Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

FILTER

Started by DJR, Feb 26, 2013, 11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJR

Take That Knife out of my Back is probably my favourite at moment

only pieces remain

richard said they wrote that purposely to sound like a modern version of hey man nice shot.

DJR

If the last 2 albums had the best songs off them put together it would make a hella good album

FlyingPiranha

I'm...pretty disappointed by this album after two listens. Very Filter-by-the-numbers.
Electric Factory 5.10.2011 // Sherman Theater 3.12.2013 // Sands Bethlehem 8.02.2016 // Festival Pier 6.17.2017

DJR

Quote from: FlyingPiranha on Jun 05, 2013, 12:17 AM
I'm...pretty disappointed by this album after two listens. Very Filter-by-the-numbers.

Its getting better as i keep drilling into myself over and over, but overall i am disappointed! I even quite like Surprise now haha!

only pieces remain

I'm actually listening to it again right now and I like surprise too now heh

FlyingPiranha

Yeah, Surprise is actually one of the songs that stuck with me, too. Even though it kind of falls exactly into what I was bitching about (being a requisite post-Take A Picture 'poppy' song), haha.
Electric Factory 5.10.2011 // Sherman Theater 3.12.2013 // Sands Bethlehem 8.02.2016 // Festival Pier 6.17.2017

DJR

I think what i dont like about the last 2 albums is the same looped drum beat! At times its like a pumped up glam rock, and i just dont dig it! I mean Short Bus had a drum machine and even that had more of a variety!