Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones: Live: Volume 1 – Selections from Adrenaline

Started by skinnypuppy, Mar 01, 2013, 10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

I thought I remember reading the next one was releasing in Nov.

ignore the fashion

In this thing from theprp.com it says the last one is planned for release in November

Quote from: theprpDeftones Detail New Live Vinyl Release "Live: Volume 1 – Selections From Adrenaline"
03.7.13 at 1:20pm    Posted by wookubus   
1,384 views6 comments
Details have been announced for the Deftones' first installment in a series of seven live 12″ releases. "Live: Volume 1 – Selections From Adrenaline" will lead the charge on this years 'Record Store Day', April 20th. It will feature four songs from the groups October 13th, 1996 show at the Memorial Auditorium in Buffalo, NY.
The included tracks have been mastered for vinyl by Bernie Grundman from the original live analog sources and pressed on both 120 and 180-gram vinyl. It also will sport cover art done by Eliot Lee Hazel.
Each release in the series will feature four live tracks focusing on an album/time period from the bands discography.
"Live: Volume 1 – Selections From Adrenaline" track listing:
Side A:
"Minus Blindfold"
"Teething"
Side B:
"Nosebleed"
"Engine No. 9"
The releases will emerge throughout the year with the final offering in the series due in stores as part of this years 'Black Friday' (November 29th), 'Record Store Day' festivities.

FlyingPiranha

They'd better start hustling, then. We don't even have a date for the ATF release yet.
Electric Factory 5.10.2011 // Sherman Theater 3.12.2013 // Sands Bethlehem 8.02.2016 // Festival Pier 6.17.2017

Cullision

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on May 18, 2013, 08:26 AM
I have high for hopes for the rest having heard this one, it's about time they released some decent live stuff, I'm especially looking forward to the ATF, WP and ST ones there's lots of amazingly raw performances from that time. I wonder what show they'll use from the Around the Fur era I wouldn't mind if they used the Bizzare 98 festival stuff ,it's one of my favourite boots but they probably have a ton of good shit to chose from.

I can't wait for the ST release. I hope they use some real wicked performance of needles and pins.

buddyboy101

Quote from: Cullision on Jun 11, 2013, 10:19 AM
I have high for hopes for the rest having heard this one, it's about time they released some decent live stuff, I'm especially looking forward to the ATF, WP and ST ones there's lots of amazingly raw performances from that time. I wonder what show they'll use from the Around the Fur era I wouldn't mind if they used the Bizzare 98 festival stuff ,it's one of my favourite boots but they probably have a ton of good shit to chose from.

I can't wait for the ST release. I hope they use some real wicked performance of needles and pins.

I recall Needles and Pins was rarely played when ST was released and it still remains a rarity.  I'm banking on Minerva, Bloody Cape, Hexagram, and just maybe WGTB.

Martin

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Jun 12, 2013, 06:21 PM

I recall Needles and Pins was rarely played when ST was released and it still remains a rarity.  I'm banking on Minerva, Bloody Cape, Hexagram, and just maybe WGTB.

Who knows? The first one so far had neither singles from 'Adrenaline'.

Anyway, yes, totally looking forward to the S/T live vinyl. Really got back into it (yet again) recently. Deathblow would be amazing.

mono

Quote from: Martin on Jun 12, 2013, 07:21 PM

Anyway, yes, totally looking forward to the S/T live vinyl. Really got back into it (yet again) recently. Deathblow would be amazing.

deathblow live in vinyl quality...

sing blue silver

My wish track list for the ST live vinyl is as follows:

Hexagram
Deathblow
Battle Axe
Bloody Cape (because that ending always kicks ass)
And just maybe When Girls Telephone Boys

ignore the fashion

I was thinking the other day, they did play like linus live on the taste of chaos tour, maybe we will get that or at least I can hope so.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: ignore the fashion on Jun 13, 2013, 03:26 AM
I was thinking the other day, they did play like linus live on the taste of chaos tour, maybe we will get that or at least I can hope so.
Nah there's no way we'd get that, the chances of there being a good recording are slim and I also think it would go against the whole idea behind these vinyls which is live performances of songs from there respective eras.

Hank

I hope for the next release

Dai
Mascara
Damone
Rickets

Like someone pointed out , the other release didn't have any lead singles so i hope this can be somewhat a reality.

MaximumPezcore

I'm really hoping the White Pony one will have Teenager on it, but I'm not as well educated on their live stuff as you guys are, has that song ever been played live?

endstand

hello memory lover, you are mine

luisch

Quote from: MaximumPezcore on Jun 15, 2013, 12:07 AM
I'm really hoping the White Pony one will have Teenager on it, but I'm not as well educated on their live stuff as you guys are, has that song ever been played live?

Deftones - Teenager (live)
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

DeftonesNZ

It was played alot as like an intro song with just Chino and Frank on stage wasn't it?

luisch

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jun 15, 2013, 01:49 AM
It was played alot as like an intro song with just Chino and Frank on stage wasn't it?

yup, like a encore I think
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Penicks

Quote from: luisch on Jun 15, 2013, 12:56 AM

absolutely iconic

Martin

Quote from: illmono on Jun 12, 2013, 09:10 PM
Quote from: Martin on Jun 12, 2013, 07:21 PM

deathblow live in vinyl quality...

LOL

mono

Quote from: luisch on Jun 15, 2013, 12:56 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9UUAeHJTTk

NYRexall

You can already see what is going to happen here:

The band is going to stagger these limited edition 12"ers over a period of time in specialty stores to send both fans and collectors scrambling.

then, about three months after the seventh and final 12" is released, news of a deluxe boxset containing ALL seven live EPs plus...oh, I don't know...maybe an additional live EP heretofor unreleased or maybe ANOTHER lithograph just to make the whole thing exclusive.

The going rate? Probably about $200. So Deftones easily make your money on the first seven EPs, then easily make MORE of your MONEY on a boxset collection of the stuff you already have.

And I'll probably be first in line for that shit, too  ;D