Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones: Live: Volume 1 – Selections from Adrenaline

Started by skinnypuppy, Mar 02, 2013, 12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignore the fashion

Quote from: defsteve on Mar 03, 2013, 07:20 PM
Deftones Live Volume 1--Selections from Adrenaline LP (tracks are Minus Blindfold and Teething b/w Nosebleed and Engine No.9 all live from Buffalo, NY on 10/13/96)

Source: http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com

Teething is my all time favorite song.

Hesperian Death-Horse!

I'm a little let down that there will only be 4 tracks considering they're dedicating a full 12" for each album. They could have easily fit 8 tracks at least from each album. I'm sure the price on each of these is going to be ridiculous.

DeftonesNZ

Is that a reliable source though? I would have thought there would have been more than 4.

defsteve

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Mar 04, 2013, 05:34 AM
Is that a reliable source though? I would have thought there would have been more than 4.

Deftones, etc. frontman Chino Moreno has revealed that the band are putting together a live vinyl release spanning their back catalogue. Moreno spoke of the bands plans on this past Thursday's episode of the 'Sixx Sense' radio show, stating:

"The last week and a half I've been having to go through all these tapes—we're putting out a live vinyl set... for every record we're going to put out like 4 or 5 songs from that time, that era. So I've been going through all these tapes from 96-96 and they're hard to listen to... Like seriously, I really feel we've gotten better as a band and me as a vocalist."
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

nineteen

I like it that there are only a handful of tracks.

slyartwork

DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I don't mind it's only a few songs from each era it's just annoying they're all gonna be separate releases

slyartwork

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Mar 04, 2013, 12:09 PM
Yeah I don't mind it's only a few songs from each era it's just annoying they're all gonna be separate releases

I collect. So the more releases the better.

skinnypuppy

I'd prefer full albums in live form, actually. Sorta bummed it's only a few tracks. Wouldn't that fit into a double sided 7"? Maybe one side of the 12" will be artwork or etched? Meh, whatever, it's still cool, I just think it's not fair to the albums. Every album has way more than just 4 or 5 essential tracks.

Random thought, imagine if all this retrospection Chino's going through turned into him deciding to go back to the rougher edgier sound... Not that I care either way; love both sounds. I do think they have grown as a band, too, obviously.

sing blue silver

Seems a bit of a money grab to release them all separately when you're only doing a few songs from each album.

ignore the fashion

Just my quick thoughts and maybe the reason for them introducing more songs off of Koi No Yokan recently into their live sets. This vinyl is going to be a 7 vinyl set, I am only assuming, one 12" release for each of their studio albums. Since they, according to Chino, are only going to contain 4-5 songs from each era I also assume the last release is going to be for songs off of Koi No Yokan. So they probably want to have a few different sources to pick from and pick which ones they think is the best.

So maybe this means a good quality live version of songs like Entombed and Romantic Dreams.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah maybe but I think most of it's just trying to get the new stuff out there they do this every-time they have a new album.

Hesperian Death-Horse!

I think if they were only going to release 4 to 5 songs from each album this could have easily been a single 3 or 4XLP release instead of 7 separate 12"'s. I'm sure I'll still collect them all (POKEMON!) but it kind of sucks that they couldn't have compiled more songs.

slyartwork

I bet it's new tactics for the record company/Warner. CD's don't sell much anymore. Vinyl is hot which means $$$. I think the band like it too to put out vinyl. Since the tapes popped up and Chino started listening too them it could be he liked to hear it back and thought. Let's make selections and put it out.

lungdamage

^ he said it was a tad painful to go through the material from back then ;)
agree with the first bit though :)

deftones47

I remember finding a CD copy of some live Deftones release. It was at a used record/CD/cassette store. I didn't buy it, and now I regret not buying it.

But anyway, is this the release you're talking about? I think it is.

DeftonesNZ

No doubt it this is an unreleased one that's getting done for record store day

slyartwork

Quote from: deftones47 on Mar 07, 2013, 08:57 PM
I remember finding a CD copy of some live Deftones release. It was at a used record/CD/cassette store. I didn't buy it, and now I regret not buying it.

What are you talking about?
It's eighter a bootleg or the Live EP CD. The Live EP has awful live recordings from Amsterdam 1997 which the band themselves HATE intensely.

nineteen

Quote from: slyartwork on Mar 07, 2013, 11:23 PM
Quote from: deftones47 on Mar 07, 2013, 08:57 PM

What are you talking about?
It's eighter a bootleg or the Live EP CD. The Live EP has awful live recordings from Amsterdam 1997 which the band themselves HATE intensely.

I always hated those tracks at the time (heard them as the B-Sides on the My Own Summer single set). Put me off hearing anything recorded live by them for ages.

This is why I'm a bit apprehensive about these new vinyl sets.

DeftonesNZ

I think it will be done right this time especially with Chino so involved in the selection process, he won't want anything less than the best plus I think that last one was just an attempt at getting some quick cash, it probably had very little effort put in to it ,alot of people don't actually knows it's an official release most think it's a boot.