Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Socionic (Tool-ish style)

Started by DaniknifeParty Ænema, Mar 08, 2013, 04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaniknifeParty Ænema

(So while the new TOOL album is not released) I remember listening to some demos of the band,but "now" they released their EP,
the band is heavily influenced by tool worth listening to at least once ...
So if you are a TOOL fan give it a chance and share some similiar bands if you know ;)

Identity of Socionic

lyrics:

The smoke has overcome me, my eyes will set me free.

Force inside.
I've found an end, and all that you've shown me
Is not enough to derive.

There must me more than this.
There must be more...
So I carry on...

Prying and pulling and seeking and looking
I reach through the dark
Forever...

Socionic - Ignorant Idiot

lyrics:
Its all so difficult to see
Following your narcissist philosophy
And hearing you worshipping yourself
Wearing all the arrogance and pride that fit you oh so well

So tell me now, what gives you the right
To elevate yourself, whenever you decide
To carry on like your presence is adored
Craving the attention, wanting more and more and more

Ignorant idiot, your fucking pride is so difficult to subdue
I'll introduce you to the Devil himself and it wouldn't change you

So what's your secret to perfection
And where'd you find this infinite wisdom
Its all a lie, everything you've said
And all the times you fail its justified inside your head

But you're so blind and unaware
And you're so deaf and dumb and scared
You're so full of self infatuation, you're nothing more than just failed intentions

Ignorant idiot, your fucking pride is so difficult to subdue
Its getting harder to contain myself with every word out of your mouth
Right now I want nothing more than to see you come down

One day, you'll realize you're only fooling yourself

Ignorant idiot, you're fucking pride is so difficult to subdue
Its getting harder to contain myself with every word out of your mouth
Right now I want nothing more than to see you come down

He had a lot to say...
He had a lot of nothing to say.

DeftonesNZ

I don't like it, it's like they've only taken the bad parts of Tool the first song is like those uneventful interlude songs that I'm pretty sure everyone skips but that Tool keeps putting on their albums and you can't even hear the vocals, I had more hope for the second song but it just had none of that Tool atmosphere I love with Erie riffs and explosive breakdowns the song doesn't go anywhere it starts high and stays high until the end, I think good songs should build and fall it keeps the listener engaged otherwise it just becomes background noise it was like a radio edit of a normal Tool song. The singer wasn't bad but you could tell he was trying too hard to sound like Maynard but he needs to realize there's only one Maynard and he needs to find his own vocal sound.

DaniknifeParty Ænema

you should be more carefull,when you criticize(anything)
"uneventful interlude songs that I'm pretty sure everyone skips but that Tool keeps putting on their albums and you can't even hear the vocals" this is totally in all the ways false.

Tool - Message to Harry Manback (with lyrics)

now about socionic, i only shared the tool-ish songs,we can agree on that, in that view your comment don`t make sense when you hear the other songs.
Anyway i will not judge the sound in that way (first ep), the guys from the band said that they are very inspired by the sound of NIN,Tool,Deftones and Porcupine Tree, i think they have alot of potencial, anyway, it's your opinion and if by chance you know better bands (in your view) in this style, share.

Peace

He had a lot to say...

Jacob

Sounds nothing like Tool to me.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

DaniknifeParty Ænema

Quote from: Jacob on Mar 09, 2013, 05:15 PM
Sounds nothing like Tool to me.

This is simply a person be uneducated or simply deaf, if you can`t hear the singer's voice like maynard (and here I agree with deftonesNZ he tries to be too much like maynard, in the music Ignorant Idiot) you're deaf.

Now to have a voice like Maynard, It does not mean that the band is like tool. A good ex is

Earshot - Get Away (Video)

BUT

If we go in a deeper analysis (The Name of the Band and Their message) Socionic in psychology and sociology, is a theory of information processing and personality type, distinguished by its information model of the psyche (called "Model A") and a model of interpersonal relations. It incorporates Carl Jung's work ... blablabla ... even here ... some influences as the Tool ... even in the fuc*ing video you can see the artwork influenced by Tool... When you say Sounds NOTHING like tool i don`t get it in what way, You were very vague in your comment and its too easy for me say that you are simply wrong...or they have to totally copy Tool in the drums bass and guitar ... they are influenced by Tool...its not Tool...
Anyway its your opinion,You were very vague in your comment i create this topic to share some new Bands in this Genre (Tool-ish) you know so when you say that,its not very cool, and if you share one band that in your point of view its like Tool i will enjoy it and understand you a little more

He had a lot to say...

