Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones: Live: Volume 1 – Selections from Adrenaline

Started by skinnypuppy, Mar 01, 2013, 10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicklav

I think I'll buy them up through S/T. Otherwise this is going to get super expensive.

slyartwork

Quote from: ignore the fashion on Apr 23, 2013, 02:36 AM
Quote from: slyartwork on Apr 22, 2013, 07:22 PM
Ow one more I need, hope you want to help with that too. Can you take a pic of the EAN/BAR code on the back?

THANKS!!
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

ignore the fashion

Quote from: slyartwork on Apr 23, 2013, 06:41 AM
Quote from: ignore the fashion on Apr 23, 2013, 02:36 AM
Quote from: slyartwork on Apr 22, 2013, 07:22 PM
Ow one more I need, hope you want to help with that too. Can you take a pic of the EAN/BAR code on the back?

THANKS!!

Sorry for the somewhat bad quality, I usually leave the shrink wrap on my vinyl and just cut open the  side where the record has to come out of.

Jesus2Chino

Hey Sly, just curious, what are you using the images for?

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

slyartwork

I'm making a extended discography book. It's way in the works now and need lots of info. Abe has seen the roughs of it and was blown away, he took the book home with him ;-) . It's not gonna be on a website yet. It's a lot of work but when it's finished I'm sure we're gonna put it online in some way.

I know it sounds vague but it's gonna be so awesome!

ignore the fashion

Are the images going to be part of it or you just using them to get the information?

slyartwork

Well this one is just for information, I want to be accurate so thats why I asked for pictures. Mistakes are easily made, now I always have reference. I ordered the USA version too but takes a while to get here, also ordered the 180 gr version. I might share the result of this one when it's done.

OBEY giant

mp3 320 kbps vbr+cover HD  ;)

bad converting sorry...

scatterbrain

Quote from: OBEY giant on Apr 23, 2013, 09:21 AM

deftones - Live Volume I - Selections from Adrenaline.zip (20.0 Mo)

Dude,I dont know what you did,but it shouldn't be that small,especially with HD artwork.VBR and 320 are two different things.I'm guessing you don't have you encoder set propperly and have no idea what your doing.Or worst your trying to give someone a virus or some shit,I don't know,its your first post here,and that size is way off,even with ultra compression.A proper V0 should be around 33.08 MB,proper 320 is around 39 mb.Its quite possible yours could be a V0,with the encoder set on Fastest(low quality),which will give you poor results.I made a proper 320 so anyone who wants,can get it from a source that they know is  legit.I was hoping someone else would,but its all good.
Nothing against you,and thanks for trying to contribute,but I don't trust it.If it is legit,its poor quality.
Proper 320 converted from 24/96 rip with db power amp,set on slow (Highest quality),ultra compression zip file (38mb),artwork embedded in files.
http://www.mediafire.com/?d36qgit8qxabqka
im me and thats all ill ever be

slyartwork

Wow found something out.
I'm very positive about the venue being listed WRONG on the artwork.

Artwork says Memorial Auditorium....

Instead they played at the Marine Midland Arena!
The Memorial Auditorium wiki says this:
"The Aud closed in 1996, at which time the Sabres, Bandits, and Blizzard moved a few blocks south to the new Marine Midland Arena (now First Niagara Center)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Memorial_Auditorium

..which means all activities moved to another venue. Since this Oct 13 date was a show where Deftones opened for KISS I checked their Tour info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alive/Worldwide_Tour

OBEY giant

Quote from: scatterbrain on Apr 23, 2013, 10:17 AM

Dude,I dont know what you did,but it shouldn't be that small,especially with HD artwork.VBR and 320 are two different things.I'm guessing you don't have you encoder set propperly and have no idea what your doing.Or worst your trying to give someone a virus or some shit,I don't know,its your first post here,and that size is way off,even with ultra compression.A proper V0 should be around 33.08 MB,proper 320 is around 39 mb.Its quite possible yours could be a V0,with the encoder set on Fastest(low quality),which will give you poor results.I made a proper 320 so anyone who wants,can get it from a source that they know is  legit.I was hoping someone else would,but its all good.
Nothing against you,and thanks for trying to contribute,but I don't trust it.If it is legit,its poor quality.
Proper 320 converted from 24/96 rip with db power amp,set on slow (Highest quality),ultra compression zip file (38mb),artwork embedded in files.

