Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Good morning, beautiful!

Started by beautyschool_elite, Nov 17, 2012, 08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beautyschool_elite

Due to my eagerness (no, no passion lol), I dove right into some of the discussions before posting my noob-ness on here. So here goes!

Hey, I'm Tonia. I'm from Toronto, Canada. I have been a deftones addict for 10+ years and my addiction has yet to subside for good reason. What got me hooked on the band? Well it started one late night, I was listening to the radio, it was about 3 am and "Digital Bath" played. Maybe it was my half-asleep state of mind mixed with Chino's melodic vocals that made those 2+minutes the most surreal and cathartic I had ever experienced. Eyes shut, headphones on high volume, heart racing as Chino upped his vocal anty, powerful and drawn out, as it made its way from my headphones into my ears and coursed its way through my veins right into my soul. As sexual as that sounds, it was definitely aligned with that of pure unadulterated pleasure. But I'm sure most of you, guys included, know that Deftones, in their entirety as a band, can make any audiophile swoon whilst taking their knees out every time.

Hope that sums it up.
Anything else you'd like to know, just ask!

;)

.hopelessly.devoted.

rxjustine

Welcome! I'm a Toronto native so I thought I'd show some love. And I guess I'm sort of new here too... I'm going to guess that the radio station you first heard Deftones on was 102.1 The Edge, haha. On a good night they'll play Deftones during the 2AM request hour.

beautyschool_elite

Quote from: rxjustine on Nov 17, 2012, 09:09 PM
Welcome! I'm a Toronto native so I thought I'd show some love. And I guess I'm sort of new here too... I'm going to guess that the radio station you first heard Deftones on was 102.1 The Edge, haha. On a good night they'll play Deftones during the 2AM request hour.

Haha that was when The Edge used to play good music. It was when they were live to air from Velvet Underground.

It's nice to know there's a fellow Torontonian on the forum,  thanks for the welcome! it's quite sad how very few people I've met in T.O. know and/or love the 'tones.
.hopelessly.devoted.

rxjustine

Quote from: beautyschool_elite on Nov 17, 2012, 09:26 PM

it's quite sad how very few people I've met in T.O. know and/or love the 'tones.

Tell me about it.

Agreed. The Edge has gone to shit in recent years. Although I still listen on the off-chance I'll hear something good. Not too long ago I came home, turned on my radio, and they were playing Passenger.

beautyschool_elite

Really? I don't think I've ever heard Passenger on the radio (though that song is gold, ESP. with Maynard added to the mix).

Did you go to Heavy T.O. in August?
.hopelessly.devoted.

rxjustine

Yes, of course. It was quite the enjoyable mudfest.

beautyschool_elite

That mud was effin' ridiculous lol
If it wasn't for Chino, I wouldn't have tredded through that crap haha.
.hopelessly.devoted.

Gee

Nice sharing of your first Deftones experience ! And with Digital Bath...a day to remember for sure.

Welcome !
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

Northcal