Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NEW Album Thread

Started by deftoolsys07, Nov 25, 2012, 11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheShade1989

Quote from: GrandeJano on Nov 30, 2012, 07:30 PM
Quote from: deftoner664 on Nov 27, 2012, 08:29 PM
For the next album I want (...)  more gritty ST/ WP era vocals, with more abstract, dark lyrics like Digital Bath. Pretty much what everyone and their brother here on SL is wanting again from Chino in the vocal and lyrical department.

I dont get why people dont get that this time is over. Done, finished and passed. Apparently chino is just not like that anymore. His life seems pretty cool, hes in love, hes got kids, his band is still alive and well, why the fuck shoud he ever sing about dark and sick shit again? Dont get me wrong, i totally loved that era, but why should it come back?

This. I love that era and it'll always be my favorite because of the raw emotion, the darkness, the lyrics, the music, the vocals...all of it. Fits perfectly into my life and nothing will ever change that. So would I love more albums frm my favorite band that capture those things again (but evolve them of course)? Yes, yes I truly would. But...not at the expense of their well-being. Plus that time is over, it was almost a decade and over ago, a lot has changed in their lives since then. We can all have preferences on what we wanna hear, but I dont think anyone should hope it comes back, because...well, it wont, things arent gonna go back to that again. Better to accept that sooner rather than later, because some ppl dont like the new album simply because it's not how their music used to be. Not everyone; some ppl dont like it because they just dont like it. But the ppl who cant like their last two albums because of the changes frm previous albums that they prefer, it's just holding them back.

deftoolsys07

They could always go through some rough times again, though... And we'll get a record of Chino screaming his ass off again when he's in his 60's...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

pony_01

Isn't it too early to discuss a new album??

DeftonesNZ

The whole thread was started as a joke we know it's way to early to guess with any seriousness it's just fun to speculate and see what people think might be the next step.

deftones86

I think a two year break after this album then Crosses and Palms tours (team sleep is Dead) then they come back write an amazing album then the world ends.

DeftonesNZ

Team Sleeps not entirely dead Chino said him and Crook never stopped doing stuff together their just doing it more casual now ,I think team sleep got too big and it ruined the fun of it for them because the pressure started to come on,I'm really looking forward to Palms though and Crosses will be amazing

OnyxPanicProne

Here's the way I see it, Deftones albums seem to follow a pattern. It follows- Adernaline- Heavy, Around the Fur- Heavy, White Pony- Experimental, Deftones- Heavy, Saturday Night Wrist- Experimental, Diamond Eyes- Heavy (Bite me, DE is heavy), Koi No Yokan- Experimental. So if you follow that pattern the next Deftones album will be heavy...

deftones86

Quote from: OnyxPanicProne on Dec 02, 2012, 02:01 PM
Here's the way I see it, Deftones albums seem to follow a pattern. It follows- Adernaline- Heavy, Around the Fur- Heavy, White Pony- Experimental, Deftones- Heavy, Saturday Night Wrist- Experimental, Diamond Eyes- Heavy (Bite me, DE is heavy), Koi No Yokan- Experimental. So if you follow that pattern the next Deftones album will be heavy...

Idk if its true but i believe it.

Gee

Well if that's not pure logic right there then I don't know what is.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

deftones47

That sounds very accurate.

OnyxPanicProne

Watch the next album be experimental just to prove me wrong

DeftonesNZ

Pretty good theory but i don't think's it that cut and Dry Self Titled was as experimental with stuff like lucky you and Anniversary ,White Pony called be called Heavy aswell because of songs like Korea and Elite

Dath

Hexagram, WGTB and Bloody Cape (dat bridge) could tip the scale pretty heavily on their own.

Oho.

TheyCallMeP

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 02, 2012, 06:59 AM
The whole thread was started as a joke we know it's way to early to guess with any seriousness it's just fun to speculate and see what people think might be the next step.

I'll join in the game. My Bloody Valentine esque Dream Pop with occasional harsh screams sprinkled in. Here's to hoping haha, whatever they end up doing though I'm sure it will be top notch.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 02, 2012, 10:34 PM
Pretty good theory but i don't think's it that cut and Dry Self Titled was as experimental with stuff like lucky you and Anniversary ,White Pony called be called Heavy aswell because of songs like Korea and Elite

Yeah you can throw in a couple oddballs and say it could go the other way, but they're outliers.  The overall feel of the album is what he's talking about, I assume.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Teknoman

The real question here is, What is Stef going to do guitar-wise? I think they are going to break up when there is no more room for down tuning or maybe next album will be done entirely with bass guitars, or maybe chino will begin to use 7 strings...

but the logic says that Stef will switch to 9 string guitars

AD, ATF, WP -> 6 strings
S/T, SNW -> 7 strings
DE, KNY -> 8 strings
???, ??? -> 9 strings

and then they Break up

9 strings guitar

I make music too

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Teknoman on Dec 08, 2012, 04:01 AM
The real question here is, What is Stef going to do guitar-wise? I think they are going to break up when there is no more room for down tuning or maybe next album will be done entirely with bass guitars, or maybe chino will begin to use 7 strings...

AD, ATF, WP -> 6 strings
S/T, SNW -> 7 strings
DE, KNY -> 8 strings
???, ??? -> 9 strings

and then they Break up

9 strings guitar

I saw a graphic on some other site that said "the future of Deftones."  It was a guitar with the most string I've ever seen, like 10 or 11 =P
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

deftoolsys07

Quote from: Teknoman on Dec 08, 2012, 04:01 AM

AD, ATF, WP -> 6 strings
S/T, SNW -> 7 strings
DE, KNY -> 8 strings
???, ??? -> 9 strings

and then they Break up

9 strings guitar

No... I've asked him this before a couple of years ago just kind of joking around if he was going to play a 9 and he said yeah i don't think so... 8's enough for now for sure and everything... 9 is like a joke at this point for him, which I'm fine with.. I agree... but who knows maybe within 5 years time it will be a norm... 7 strings, yet alone 8 strings, have been catching on very rapidly just within the last several years than ever before I think...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

DJR

Quote from: pony_01 on Dec 02, 2012, 05:44 AM
Isn't it too early to discuss a new album??

Its out next week

Slacker

im looking forward for the new album, i think it correspond very well to the early saga: A-ATF-WP

this third instalment will be great DE-KNY-?

god knows how eros could have change it all...