store and ripped it there. That way I could have gotten trade in. But what's done is done. I'll do it next time. When it's out on vinyl I'll have it.

DeftonesNZ

You won't notice much difference unless you are using decent speakers all the components just sound clearer it's not just a flat wall of sound there's more peak and valleys in this version

aeroplume

Sorry for the triple post, but like there's an audible difference between 320 mp3s and flac anyway. We're not talking about a rare pink Floyd show that needs to be kept in flac because it was a rare roger waters performance that was played in his bathroom the size of my apartment. Flac is great for said recordings but this isn't the case here. Takes up too much space on computers for something the vast majority of people can't tell the difference between. Roll Tide.

aeroplume

Not dogging the hd tracks. I bet try sound great. I'm holding out for the vinyl. The iTunes release will hold me over for now.

DeftonesNZ

You know you can just modify your previous posts you don't need to post again lol

aeroplume

Lol posting from my phone and I haven't posted in a while. Plus I'm having some gentlemen jack. Anyone listen to the other albums on vinyl? Much better than the cd counterparts.

samson simpson

Quote from: Alxn on Nov 18, 2012, 10:38 PM
Wow! Found that on a russian forum (I love russian's piracy) lol. http://rutracker.org/forum/index.php Is it legal to post another forum link here? Well, good luck, you have to register and then search for it!

Preety cool btw!!! Great quality!!!

THANK YOU

not too much......... but just enough

sounds better in headphones ..cant wait to hear it in the chariot

thank you

GrandeJano

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 19, 2012, 06:09 AM
You won't notice much difference unless you are using decent speakers...

I have to disagree here. I heard a major difference on headphones, but even on my 60euro "creative"-pc-gaming speakers its a huge difference. Im sure that it willl be way better on a decent stereo but even on cheap equipment you can hear the difference clearly.

Alxn

ok i'm sorry for my ignorance here, but... does all this FLAC files have a better quality than mp3s??? I mean, ALL flacs are better than mp3 (even if it is 320kbps) ??

I have downloaded a flac player app for my iPod, and this shit sounds great! I was so insecure about downloading flacs and right now I only want to download flac shits!! hahha

mrpelon94

Quote from: cheachea on Nov 18, 2012, 08:33 AM
Meh, I think the cd version sounds fine.

*I hated the Remastered version of The Cure's- Disintegration cd. The 1989 original cd version is way better.

* I actually like the Remastered version of Glass Jaw's- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence on itunes. It sounds better than the original, but doesn't take away the atmosphere or feeling of the original .
Glassjaw didn't approve of the remaster.

M1GHTY M4VS

Quote from: Alxn on Nov 19, 2012, 08:24 PM
ok i'm sorry for my ignorance here, but... does all this FLAC files have a better quality than mp3s??? I mean, ALL flacs are better than mp3 (even if it is 320kbps) ??

I have downloaded a flac player app for my iPod, and this shit sounds great! I was so insecure about downloading flacs and right now I only want to download flac shits!! hahha

2794 kbps on the KNY Master compared to the lossy 320kbps is your indicator that you have masterpiece quality.

whiskeyandwine

I'll say it again, but I want a studio master of Diamond Eyes... I think this suffers a bit of the same problem.  The last record mastered perfectly in my opinion was the S/T.  Every instrument sounds perfect in the mix.

Slacker

Quote from: whiskeyandwine on Nov 19, 2012, 09:57 PM
I'll say it again, but I want a studio master of Diamond Eyes... I think this suffers a bit of the same problem.  The last record mastered perfectly in my opinion was the S/T.  Every instrument sounds perfect in the mix.

thats due too:

terry v/s nick

beaverwithfishyshoes

are the real lyrics in the booklet?

Inertiatic-Wrist

beaverwithfishyshoes

found this through filestube more than a week ago

Jesus2Chino

Much respect,
-Matt