Previous topic - Next topic

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

DJR

Radio 1 said today...but cant find anything else stating it :/

defsteve

DEFTONES!  ;D

WHO'S PLAYING? FIRST BANDS ANNOUNCED!
Leeds Festival returns on August Bank Holiday 2013 and we can now reveal the first band names to be announced!

With loads of changes happening at the festival this year, from new stages to more acts than ever before, the first band names get us ready for what is going to be a HUGE festival season ahead. And there's lots more to come...watch out for more exciting announcements coming soon!

Our first Main Stage announcement for 2013 is Deftones! This iconic rock band will be celebrating their 25th birthday on the Leeds Main Stage. The band are legendary figures in west-coast rock 'n' roll and have sold over four million records worldwide. Today, they are cited as an inspiration by everyone from Muse to Biffy Clyro. The way their sound has evolved from 90s metal to expansive noise rock has put them in a league of their own, but expect to hear plenty from their 7 album career including material from their critically acclaimed new record 'Koi No Yokan'.

Alt-J will take to the top of the bill in the NME/Radio 1 Stage. 2012 has seen Alt-J go from virtual unknowns to the hottest new band in Britain. The boys have become a global phenomenon, playing sold-out shows in the US, and charting in Belgium, France and the Netherlands. Alt-J's astonishing year was topped off when their debut album 'An Awesome Wave' won the coveted 2012 Mercury Prize and reached gold status. Now they're back on home soil for two of the biggest gigs of their lives as they headline the NME/Radio 1 Stage at Leeds.

Drum 'n' bass returns to Leeds! More than a decade after Roni Size headlined the first ever dance stage, Sub Focus is bringing the beat back, playing one of the first headline sets on the brand new three day BBC Radio 1 Dance Stage, and what a show it will be! His ground breaking live show is a true spectacle, incorporating some of the most developed technology used today, including epic visuals displayed on a bespoke circular LED video installation and hypnotic lighting sequences. Sub Focus started out in the club scene, playing alongside drum 'n' bass legends like Andy C, but in recent years he's truly crossed over with his biggest hits to date, the stunning synth soundscape 'Out The Blue' and most recently the epic 'Tidal Wave' featuring vocals from Alpines. His eagerly anticipated sophomore album will be released Spring 2013. This headline performance will be one not to be missed!

Put simply, without Wiley, JME and Skepta, grime would not exist. For 15 years they have set the UK alight with their red hot tracks and genius flows - whether together as Boy Better Know or as solo MC's. Now, the three founding fathers of grime christen the new BBC Radio 1Xtra Stage with their first ever headline festival set. 2012 has been a stellar year for the trio with Wiley scoring two UK Top Five singles, including his first Number One with the summer smash 'Heatwave', the more recent Number Three 'Can You Hear Me (Ayayaya)' which featured Skepta and JME releasing the club smash '96 F**kries'. Boy Better Know's performance will give festival goers a taste of their infamously raucous Eskimo Dance raves and is guaranteed to be a highlight on this all new stage.

Check back for more announcements coming soon...

closertothelung

Festival sucks. I'll wait for a headline show.

defsteve

Quote from: closertothelung on Nov 29, 2012, 05:32 PM
Festival sucks. I'll wait for a headline show.

Friday 15 February - Glasgow Barrowlands, UK
Saturday 16 February - Nottingham Rock City, UK
Monday 18 February - Manchester Academy, UK
Tuesday 19 February - 02 Birmingham Academy, UK
Wednesday 20 February - 02 Brixton Academy, UK

closertothelung

Oh, I'm well aware of that. I just expect that they'll do a show, probably London, as they did with last year's festival--or rather, I hope they will.

pissedandpierced

Yeah they will probably do warm up show like they normally do, fucking better anyway.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

DJR

Ive got Manc tickets that will obviously produce a much better setlist and time than festivals produce....Ive seen them 3 times at this festival now, but ill still just go for them anyways

black coffee

That makes me optimistic they're probably gonna play the Highfield and Area4 festivals the weekend before that

DJR

Quote from: black coffee on Nov 30, 2012, 01:25 PM
That makes me optimistic they're probably gonna play the Highfield and Area4 festivals the weekend before that

Have they ever done Rock am ring? ive never seen them on the list before? or maybe its me being ignorant?

black coffee

They definitely played there in 2003.. not sure about recent years

Since they confirmed to play Leeds/Reading in late August, its unlikely they'll be in Europe two months prior to that for RAR... thats why I believe Highfield and Area4 have the best chances.

dawg

Cod

They last played Rock Am Ring in 2006

defsteve

DJR

defsteve

godin

Pretty damn good line up. (for my tastes)

Foals would be my main attraction besides Deftones. Followed by Tame Impala, NIN, and Alt-J
Dingus.

individual6827

I reckon they'll get a nice crowd here being on before System and as all of the indie types will be at Bastille.

DJR

They will at reading at least, people at Leeds dont give a shit every time ive watched them there

stu_101

Anyone know if a secret London warmup show is on the cards???