DeftonesNZ

Are you in this band or something? they're pretty shit but you keep defending them, I was referring to that first song you posted when I said you couldn't hear the lyrics and it reminded my of those annoying songs like Lypan Conjuring and Cesaro Summability, This like a poor man's karaoke version of Tool why would I want to listen to a worse version of Tool, If I want to hear something like Tool I'll listen to Tool especially since this band hasn't implemented what makes Tool special there's none of the epicness or the unpredictable bursts of energy, If this band was going to try emulate another bands sound and style they needed to do it well, when bands fail like this one they're useless because they don't sound enough like  for Tool fans to enjoy and because they're are trying to copy Tool they don't have their own unique sound either.

DaniknifeParty Ænema

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Mar 09, 2013, 09:44 PM
Are you in this band or something? they're pretty shit but you keep defending them, I was referring to that first song you posted when I said you couldn't hear the lyrics and it reminded my of those annoying songs like Lypan Conjuring and Cesaro Summability, This like a poor man's karaoke version of Tool why would I want to listen to a worse version of Tool, If I want to hear something like Tool I'll listen to Tool especially since this band hasn't implemented what makes Tool special there's none of the epicness or the unpredictable bursts of energy, If this band was going to try emulate another bands sound and style they needed to do it well, when bands fail like this one they're useless because they don't sound enough like  for Tool fans to enjoy and because they're are trying to copy Tool they don't have their own unique sound either.

You are laughable...

First - you re the one attacking the band, I'm not who is defending the band

Second -  "I was referring to that first song you posted when I said you couldn't hear the lyrics and it reminded my of those annoying songs like Lypan Conjuring and Cesaro Summability" actually the first song that i posted have lyrics , Lypan Conjuring and Cesaro Summability NOT

Third - You read a topic "Socionic (Tool-ish Style)" so what did you do,
ASSUMING THAT "why would I want to listen to a worse version of Tool, If I want to hear something like Tool I'll listen to Tool"
SO
what are you saying to me is I AM A FUCKING IDIOT THAT I KNOW if I want to listen to a worse version of Tool, If I want to hear something like Tool I'll listen to Tool, but i will lost my time listening something that i know "if I want to listen to a worse version of Tool, If I want to hear something like Tool I'll listen to Tool" BUT this is not enough i will lost more time analyzing the band and waste more time to write a comment why i dislike

Fourth - No im not in band like i said in my last comment i create this topic to share some bands in this Tool-ish style,so if dont come here to make this topic more interesting with new bands,nice comments and some constructive not destrutive, i guess this is our last conversation and like i said before i only shared the tool-ish songs your comment dont make sense when you hear the other songs.

Fifht - The band its shit, so you are a genius that create a new genre without influences,can you please illuminate myself and share your special band with the world?

He had a lot to say...

DeftonesNZ

Yeah but in the first song you can't hear the lyrics so it's just like those songs, This band is fucking shit get over it and actually read what you wrote it makes no fucking sense at all are you using google translator or something it's completely unintelligible .

DaniknifeParty Ænema

you really need special attention, Buy some swabs and maybe you will hear something, unfortunately you cant buy a brain, By the way I am not your psychiatrist and I'm not in any clinic,i'm in one forum with one topic...you already give your point,move on...You get over it, i`m in the topic that i create REMEMBER... funny how one person that sucks writing in English shows you how laughable you are, i already interpreted what you said, now try do the same... and move...or if you have balls show to the world your band, i will be the first person to comment on that, then we will see how big you think you are its really funny criticize the others work when you dont show NOTHING...lol

He had a lot to say...

DeftonesNZ

It still sounds like you're personally attached to the band you're just too defensive, Also this is the internet I'm allowed to say a band is shit if that's what I think and furthermore I don't need to provide an alternative band to justify my opinion just look above you has anyone said anything good about this band except you? NO, get some fucking musical taste and English lessons while you're at it , are you typing with your fucking elbow? how can you prove how laughable I am when no one can understand your bastardized version of the language it's honestly horrible it's impossible to infer what you're saying when you have no appreciation for basic sentence structure.

