Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NEW Album Thread

Started by deftoolsys07, Nov 25, 2012, 11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrpelon94

they should just release Eros....and move on to this new deftones style of music 8)

cvthedrv

10 strings would be great

Braincleaner

Hmm, maybe if chino started playing 8-strings.......we have to go deeper......or lower.

jez rox kaluha

Quote from: deftoner664 on Nov 27, 2012, 08:29 PM
For the next album I want Stephen to step his game up and play more melodic stuff, LESS redundant use of power chords and experiment with eccentric chord voicings, and finally write a lengthy semi- complex solo. If Stephen wants to "Dazzle" like he said with his guitar playing, I really wish he would try to practice a little more, and close out his career as a guitarist with some awesome riffs on the last couple albums. Abe is solid, he can just keep doing what he's doing. For Chino, I want more gritty ST/ WP era vocals, with more abstract, dark lyrics like Digital Bath. Pretty much what everyone and their brother here on SL is wanting again from Chino in the vocal and lyrical department. I thought Koi No Yokan was suppose to be a "Futuristic-like" album... To me I didnt think of this album sounding anything futuristic really. On the next one, I just want them to actually accomplish something like that and experiment more with different sounds, time signatures. This is all hopeful for the next coming years ahead, however if they rush the next album like they did KNY, I don't see another album in the ranks of "White Pony" happening anytime soon or if at all.

you just summed up my feelings completely...thanks for saving me the time to write it

Slacker

Quote from: jez rox kaluha on Dec 16, 2012, 12:35 AM
Quote from: deftoner664 on Nov 27, 2012, 08:29 PM
For the next album I want Stephen to step his game up and play more melodic stuff, LESS redundant use of power chords and experiment with eccentric chord voicings, and finally write a lengthy semi- complex solo. If Stephen wants to "Dazzle" like he said with his guitar playing, I really wish he would try to practice a little more, and close out his career as a guitarist with some awesome riffs on the last couple albums. Abe is solid, he can just keep doing what he's doing. For Chino, I want more gritty ST/ WP era vocals, with more abstract, dark lyrics like Digital Bath. Pretty much what everyone and their brother here on SL is wanting again from Chino in the vocal and lyrical department. I thought Koi No Yokan was suppose to be a "Futuristic-like" album... To me I didnt think of this album sounding anything futuristic really. On the next one, I just want them to actually accomplish something like that and experiment more with different sounds, time signatures. This is all hopeful for the next coming years ahead, however if they rush the next album like they did KNY, I don't see another album in the ranks of "White Pony" happening anytime soon or if at all.

you just summed up my feelings completely...thanks for saving me the time to write it

for that to happend, chino needs to drop the fucking guitar, otherwise we will be getting more KNY oriented stuff. steph will always hold back, to tight the rythm section while chino takes lead. this will happen as long as chino is playing the damn guitar.

Caín

No more records. KNY is a joke. Just stop, Deftones.

DeftonesNZ

Don't fucking listen to them then,the majority of people are really enjoying KNY this happens every-time a new album comes out ,they always lose some fans and gain more new ones.They're still making great music whether you like it or not if you want the old sound listen to the old albums simple as that,I can't believe people get shitty when they mix up their sound they do it all the time that's why they're still around.

Caín

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 18, 2012, 12:16 AM
Don't fucking listen to them then,the majority of people are really enjoying KNY this happens every-time a new album comes out ,they always lose some fans and gain more new ones.They're still making great music whether you like it or not if you want the old sound listen to the old albums simple as that,I can't believe people get shitty when they mix up their sound they do it all the time that's why they're still around.

Every time I hear that shit I just shake my head. The mix up their sound? It has been virtually the same since s/t. It's the same boring ass shit. No matter how many strings Stef puts on his guitars, it's all the same. The same shitty, uninspired two tone chugga chugga with Chino doing some inhale cat screams to top off that shit sandwich. They don't push themselves any more. White Pony was a step in the right direction, it really was. Their next record should have been their Kid A. Instead they produced an uninspired, redundant two tone snoozefest with no highlights, no creativity, no nothing. How they could think this was a winning formula and continue on that path, nobody can understand.

