Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Swerve City - Video

Started by stu_101, Feb 18, 2013, 05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicklav

Quote from: pinkmaggit69 on May 08, 2013, 07:12 PM
I dug it.....chick is bangin' I was hoping she was riding her horse toa deftones show, though.    I  love how we are left to wonder what happens.    Is she gonna shoot Chino?  Did Chino leave his gun at her house last night and is picking it up?  Is he buying the gun from her on craigslist without a background check? 

LOL. This is how I choose to view this video.

Teknoman

Quote from: nicklav on May 08, 2013, 07:08 PM
I honestly thought it was a car commercial. Like I forgot about the music when the car came on screen and expected a Lexus logo to pop up at the end.

SWERVE CITY WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY DERBY

Smoking is bad for your health

I make music too

Inkblades

Nice cinematography, but that was pretty boring. Whatever, though.

ANattyRat

What? Why? I don't...what?!?

Few points:

1. What happened to the footage shot in the UK? That looked good.
2. Why is Chino the only one of the band in the video?
3. Why is Chino only in the video for a total of two seconds?
4. Why did they take the song so very literally?

I was genuinely expecting a wolf to start howling. Stupid video. I think they're either messing with us or they genuinely don't care anymore. They were meant to make a video for Tempest but that disappeared, then they shot a video (a good one, by the sound of it) for Swerve City in Manchester, but instead chose to show some woman's romantic journey with a horse until she's interrupted by Chino's face for two seconds. I am very confused.

nicklav

It would have been cool if she randomly passed the band playing the song during her ride.

ignore the fashion

Who really wants to watch some chick ride around on a horse?

pinkmaggit69

Quote from: ignore the fashion on May 08, 2013, 07:18 PM
Who really wants to watch some chick ride around on a horse?

me I guess.....i've watched it 3 times already.

Drinks won't stain this birth!

endstand

this band was never good with videos. though it was interesting to see a video with no playing band in it. too bad the end with Chino ruined it. and the whole twist at the end - so bad, so bad ;)
hello memory lover, you are mine

Inkblades

I have much better videos that involve girls and horses in my, ahem, personal collection.

Bifrost

Quote from: Starz on May 08, 2013, 07:08 PM
Just cos he sings the word "horses" they go and make a video about fucking horses...

GIANT.WASTE.OF.MY.TIME.

Bifrost

What was the point of that? could have been so cool and thats the finished product? super disappointed in that :-\

Gee

Quote from: Gee on Apr 05, 2013, 07:42 AM
Dear lord.

I think now we all wish its gonna be Chino's face staring out the window for the whole thing instead of that chick on a freakin horse for the whole video.

Enough said.

Liked the appearance of Chino at the end though, the last 30 seconds kind of compensate for the lousy first 2.5mns. At least we know it was the latest bad Deftones video and not, as many mentionned it, a freaking car commercial.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

Teknoman

Quote from: Inkblades on May 08, 2013, 07:28 PM
I have much better videos that involve girls and horses in my, ahem, personal collection.

I LoLed really bad ;D hahaha!!!

I make music too

beansandcornbread

At least Swerve City was playing in the background.

endstand

Quote from: ANattyRat on May 08, 2013, 07:16 PM
What? Why? I don't...what?!?

Few points:

1. What happened to the footage shot in the UK? That looked good.
2. Why is Chino the only one of the band in the video?
3. Why is Chino only in the video for a total of two seconds?
4. Why did they take the song so very literally?

I was genuinely expecting a wolf to start howling. Stupid video. I think they're either messing with us or they genuinely don't care anymore. They were meant to make a video for Tempest but that disappeared, then they shot a video (a good one, by the sound of it) for Swerve City in Manchester, but instead chose to show some woman's romantic journey with a horse until she's interrupted by Chino's face for two seconds. I am very confused.

I don't remember that Deftones ever were really into making videos. They didn't care about it.
hello memory lover, you are mine

DJR

The video is sodding awful! I liked the first 30 seconds all beautiful and what not, but then it bored the pants off me!

BallZDeeP

she shoulda shot him for being in that video

shoop

Shit man this looks like one of those fanmade vids that APerfectCircle would be obsessed over. I'd love to see the vid for Tempest now, if that got scrapped but this didn't.. I really hope they release the live-shot version.

Adekhine

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on May 08, 2013, 07:02 PM
Are you.....fucking......serious. What?

I will never watch that again lol.

I agree

Jerry_Curls

I was expecting to see A girl riding a horse in London...bright lights, fast paced, neon, some ethereal visuals, band playing...but nope..

Oh well...it was cute.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.