Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Swerve City - Video

Started by stu_101, Feb 18, 2013, 05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

people are people

Quote from: people are people on May 11, 2013, 01:46 AM
The video could be better? yes. Worst? yes, at the end of the day, they're Deftones and you're not.

vadimo

ok so chino comes to see her (what else? he is driving around desert to see if he can find someone to rape?) to get his horse back from ugly divorce (she has gun)?

MaximumPezcore

The girl at the end looked like she was ready to cap-a-Chino.

..Yeah, I'll see myself out.

elite54

haha that's actually pretty good.

iceache

Quote from: vadimo on May 12, 2013, 01:11 AM
ok so chino comes to see her (what else? he is driving around desert to see if he can find someone to rape?)

What the fuck.... are you mentally challenged? Why would your first thought be rape?

Electron§

This video is pretty much crap. Don't think its Deftones-ish at all. I can't even believe they'd approach it like this..... Not into this western vibe bullshit..... Honestly the "Hole In The Earth" video was better than this because at least that video seemed to have a sort of high concept (I think science fiction fits Deftones much better) that kind of served as a metaphor for what hes saying in the song, Its just its execution that was horrible because obviously they weren't gonna have the best effects to pull it off and the band themselves didn't seem like they were ready to be filmed that day lol.

Quote from: vadimo on May 12, 2013, 01:11 AM
(what else? he is driving around desert to see if he can find someone to rape?)

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Of course, this is Chino's favorite past time.

SwerveCityUSA

"deftones-ish" Here we go again. everything has to be familiar territory for lukewarm fans.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

vadimo

looks like no one was mentally challenged in the making of this....

BallZDeeP

to me it looks like he came home to face the music

cvthedrv

to me it looks like he came home to kill her for tame her horces with distant voices

people are people

Quote from: Electron§ on May 13, 2013, 09:54 AM
This video is pretty much crap. Don't think its Deftones-ish at all. I can't even believe they'd approach it like this..... Not into this western vibe bullshit..... Honestly the "Hole In The Earth" video was better than this because at least that video seemed to have a sort of high concept (I think science fiction fits Deftones much better) that kind of served as a metaphor for what hes saying in the song, Its just its execution that was horrible because obviously they weren't gonna have the best effects to pull it off and the band themselves didn't seem like they were ready to be filmed that day lol.

if you like deftones try understand the video or just don't watch the videos and interpret in your way.

i really like this kind of interpretations

Quote from: BallZDeeP on May 13, 2013, 10:31 PM
to me it looks like he came home to face the music

Quote from: Electron§ on May 13, 2013, 09:54 AM
(I think science fiction fits Deftones much better) don't start talking about in natural selection, charles darwin etc LOL 
tell me what you think of the lyrics of the song Anniversary Of An Uninteresting Even-Deftones or Hexagram or Passenger with  Maynard James Keenan

That is why you fail

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 13, 2013, 10:02 PM
"deftones-ish" Here we go again. everything has to be familiar territory for lukewarm fans.

i like your style

SwerveCityUSA

To me it was the epitome of a modern musical video. Bands don't perform much in their videos these days and it's always in some new digital way anyway, they can't just be rocking out in the ghetto like Bored anymore. Plus Swerve City is just a completely dreamy track, so why show a performance video anyway? he's trying paint you a picture anyway. Take the trip.

JayJamesGatsbyGatz

I feel like the music video did Swerve City justice. I mean, c'mon man. This is Deftones we're talking about. It's not like anything they do is completley straightforward right off the bat, hahah.

Does anyone know who came up with the concept (or lack thereof...) for the video?
"We wanted to do something different, but I learned that different isn't always good."- ChinoM

FlyingPiranha

Quote from: JayJamesGatsbyGatz on May 14, 2013, 10:31 PM
I feel like the music video did Swerve City justice. I mean, c'mon man. This is Deftones we're talking about. It's not like anything they do is completley straightforward right off the bat, hahah.

Does anyone know who came up with the concept (or lack thereof...) for the video?
A girl riding a horse for two and a half minutes is actually pretty damn straightforward.
Electric Factory 5.10.2011 // Sherman Theater 3.12.2013 // Sands Bethlehem 8.02.2016 // Festival Pier 6.17.2017

JayJamesGatsbyGatz

Quote from: FlyingPiranha on May 14, 2013, 11:39 PM
Quote from: JayJamesGatsbyGatz on May 14, 2013, 10:31 PM

A girl riding a horse for two and a half minutes is actually pretty damn straightforward.

I meant the meaning/purpose/concept of the video. Like WHY did they chose to just have a girl riding a horse for two and a half minutes and then have Chino just show up at the end.

Guess I wasnt really clear in my thoughts, hahah.

"We wanted to do something different, but I learned that different isn't always good."- ChinoM

vadimo

my impression from reading previous online statements that it was going to be video made by some manchester, uk fan and it was going to be like hexagram style and most recently i was expecting deftones would postdate release and add a tribute message to chi at the end of this video.

sing blue silver

Straightforward boring lazy video for a straightforward boring lazy song.

pinkmaggit69

I think he is buying the gun from her on craigslist without a background check.

Drinks won't stain this birth!

skinnypuppy

Each passing year, this board resembles lambgoat comments more and more.

#sharinglungsproblems

All things considered, I wish they'd exclusively work with directors who really, really, really get the band. Andrew Bennett gets the band, Purge gets the band, Liz Friedlander gets the band, and I'd dare to say ZFCL also does too. Stick with them motherfuckers and get good music videos!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deftones_discography#Music_videos

SwerveCityUSA

Awesome powerful song and album opener, original video.