Jacob

What can I say, you create a topic about a band supposed to sound like Tool and you link to a song that sounds nothing like Tool. I simply pointed out that they sound nothing like Tool. They share none of the qualities that make Tool what they are. Ok, so this band stole their imagery from Tool, but that doesn't in any way make them sound any more like Tool.

Judging the band on their own merits, I'd say they sound ok albeit a bit bland.

DeftonesNZ

Haha I love his reply to your first comment "This is simply a person be uneducated" the irony of that statement is hilarious

DaniknifeParty Ænema

Jacob i accept that its your opinion,you know its just little too much say that they sound NOTHING like Tool and i already said the points that they have influences of Tool you know i only answer to you because it was really vague, I love Tool and any band that are compared to Tool and im not talking about similiar bands or Tool-ish bands, any band that people compare to Tool the fanatic fans of Tool and the majority (including myself sometimes) thash the others bands completely, last year one big magazine i dont remember the name right know, made a online contest of the best vocalist, Maynard thrashed completely the other vocalists in the votes but in the section of comments all the people bash the vocalists of the other bands and that sucks. we can have our taste but respect the others work... im not convincing anyone that this band is great or are like tool for gods sake or the new Tool. im just saying if you like Tool you know 6 years without a release its a little too much and instead of talking shit about how they are a assholes for that i only search for some news bands inspired in their sound, this video that i shared dont have even 50 views, that is the ep of the band, WOW its just really annoying read comments like this guy defNZ im just sharing one band in their begging, that i think that have alot of potential and this guy are trashing the band like we are talking about some big band, chill out man,if you dont like dont trash the band, im not saying for you showing some similar bands im saying for you show your REALLY OWN BAND because the way you talk its childish and you right this internet but really makes me want smack your face whats your problem? are you insane...what a retard.  you are free to comment but dont talk like you are more than the others. Know your place!

He had a lot to say...

DeftonesNZ

I don't need my own band to comment on another band I simply listened objectively and gave my honest opinion and gave evidence to justify that opinion, I presented a well constructed argument and you replied with insults calling people dumb,deaf and fucking idiots and yet somehow I'm childish even though I was the one addressing the music whilst you resorted to petty insults, take a long hard look at yourself and as for wanting to punch me in the face I'd love to see you try.

DaniknifeParty Ænema

Look at myself lol i only create a topic and said something like give it a chance and share some tool-ish bands if you know, i didn`t say share your opinion in this unknown band... if you were a nice guy, you listening and if you like it you post something nice or shared some other band...but NO you act like you have the right of saying whatever you want...
  "I simply listened objectively and gave my honest opinion and gave evidence to justify that opinion" you dont make any sense, if you were a nice guy id never said anything that maybe is offensive but you are annoying read our conversation and say where i say something that wasn't true...(and you feel offended because i said the true and you act like a child) your grammar sucks my cock is bigger blablabla man serious...   

He had a lot to say...

DeftonesNZ

But I do have the right of saying what ever I want this is a public forum you should expect some negative opinions that's how forums work I wasn't just shit talking them for the sake of it I gave valid reasons for why I disliked them, none of your assumptions about me are true I just hate people that feel the need to start attacking someone with an opposing viewpoint if you don't agree with my opinion that's cool but don't try insult me on a personal level when you know fuck all about me instead argue your side using a constructed argument, as soon as you resort to name calling any chance of a real discussion goes away and it degrades into a shit slinging contest. You're too defensive and quick to attack people personally all the other guy said above was they don't sound like Tool and straight away you took to calling him deaf and uneducated, you're not going to last long on here if you resort to attacking anyone who disagrees with you.

DaniknifeParty Ænema

I know and its because of that i dont like to comment and trust me i rarely read anything that the other persons says, and im really nice guy and i believe that you are too but i take shit too serious this the first time that im in one forum and maybe this is only the first times, i just react like that because i remember that i was to vote for deftones in golden gods topics or something like that and i read on comments, one by you saying slipknot sucks soads sucks or something like that and your nickname stayed in my head like one guy that everything sucks you know and when i read that comments of yours maybe i was judging wrong i hope,just dont fight with me in this first times lol XD i will try be more nicer in my comments too and nothing of this is really personal you know this is just for people share some bands.

Peace Out

He had a lot to say...

Jacob

DaniknifeParty Ænema

He had a lot to say...