Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NEW Album Thread

Started by deftoolsys07, Nov 26, 2012, 01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visitant

Quote from: Caín on Nov 27, 2012, 11:04 PM
I heard KNY is the last one from someone in the touring/promotion biz. Might be full of shit, though.

Yup.  Full of shit.
"I really can't help it.  It's either this or prison."

nineteen

I heard KNY is the last one from someone in the touring/promotion biz. Might be full of shit, though.

If that was true, what an impressive catalogue of albums by a band.

Jacob

might be true, but I doubt the band would talk about that to a lot of people and it being information someone in the touring/promotion business knows of. if it's someone close to the band, then maybe. and if it was the last release on the album, then sure - that wouldn't be a secret. but I don't think they'd decide to quit when this tour is finished and run around and tell people about it without an official announcement.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

deftoolsys07

I think that they'll make another record as quickly as they did the last one, tour it, etc., and then take a break... Maybe will release Eros during this time, depending on the Chi situation.. I wouldn't be surprised if we get another album in late 2014 - early '15 and then 5 years off from making a new record...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

White Wrist

i´m expecting a break, after KNY promotion tour.

sing blue silver

I can't see it being their last. I'd say one more. They seem to be having fun and I know they want to make more music with Sergio. Then again, it's possible some of them are comfortable with retirement. I suspect a lengthy hiatus before announcing the end so lets just wait and see. For now though we've got new music and the band are very much alive and active so lets not focus on the end quite yet.

Slacker

after the 2013 tour cycle they are gonna be fried.

the break wouldnt be a surprise.

i say 2014-mid 2015 they get a break. we get more crosses and palms in the meantime.

mid 2015- early 2016 writting - recording - some shows

2016 new album out touring

mid 2017 break and hiatus

2018 we get EROS, as posthumous

2018-2019 band call it quits, farewell tour.

...they would have a good run.

from_musings

deftones needs to dump vega and bring back dominic garcia in the band

DAFTPUNK87

seems that the general consensus is another ST/WP style album, and I agree.. ST is my personal favorite. But I think that's where Eros will come into play. From the clips and snippets we've heard, I think Eros is going to sound a lot like ST/WP.

I can see them putting out another album by 2015, then taking a break and hopefully we'll get to see a release of Eros.
Also, about KNY being their last album? Hah! No way. They are very much alive and reinvigorated with their success of Diamond Eyes & KNY. I could see a short hiatus in the next few years, but not a complete break up of the band.
They got another album or two left in them.

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

deftoner664

Quote from: from_musings on Nov 28, 2012, 08:53 PM

Why? Vega is doing just fine. Doubt they'll do that.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

Jacob

Quote from: from_musings on Nov 28, 2012, 08:53 PM

and why is that? are you going to blame everything you don't like about DE and KNY on him? he's a fantastic bass player and he adds a lot to the sound. I doubt he has had a huge impact on the songwriting on the other hand.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Gee

Quote from: Jacob on Nov 28, 2012, 10:09 PM
I doubt he has had a huge impact on the songwriting on the other hand.

Maybe, maybe not. But I wouldn't be surprised if the sound on KNY (more rock than metal) was partly due to his growing influence.

In all cases he is a great bass player.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

Slacker

sergio is more metal than most in the band...

theis

TheShade1989

I dont see it being their last album. They have a good mentality towards making music now, they have fun with it and seem to be more productive and collaborative, they no doubt are still enjoying it, etc. I see no reason for them to call it quits. If it becomes boring to them, they'll stop, but right now they're still enjoying it, Chino is all over the place with side projects, etc. Still gt plenty of music left in them to make. Whether it's music most ppl will be happy with or not is another question, of course.

DJR

I think the new album will be out come christmas....some nice festive Jingles on there

GrandeJano

Quote from: deftoner664 on Nov 27, 2012, 10:29 PM
For the next album I want (...)  more gritty ST/ WP era vocals, with more abstract, dark lyrics like Digital Bath. Pretty much what everyone and their brother here on SL is wanting again from Chino in the vocal and lyrical department.

I dont get why people dont get that this time is over. Done, finished and passed. Apparently chino is just not like that anymore. His life seems pretty cool, hes in love, hes got kids, his band is still alive and well, why the fuck shoud he ever sing about dark and sick shit again? Dont get me wrong, i totally loved that era, but why should it come back?

DeftonesNZ

Exactly he's a happily married 40yr old father who's enjoying life so the inspiration for his lyrics is more positive and i bet if he tried to write a dark song at the moment it would sound insincere and fake

deftones47

Quote from: DJR on Nov 30, 2012, 03:57 PM
I think the new album will be out come christmas....some nice festive Jingles on there

Well I hope so!

sooniletugo

Quote from: GrandeJano on Nov 30, 2012, 09:30 PM
Quote from: deftoner664 on Nov 27, 2012, 10:29 PM
For the next album I want (...)  more gritty ST/ WP era vocals, with more abstract, dark lyrics like Digital Bath. Pretty much what everyone and their brother here on SL is wanting again from Chino in the vocal and lyrical department.

I dont get why people dont get that this time is over. Done, finished and passed. Apparently chino is just not like that anymore. His life seems pretty cool, hes in love, hes got kids, his band is still alive and well, why the fuck shoud he ever sing about dark and sick shit again? Dont get me wrong, i totally loved that era, but why should it come back?

Well said. SO many members of SL need to get this into their head. It's just retarded wanting Chino to act like how he was in his 20s. It irks me when much of this board always think they know what's best for Deftones, and still act like the band owes them something. Go listen to WP/ST if you want 'Chino from that era'.