Take it easy, take it easy dude.
Just want to help, but OK I made a bad converting. Sorry.
So, don't be so agressif.
You really look smart, so have a good day and adieu.

scatterbrain

I'm sorry bro.No hate at all.I guess I come off as a asshole without even trying.
Proper converting is not widely known at all,and people do it alot cause the knowledge of it,sadly,isn't widely spread.A year ago,I was making bad encodes as well.This type of thing isn't tolerated at some places,and I guess I forget where I am sometimes.

Thanks for the art though,and welcome.

slyartwork

Quote from: scatterbrain on Apr 23, 2013, 01:36 PM
I'm sorry bro.No hate at all.I guess I come off as a asshole without even trying.
Proper converting is not widely known at all,and people do it alot cause the knowledge of it,sadly,isn't widely spread.A year ago,I was making bad encodes as well.This type of thing isn't tolerated at some places,and I guess I forget where I am sometimes.

Thanks for the art though,and welcome.

Try to use a space after sentence and comma.

shoop

Quote from: scatterbrain on Apr 23, 2013, 10:17 AM

Actually, if you downloaded it.. the .rar was just compressed down to 20mb lol. The files together are 42.2mb

shoop

bad converting sorry...
Thanks dude.. your rip is actually louder than the other, I prefer yours. It's not bad, someone just jumped to conclusion by the size of the .rar itself, not realizing it was compressed.

scatterbrain

True that,I did jump to conclusions,i archived a 320 and a V0 with 7zip,on ultra compression and the size barely dropped,I was surprised when I snatched it and the size was larger.

Haven't had a chance to listen yet though,anyways,sorry for my prickness.Its no excuse,but this morning sucked,sorry guys.I didn't mean to bring that attitude here like that.

Jesus2Chino

Quote from: slyartwork on Apr 23, 2013, 07:28 AM
I'm making a extended discography book. It's way in the works now and need lots of info. Abe has seen the roughs of it and was blown away, he took the book home with him ;-) . It's not gonna be on a website yet. It's a lot of work but when it's finished I'm sure we're gonna put it online in some way.

I know it sounds vague but it's gonna be so awesome!

That's awesome man, good luck during the process and I'll look forward to seeing the final product.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

DeftonesNZ

That discography book sounds awesome and I can't think of anyone more qualified to make it lol, I would love to have a collection like that.

FlyingPiranha

Quote from: ignore the fashion on Apr 23, 2013, 03:48 AM
Quote from: gwenudo666 on Apr 23, 2013, 03:35 AM
Quote from: FastToGetAway on Apr 23, 2013, 01:34 AM
Think they'll do a box set of them all once they are out? Or should I just order each one one at a time?

I think you should get them all now .. dont think theyre gonna make a box set..

Yeah, I wouldn't wait for a box set
What would be cool though, is if once they're done releasing all of the records, they sold some kind of empty case/box to put the records in and make it into a box set.
Electric Factory 5.10.2011 // Sherman Theater 3.12.2013 // Sands Bethlehem 8.02.2016 // Festival Pier 6.17.2017

ignore the fashion

Quote from: FlyingPiranha on Apr 24, 2013, 02:29 AM
Quote from: ignore the fashion on Apr 23, 2013, 03:48 AM
Quote from: gwenudo666 on Apr 23, 2013, 03:35 AM
Quote from: FastToGetAway on Apr 23, 2013, 01:34 AM
Think they'll do a box set of them all once they are out? Or should I just order each one one at a time?

I think you should get them all now .. dont think theyre gonna make a box set..

Yeah, I wouldn't wait for a box set
What would be cool though, is if once they're done releasing all of the records, they sold some kind of empty case/box to put the records in and make it into a box set.

That would be something cool, I would buy that.