Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

New Alice In Chains song

Started by knifeparty, Dec 12, 2012, 07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knifeparty

Hollow
Presumably, you're now following @aliceinchains on Instagram, so the first step is done.

Every day for the next 10 days, a new lyrical phrase from our brand new song "Hollow" will be posted at @aliceinchains on Instagram. We want you to create an image inspired by or featuring a single word or phrase from those lyrics. Next, share those photos on Instagram or Twitter tagging #HOLLOWAIC. On 12/18, visit www.aliceinchains.com/hollow to see your photos and other fan photos from around the world, then hear and become, "Hollow."

http://instagram.com/aliceinchains

Jacob

return when the full song is out in audio, please.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

DeftonesNZ

My expectations aren't high it's just not the same without Layne's unique voice I wish they hadn't carried on at least under the AIC name it's just not Alice in Chains without Layne it's like they're slowing running the name into the ground

Jacob

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 12, 2012, 12:52 PM
My expectations aren't high it's just not the same without Layne's unique voice I wish they hadn't carried on at least under the AIC name it's just not Alice in Chains without Layne it's like they're slowing running the name into the ground

I don't really agree. I am a huge Alice fan, they were practically my entire life when I was 14-16 and Layne's passing was a real kick in the stomach. but I was very impressed with the new album. it's not the same without Layne, obviously. but Jerry was just as much, if not more, the brain behind the band and it really shows on the new album that they can carry the name on. I like the new singers voice, just don't care much for his looks/image in relation to the music. but the music itself is more important and he does the job well.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

DeftonesNZ

I agree they should carry on making music it's just that Layne was such a huge part of what made Alice in Chains special and without him it doesn't feel right he was to big of a talent to replace I just feel like it would have been better to end the name with Layne as like a sign of respect It's like Deftones without Chino it would never be the same.