Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Swerve City - Video

Started by stu_101, Feb 18, 2013, 07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

Quote from: buddyboy101 on May 09, 2013, 11:59 AM
i'm surprised by all the hate for the video.  yeah it's a bit literal, but the end is pretty heavy.  lots of tension that isn't resolved.  it's definitely a bit abstract/artsy.  i think a lot of folks rightfully expected a performance video, but they've already done like 20 of those...

I don't hate the video because I'm not really into Deftones just for their videos (although I do like most of them), but it is disappointing. It just seems like this one was thrown together very haphazardly. It's literally like the director couldn't come up with an idea for it, so he just filmed a girl riding a horse for the majority of the video. That's really the only thing that happens in the video until the very end. As for the end, the whole Chino, a hot girl/model and a weapon concept was already done in Rocket Skates (and that general concept wasn't that interesting to begin with, so why repeat it?). I also don't care if Deftones play in the video or not. I thought the video for Sextape was beautiful and brilliant, and that's far from being my favorite Deftones song.

pony_01

sing blue silver

Are you.. fucking... shitting... me.

That's it? That's what they give us? After all this "we won't release something unless we love it" video talk nonsense? This is what we fucking get? How are they "in love" with this pile of garbage? It looks like a cosmetics commercial fucked a car commercial and they put a Deftones song on it. Worst Deftones video yet for the second worst Deftones song yet. This is fucking garbage. Worse than Mein. Worse than Hole In The Earth. I wish they had just stuck to not making any videos for this album. Ugh. Sorry to sound so pissed off but they're all "we won't release something unless it's really good" but this is not fucking good at all. Some bitch on a horse and then Chino shows up in his car? That's it? Are you fucking serious? Fuck this video.

Gaz

Maybe all of the videos they will eventually release for KNY link in to each other?, either way it's a strange vid.

nineteen

It's OK I guess. I just wish it wasn't so literal by having the horse in it.

I was expecting her to break her horse with strange distant voices that travelled a bit through the air.

Maybe the part where she "played around with her forces" might have made it a bit X-Rated though.

Gee

Quote from: sing blue silver on May 09, 2013, 08:51 PM
Are you.. fucking... shitting... me.

That's it? That's what they give us? After all this "we won't release something unless we love it" video talk nonsense? This is what we fucking get? How are they "in love" with this pile of garbage? It looks like a cosmetics commercial fucked a car commercial and they put a Deftones song on it. Worst Deftones video yet for the second worst Deftones song yet. This is fucking garbage. Worse than Mein. Worse than Hole In The Earth. I wish they had just stuck to not making any videos for this album. Ugh. Sorry to sound so pissed off but they're all "we won't release something unless it's really good" but this is not fucking good at all. Some bitch on a horse and then Chino shows up in his car? That's it? Are you fucking serious? Fuck this video.

Even though I don't entirely agree with you -nothing's worse than the HITE video ;)- your rant made me laugh, it comes from the heart, I like it.

Quote from: Gaz on May 09, 2013, 09:11 PM
Maybe all of the videos they will eventually release for KNY link in to each other?

Hahaha you're overestimating them man, they have no idea what the fuck they are doing.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

TheyCallMeP

Wow... Awful video. The song has grown on me gradually since KNY was released but this video is terrible. No one had a better plan B?

people are people

The video could be better? yes. Worst? yes, at the end of the day, they're Deftones and you're not.

hi man

my favorite part is when shes riding on the horse

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on May 11, 2013, 03:48 AM
Wow... Awful video. The song has grown on me gradually since KNY was released but this video is terrible. No one had a better plan B?

The song grew on you? It completely ruins your cheap speakers and announces the albums presence with authority.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

SwerveCityUSA

I finally watched the video. It was a little too much of that beautiful girl riding the horse but after I recollect, the beautiful scenery makes up for it and makes you use your imagination and feel the vibes like the song already does. Plus Chino at the end was looking like he was an actor, so nice. cool video. original.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

Penicks

play

Quote from: Penicks on May 11, 2013, 11:04 AM
http://youtubedoubler.com/8dz0

mute swerve city

ride like the wind is a classic. Prefer that song to swerve lol

TheyCallMeP

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 11, 2013, 07:13 AM
Quote from: TheyCallMeP on May 11, 2013, 03:48 AM

The song grew on you? It completely ruins your cheap speakers and announces the albums presence with authority.

I wasn't a big fan of the ohhhh's, they bring the song down a bit for me personally. The lyrical content has already similarly been explored on feiteceira (not going to look how to spell it). Only instead of a chick breaking a guy like an animal, she threw him in a trunk back in 2000. The horse is also nothing new. Seemed like a rehash to me.

Gee

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on May 11, 2013, 04:20 PM
The lyrical content has already similarly been explored on feiteceira (not going to look how to spell it). Only instead of a chick breaking a guy like an animal, she threw him in a trunk back in 2000. The horse is also nothing new. Seemed like a rehash to me.

I like how you try to make a parallel between these two songs, but apart from the fact that they both describe the presence of a girl, I have to say the similarities stop there for me. To me Feiticeira is about power, possession and eventually threatening whereas Swerve is about attraction and fascination. Dream over menace.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

DJR

Hahaha you're overestimating them man, they have no idea what the fuck they are doing.

lol *thumbs up*

TheyCallMeP

Quote from: Gee on May 11, 2013, 04:53 PM
Quote from: TheyCallMeP on May 11, 2013, 04:20 PM
The lyrical content has already similarly been explored on feiteceira (not going to look how to spell it). Only instead of a chick breaking a guy like an animal, she threw him in a trunk back in 2000. The horse is also nothing new. Seemed like a rehash to me.

I like how you try to make a parallel between these two songs, but apart from the fact that they both describe the presence of a girl, I have to say the similarities stop there for me. To me Feiticeira is about power, possession and eventually threatening whereas Swerve is about attraction and fascination. Dream over menace.

Not trying to shit on anyone haha, but your opinion is yours. I know women are a dominant theme in Deftones but those two songs remind me of each other. The vibe is different from other songs such as Teenager, Good Morning Beautiful, or Birthmark (still dealing w women). I don't wanna make this a big thing, just my personal reasons for not fully enjoying Swerve. If you do love Swerve, that's awesome. Still Deftones.

BillyNo.9

ignore the fashion

I hope the other video they shot is also released, anything would be better than this.