Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NEW Album Thread

Started by deftoolsys07, Nov 25, 2012, 11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

KNY has produced some of their most memorable songs since 2003 .

"Goon Squad" ,"Rosemary" and "What Happened To You?" are up there with some of the best in their entire catalog.

IMO ;)

I hope they do a follow up album to KNY but something tells me they wont  :-\

Jerry_Curls

I want to hear an original acoustic track. Not one that is a re-recorded version of a song, but an all-out acoustic jam. Lets see if they have it in them! yeah! Folk DEFTONES
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Gee

Quote from: Hank on Mar 08, 2013, 04:38 AM
KNY has produced some of their most memorable songs since 2003 .

"Goon Squad" ,"Rosemary" and "What Happened To You?" are up there with some of the best in their entire catalog.

IMO ;)

I hope they do a follow up album to KNY but something tells me they wont  :-\

Agreed. Especially with the tracks you mentionned. To me, the Tempest-What Happened To You sequence is among their best -along with When Girls Telephone Boys-Anniversary and Combat-Rivière (Knife Party-Pink Maggit is and will remain untouchable).

And I'm pretty sure there will be at least one more record, don't worry.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

pony_01

for me it seems that KNY is a follow up album to DE. i believe their next album will sounds more different

deftoner664

@ Jerry curls : original acoustic track would be dope...  I could imagine chino playing acoustic but not Stephen anytime soon in the future.

If I had to say.. They probably wont be working on any new ideas until the KNY tour is over.. Because i'm pretty sure they dont write while on the road, but I hope the album will be very heavy.. Especially if Steph is talking about getting a freakin' 9 string guitar.. Like I said before I just think he should drop his tuning on his 8 even further and not worry about a 9 string...
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

Jerry_Curls

I'm not even sure the KNY tour has started. They only play 3 songs from the album lolz

but yeah I would think Chino would be the one to play acoustic.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

TheShade1989

Quote from: deftoner664 on Mar 10, 2013, 07:57 PM
@ Jerry curls : original acoustic track would be dope...  I could imagine chino playing acoustic but not Stephen anytime soon in the future.

If I had to say.. They probably wont be working on any new ideas until the KNY tour is over.. Because i'm pretty sure they dont write while on the road, but I hope the album will be very heavy.. Especially if Steph is talking about getting a freakin' 9 string guitar.. Like I said before I just think he should drop his tuning on his 8 even further and not worry about a 9 string...

I'm pretty sure they made a lotta progress with KNY while on the DE tour, throwing ideas around and practicing and whatever, so could happen.

DeftonesNZ

This whole thing about Chino preferring the soft electronic stuff now interests me I think his side projects are just like that because he already has an outlet for the heavier guitar driven stuff with Deftones so I'm not gonna asssume the next album will be like his side projects, Also I can't see them doing an acoustic song it's too dumbed down for them I mean they're amazing acoustically but writing it would be boring for them they love all their flash equipment and effects and they love experimenting with it, plus Frank would be out of it in those Hawaii videos he just hits two coconut shells together lol

deftoner664

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Mar 11, 2013, 09:50 PM
plus Frank would be out of it in those Hawaii videos he just hits two coconut shells together lol

lolz!!!
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

deftoolsys07

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Mar 11, 2013, 09:50 PM
Also I can't see them doing an acoustic song it's too dumbed down for them I mean they're amazing acoustically but writing it would be boring for them they love all their flash equipment and effects and they love experimenting with it, plus Frank would be out of it in those Hawaii videos he just hits two coconut shells together lol

I don't know if they would ever do an acoustic kind of song or not, but I would imagine if they did, it probably wouldn't be too boring... I think it would be different if they started from the ground up with an acoustic song instead of practically covering one of their own songs like on the Hawaii dvd, you know what I mean? And also, it could even be a song along the lines of Digital Bath or RX Queen or something, not too quiet of a song, but just played on an acoustic, which would probably be Chino and then Stef on the electric... Who knows!?
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

DeftonesNZ

DeftonesNZ

Yeah they would nail it but I think it would be to boring for them to be interested, I know how much they love expermenting and playing round with new effects and equipment , especially Stephen I'm pretty sure he's in love with his Axe FX rig lol can't blame him those things are amazing, Also who else has a deep hatred for the people that made that Hawaii dvd? those acoustic versions were magical and then they go and switch to the live show where Chino's voice is all fucked up from being sick, Knife Party and Boys Republic were great I would bad things to get the raw acoustic footage of the other songs lol

DJR

Im still wanting a christmas album with them sat by the fire singing

Slade - Merry Christmas Everybody 1974

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: pony_01 on Mar 10, 2013, 04:14 PM
for me it seems that KNY is a follow up album to DE.

Yes precisely, those 2 albums go hand in hand.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat