Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NEW Album Thread

Started by deftoolsys07, Nov 25, 2012, 11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftoolsys07

So now that KNY is yesterday's news, let's go ahead and start focusing on their next album. Any thoughts? Wishes? The other week Stef said that we "have yet to see shit blow up" and that we "haven't seen anything yet". And I forget if he was talking about his Meshuggah style of playing, or feuds with him and Chino. It was one or the other haha...

We should expect them back in the rehearsal spot to write new music by Christmas of this year. edit: I should say that this last sentence is bullshit before some people get confused..
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Slacker

cvthedrv

sing blue silver

jciraheta

more songs like rosemary and i am happy :p

Playhouse

I really hope its like Self titled and white pony, cause that when c note and the gang are best. yeah sounds tight

from_musings

less lyrics about watching and raising babies

deftones47

Perhaps mix it up.

Some songs that sound pre-SNW, some that don't.

deftoolsys07

I think the next album will be very interesting... If you pretend Deftones are a new band since Diamond Eyes came out, (new sound, new bassist, new producer, etc) then this will be the third album from the "new" Deftones, which would be like White Pony, which was a pretty drastic change from the first two albums... So hopefully something like this is in store, but even better...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Playhouse

Quote from: from_musings on Nov 26, 2012, 01:03 AM
nah dude.  more lyrics about watching and raising babies

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Nov 26, 2012, 01:25 AM
I think the next album will be very interesting... If you pretend Deftones are a new band since Diamond Eyes came out, (new sound, new bassist, new producer, etc) then this will be the third album from the "new" Deftones, which would be like White Pony, which was a pretty drastic change from the first two albums... So hopefully something like this is in store, but even better...
I would love another White pony but you can't just disregard the older albums as the majority of band hasn't changed ,I could see them possibly doing an all electronic album or something just to try something new though

cvthedrv

Quote from: Playhouse on Nov 26, 2012, 01:26 AM
Quote from: from_musings on Nov 26, 2012, 01:03 AM
nah dude.  more lyrics about watching and raising babies

fuck that shit, more songs about rape babies

deftones47

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 26, 2012, 01:31 AM
Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Nov 26, 2012, 01:25 AM
I would love another White pony but you can't just disregard the older albums as the majority of band hasn't changed ,I could see them possibly doing an all electronic album or something just to try something new though

I could see that too. Deftones going Radiohead (and Linkin Park) on us. I wouldn't hate an electronic Deftones album. It might not be my favorite, but I'd be cool with it.

DeftonesNZ

They also talked about doing a hip-hop album as well so that could be an option i would also like see another b-sides and rarities cd

pinkmaggit69

I'm gonna call it: Their next album will be a Best Of Collection......and we will all bitch on here for months about why certain songs did or didn't make the cut.

Drinks won't stain this birth!

bewareofrats

Has the new album leaked yet?
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

tarkil

PM please guise !!!!!!!

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know