DeftonesNZ

Whatever it's all just opinions but if you can't see a difference in style since S/T I get why you said what you did, White Pony's my favourite album but the reason I like them is because they did the unexpected with S/T and then again with SNW instead of producing sequels,Can you seriously not hear a difference at all? the change from S/T to SNW was huge just by itself lol

Electron§

Quote from: Caín on Dec 18, 2012, 10:42 AM

Every time I hear that shit I just shake my head. The mix up their sound? It has been virtually the same since Diamond Eyes. KNY is the same boring ass shit. No matter how many strings Stef puts on his guitars, it's all the same. The same shitty, uninspired two tone chugga chugga with Chino doing some inhale cat screams to top off that shit sandwich.

Fixed that for you bro.

Electron§

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 18, 2012, 10:50 AM
Can you seriously not hear a difference at all? the change from S/T to SNW was huge just by itself lol

*scratches head at Cains posts* I thought the same thing

thewanderer

Honestly, KNY reminds me of the original demo where Chino sang instead of screamed, and the songs had more coherent lyrics and were more melodic. I wouldn't mind if they went that direction at all, back to their "real" roots that everyone seems to forget. Maybe do an unplugged set on vh1,  and an album with Skrillex(j/k).  Maybe that would pull the plug on these haters hanging on here clinging to life support. I wish everyone would just completely ignore them. I do. You should too.
Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

beansandcornbread

Doesn't look like their will be a next album according to the forecast.

beansandcornbread

976-EVIL

Beans and Cordbread had a fight Beans knocked Cornbread outta sight !
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

illthrowROCKS@U

Every time I hear that shit I just shake my head. The mix up their sound? It has been virtually the same since s/t. It's the same boring ass shit. No matter how many strings Stef puts on his guitars, it's all the same. The same shitty, uninspired two tone chugga chugga with Chino doing some inhale cat screams to top off that shit sandwich. They don't push themselves any more. White Pony was a step in the right direction, it really was. Their next record should have been their Kid A. Instead they produced an uninspired, redundant two tone snoozefest with no highlights, no creativity, no nothing. How they could think this was a winning formula and continue on that path, nobody can understand.

You can decide to not like the newer songs, that's fine.  But to say they haven't been different is completely incorrect, are you deaf?  WP to S/T was a big change, S/T to SNW was a big change (their 2 best albums!), SNW to DE was a change, and even DE to KNY was a change... They change EVERY album, and have since the beginning!  I bet if they stayed the same since WP you'd be complaining they haven't done anything different in over a decade like Disturbed/Korn/et al.  Can't please some people... whatever, I say KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK DEFTONES.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

dictatesofreason

Cain you are a certifiable fucking retard, if you dont like deftones music anymore then keep your fingers off the damn keyboard, hell stay off sharinglungs-why be on this board at all-people like you make no sense to me. And as far as the "Tones sound-THE ONLY reason they are still around, make good music, have any fanbase at all IS becasue the experiment, create, and delve into to different musical i deas-ignorning those facts is ludacris.

if you dont like thier new stuff or ya want a rehash of Lovers, go the fuck away make a cover or just fucking die.

this a deftones board if want to be anti-deftones and anit thier music-go create a Chokinglungs or some shit

im tired of the bashing from people who are "deftones"fans but diss the band and thier music every chance they get its fucking annoying.

chuckles

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Dec 27, 2012, 11:36 PM

You can decide to not like the newer songs, that's fine.  But to say they haven't been different is completely incorrect, are you deaf?  WP to S/T was a big change, S/T to SNW was a big change (their 2 best albums!), SNW to DE was a change, and even DE to KNY was a change... They change EVERY album, and have since the beginning!  I bet if they stayed the same since WP you'd be complaining they haven't done anything different in over a decade like Disturbed/Korn/et al.  Can't please some people... whatever, I say KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK DEFTONES.

No se que decir caín.. Solo que me das Pena...
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

pinkmaggit

Quote from: chuckles on Dec 28, 2012, 02:34 AM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Dec 27, 2012, 11:36 PM

No se que decir caín.. Solo que me das Pena...

Speak English you retard, noone here gives a shit about your grasp of foreign languages, you must be lost, this is Sharing Lungs not Compartir los Pulmones!

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Dec 28, 2012, 12:46 AM

if you dont like thier new stuff or ya want a rehash of Lovers, go the fuck away make a cover or just fucking die.

He actually hates S/T. Don't know how...just listened to the album on vinyl and its so delicious.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.