Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones: Live: Volume 1 – Selections from Adrenaline

Started by skinnypuppy, Mar 01, 2013, 10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cullision

Does anyone have any advice on what kind of record player to buy? All of these deftones vinyl releases have inspired me to get into it and I have no idea where to start.

gwenudo

Quote from: Cullision on Apr 25, 2013, 01:03 AM
Does anyone have any advice on what kind of record player to buy? All of these deftones vinyl releases have inspired me to get into it and I have no idea where to start.

Recently got the jensen JTA475 .. great record player that comes with everything .. AM/FM radio.. cassette player.. cd player.. aux input .. and 3 speed turntable and it comes with the little thingy that plays the records.. some people complaint that the speakers arent too loud but to me its perfect for my ears .. and if your not satisfied with the volume you can plug in your own speakers on the back .. great buy .. bought it for 80$ on amazon .. bought it recently because of the same reason you want one xD
Was it like it seemed?...

asshole

I love me some Vinyl.

Follow Me under #Adamogreat
Your Lucky Your Kinda Cute.. Taste Like Juicy Fruit...

defTHE1s

Quote from: slyartwork on Apr 23, 2013, 07:28 AM
I'm making a extended discography book. It's way in the works now and need lots of info. Abe has seen the roughs of it and was blown away, he took the book home with him ;-) . It's not gonna be on a website yet. It's a lot of work but when it's finished I'm sure we're gonna put it online in some way.

I know it sounds vague but it's gonna be so awesome!
I want it. ;D

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

ignore the fashion

I know 2 people who both ordered this from deftones.com and had their orders cancelled and refunded. Anyone know why? Or have this happen to them too?

gwenudo

Quote from: ignore the fashion on Apr 30, 2013, 06:32 AM
I know 2 people who both ordered this from deftones.com and had their orders cancelled and refunded. Anyone know why? Or have this happen to them too?

Either the credit card didnt pass or it sold out.. most likely sold out though.   I got mine yesterday!!
Was it like it seemed?...

Gaz

Managed to get hold of this today by chance at a Record shop here in Manchester UK, they had 1 left!

oli1981

Hi,

I'm confused, I bought LP on Record Store Day 120 gram edition (Stereo Boutique for europe) and Deftones Store 180 g edition, and what a surprise, I received 2 LPs exactly similar. I sent a mail to Stereo Boutique and Deftones Store but no reply for the moment.
If someone bought on Stereo Boutique or Deftones Store, can he say me how the vinyl was. Mine were with transparent sleeve with no stickers and the discs with transparent plastic sleeve.

Photo of the LP unopened.

Thanks.

DeftonesNZ

I didn't think there was any difference apart from the weight the idea being the 180g would last longer, I'm not sure though.

defsteve

Quote from: oli1981 on May 16, 2013, 11:47 AM
Hi,

I'm confused, I bought LP on Record Store Day 120 gram edition (Stereo Boutique for europe) and Deftones Store 180 g edition, and what a surprise, I received 2 LPs exactly similar. I sent a mail to Stereo Boutique and Deftones Store but no reply for the moment.
If someone bought on Stereo Boutique or Deftones Store, can he say me how the vinyl was. Mine were with transparent sleeve with no stickers and the discs with transparent plastic sleeve.

Photo of the LP unopened.

Thanks.

The Record Day Exclusive (with sticker) was 120gm vinyl. That would appear to be what is advertised on http://www.thestereoboutique.com/eu/catalog/product/view/id/29301/s/deftones-live-volume-1-selections-from-adrenaline/

However, if you expand the smaller pic on the above link it doesn't show the Record Day Exclusive sticker.

The version from Deftones.com was limited 180gm vinyl. I ordered this and received the vinyl this week. It is sealed like the one in your pic.

If, IF, both of your vinyls are identical (you can tell by checking the bar code numbers and all details on spine, bottom of reverse etc) you have received 2 x 180gm version. Bonus is these are rarer.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Romain

The release was super cool. The tracks sounded tight as fuck, nice performance too. Minus Blindfold sounds dirty. Great sample of what they were about, back then.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah  it sounds real dirty I like it, but I also like how in that performance of minus blindfold Chino draws out the bit around 3:20 and sings it real beautifully and more melodic than usual.

oli1981

Quote from: defsteve on May 16, 2013, 11:22 PM
The Record Day Exclusive (with sticker) was 120gm vinyl. That would appear to be what is advertised on http://www.thestereoboutique.com/eu/catalog/product/view/id/29301/s/deftones-live-volume-1-selections-from-adrenaline/

However, if you expand the smaller pic on the above link it doesn't show the Record Day Exclusive sticker.

The version from Deftones.com was limited 180gm vinyl. I ordered this and received the vinyl this week. It is sealed like the one in your pic.

If, IF, both of your vinyls are identical (you can tell by checking the bar code numbers and all details on spine, bottom of reverse etc) you have received 2 x 180gm version. Bonus is these are rarer.

Thanks for this details ! It was my idea too, this 2 LPs are 180 gram limited version. And yes barcodes are identically.

Hank

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on May 17, 2013, 12:02 PM
Yeah  it sounds real dirty I like it, but I also like how in that performance of minus blindfold Chino draws out the bit around 3:20 and sings it real beautifully and more melodic than usual.

Right on  8)

The producer did a great job of focusing on what made them sound great live during that time.
I really hope there is more of that in the upcoming releases.

Hank

Quote from: Romain on May 17, 2013, 11:57 AM
The release was super cool. The tracks sounded tight as fuck, nice performance too. Minus Blindfold sounds dirty. Great sample of what they were about, back then.

Jim Lahey Sweet Jack
"That's a goddamn dirty drink."

DeftonesNZ

I have high for hopes for the rest having heard this one, it's about time they released some decent live stuff, I'm especially looking forward to the ATF, WP and ST ones there's lots of amazingly raw performances from that time. I wonder what show they'll use from the Around the Fur era I wouldn't mind if they used the Bizzare 98 festival stuff ,it's one of my favourite boots but they probably have a ton of good shit to chose from.

Romain

Quote from: Hank on May 18, 2013, 08:22 AM
Quote from: Romain on May 17, 2013, 11:57 AM

Jim Lahey Sweet Jack
"That's a goddamn dirty drink."

Haha, right on.

deftones47

Still remember getting this a month ago on Record Store Day. This live EP drills ass!

I especially love side 2!

ignore the fashion

uroboros80

I asked Abe at the Honolulu show when the next one was gonna come out.  He said he didn't know.  :P