Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NEW Album Thread

Started by deftoolsys07, Nov 25, 2012, 11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slacker

we should get EROS before the decade ends though...

ghettovaquero

i still havent bought KNY

BillyNo.9

epistaxis

I thought there already was a thread like this one?
http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,19915.0.html

Anyway, still think they need:

deftones47

Inkblades

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if Deftones took a break. I know some will disagree, but I'm more interested in hearing Chino's various side projects and Sol Invicto than another Deftones album.

from_musings

Quote from: Inkblades on Nov 26, 2012, 09:21 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if Deftones took a break

for how long?

deftones47

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if Deftones took a break. I know some will disagree, but I'm more interested in hearing Chino's various side projects and Sol Invicto than another Deftones album.

I can somewhat agree with that. I would especially like to hear some more Crosses and Team Sleep music.

Quote from: from_musings on Nov 26, 2012, 09:23 PM
for how long?

That's a good question.

Inkblades

Quote from: from_musings on Nov 26, 2012, 09:23 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if Deftones took a break

for how long?

Not sure exactly. I want Chino to release Palms, the rest of the Crosses songs and then go do another album with Team Sleep. So, three to four year hiatus?

deftones47

only pieces remain

fuck the break shit. a 4 year break seems reasonable? LOLZ. they are riding high and have been for the last three years, why stop now.

I think they should take more than 3 months to write and record the next album though, take their time with the next one.

only pieces remain

chino needs to work on his lyrics

Inkblades

Quote from: only pieces remain on Nov 26, 2012, 10:39 PM
why stop now.

Because there's nowhere new for them to go musically. They have already done it all.

only pieces remain

well if thats the case then why not just break up? whats the point of going on hiatus, short or otherwise?

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Inkblades on Nov 26, 2012, 10:44 PM
Quote from: only pieces remain on Nov 26, 2012, 10:39 PM
why stop now.

Because there's nowhere new for them to go musically. They have already done it all.
That's what people usually say and then they come back with something new and surprise everyone these are very creative people they haven't done all they can do they don't have to stick with the metal sound either

deftoner664

For the next album I want Stephen to step his game up and play more melodic stuff, LESS redundant use of power chords and experiment with eccentric chord voicings, and finally write a lengthy semi- complex solo. If Stephen wants to "Dazzle" like he said with his guitar playing, I really wish he would try to practice a little more, and close out his career as a guitarist with some awesome riffs on the last couple albums. Abe is solid, he can just keep doing what he's doing. For Chino, I want more gritty ST/ WP era vocals, with more abstract, dark lyrics like Digital Bath. Pretty much what everyone and their brother here on SL is wanting again from Chino in the vocal and lyrical department. I thought Koi No Yokan was suppose to be a "Futuristic-like" album... To me I didnt think of this album sounding anything futuristic really. On the next one, I just want them to actually accomplish something like that and experiment more with different sounds, time signatures. This is all hopeful for the next coming years ahead, however if they rush the next album like they did KNY, I don't see another album in the ranks of "White Pony" happening anytime soon or if at all.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

DJR

Quote from: sing blue silver on Nov 26, 2012, 12:40 AM
2 more hours.

2 MORE HOURSSSS!!!!

Whens the leak coming out dammit! Anybody any news on the leak?

alan1o

can i get a link to the new album ?

alan1o

On a serious note, i'd like to see them change producer on the next album. Whether it be Terry or not.

Caín

I heard KNY is the last one from someone in the touring/promotion biz. Might be full of shit, though.