Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Swerve City - Video

Started by stu_101, Feb 18, 2013, 07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyingPiranha

Quote from: nicklav on May 09, 2013, 02:10 AM
Quote from: FlyingPiranha on May 09, 2013, 02:08 AM
Man, that was a let down. They could've at least expanded on the whole "lol imma shoot ya Chino" bit at the end.

I actually sort of like the way it ended. It leaves it all up to you to think about.
Yeah, you're right about that, but squeezing it in so late made it feel really forced.
Electric Factory 5.10.2011 // Sherman Theater 3.12.2013 // Sands Bethlehem 8.02.2016 // Festival Pier 6.17.2017

E-Money

Inkblades

I guess they filmed more than one video. The guy who directed the other one said his version is still going to come out.

luisch

Quote from: Inkblades on May 09, 2013, 06:32 AM
I guess they filmed more than one video. The guy who directed the other one said his version is still going to come out.

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

cvthedrv

nineteen

SwerveCityUSA

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d2U8soPI_dY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

defburn

i like than HITE = shit

VictorPL

holy shit, sorry but that was pathetic. this is officially the worst deftones video imo. at least mein was so bad it was funny

pony_01

the video is based on the lyric video, which is chino's pick.
i dig the video.

Sett

Horse and a chick, such a surprise from Deftones.

VictorPL

Quote from: Sett on May 09, 2013, 10:58 AM
Horse and a chick, such a surprise from Deftones.

the lyric video was better than this, lol

buddyboy101

i'm surprised by all the hate for the video.  yeah it's a bit literal, but the end is pretty heavy.  lots of tension that isn't resolved.  it's definitely a bit abstract/artsy.  i think a lot of folks rightfully expected a performance video, but they've already done like 20 of those...

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: buddyboy101 on May 09, 2013, 11:59 AM
i'm surprised by all the hate for the video.  yeah it's a bit literal, but the end is pretty heavy.  lots of tension that isn't resolved.  it's definitely a bit abstract/artsy.  i think a lot of folks rightfully expected a performance video, but they've already done like 20 of those...
I have no problem with it being an artsy video but it was just poorly done without any structure, the horse stuff was all pretty with great cinematography but it got extremely boring and dragged on way too long. and no tension was built up at all ,Chino just randomly showed up, I don't get why in the first 2 minutes they didn't cut between shots of her and Chino driving or something this would have built up tension and set up the end. all the action as such was crammed into the last 30 seconds it feels like they didn't know how to end it so they just put that in.

Adekhine

Ryan Mackfall ‏@ryanCRASHBURN 4h
@ryancphoto nope that's just like a secondary one. They were doing 3 vids

so... 3 Vids for Swerve City?

rainnyx4

Performance videos suck.  Seeing a band live is great, seeing a recreation of that is not.  Music videos should be like short films.  That said, this video was pretty shitty.

Penicks

i liked the last few seconds though

ToneDef

Did anyone catch the part with the horse? It's there, seriously.

cvthedrv

Quote from: Adekhine on May 09, 2013, 12:49 PM
Ryan Mackfall ‏@ryanCRASHBURN 4h
@ryancphoto nope that's just like a secondary one. They were doing 3 vids

so... 3 Vids for Swerve City?

they must be retard for fuck's sake.

ps: shitty or not, fat or fatter, i fucking love 'hole in the earth' video, its completely full of emotion, this shit doesn't compare with that era.

beansandcornbread

You'd think there would be a little buzzer thingy to tell you the headlights are still on.  Totally fake.