Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chino Running Away From Fans?

Started by tpmullens, Mar 15, 2013, 01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tpmullens

I was at the Montclair, NJ  show last Sunday where myself and about 10 other fans waited for the band to come out after the show. Every member came out separately and were super nice. Stef and Sergio were probably out there for 30 minutes just talking to everyone. Then I saw Chino start to come out of the alley then he put his phone up to his ear and ran into the bus putting his finger up at us like saying "hold on just one minute" and he never came out. I don't care about it that much but i just find it weird cuz I see vids of him at meet and greets being really friendly and social but I've read about how he always "looks busy" or was "doing something". There were people there that night that said they were at the NYC show the night before and Chino pretty much did the same thing. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

shoop

You don't care that much but you signed up just to make a new thread for this? Why not just post it in the bullshit thread.

Starz

He hates New Jersey. That's what the Battle-Axe lyrics are about; his hatred for New Jersey.

tpmullens

Quote from: shoop on Mar 15, 2013, 01:15 AM
You don't care that much but you signed up just to make a new thread for this? Why not just post it in the bullshit thread.
Very nice...

skinnypuppy

Heaven forbid one of the most respected and busy men in the metal industry not be in the mood to sign autographs or chit-chat with 30+ people at 2AM in New Jersey. Heaven forbid. How dare he.

Meanwhile, in reality...

DeftonesNZ

I would do the same sometimes if i was him, everyone gets in that mood occasionally especially when the majority of fans all say the same thing.

nicklav

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Mar 15, 2013, 02:44 AM
Heaven forbid one of the most respected and busy men in the metal industry not be in the mood to sign autographs or chit-chat with 30+ people at 2AM in New Jersey. Heaven forbid. How dare he.

Meanwhile, in reality...

shoop

Quote from: tpmullens on Mar 15, 2013, 01:19 AM
Quote from: shoop on Mar 15, 2013, 01:15 AM
Very nice...
No, really. I wasn't trying to be a dick. There's an actual Deftones Bullshit thread for stuff like this.

VictorPL

I actually had chino come looking for me after i asked him to take a pic! ha! no joke.

chinomoreno876

I mean they have been together for 25 years now right? thats a looong time to be doing that so i totally get it!!

punkflop01

For God Sakes - your paying to see them perform their music. That doesn't mean you are entitled to a guaranteed hand job from each one of the members.

sing blue silver

Chino actually just hates being bothered by fans for pictures and autographs and all that. He's actually stated it a few times in interviews and such. It's only really been the last few years but he finds it annoying. I don't bother trying to meet the band after shows anymore. It's always a giant collection of douchebags, fanboys and girls who are like "OMG Chino is sew hawt! He's like mah husband n' I luv him!!". Fucking disgusts me. I'd rather just go back to the hotel after a show than spend any amount of time in the presence of those morons. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't blame him. I couldn't imagine having to deal with those kind of fans every single night. Not saying there all bad but, lets be real here, a good 80-90% of the kids you see out back after a Deftones show are idiots with a false sense of entitlement.

normsteez

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Mar 15, 2013, 02:44 AM

Meanwhile, in reality...

this

Last year at the Sonar Show in Baltimore, while I was walking to the Venue, I spotted Chino just walking around  on the street.

I walked up to him, said whats up, told him I was looking forward to the show  and asked for a picture. I think if you just be cool around them and act like they are regular dudes they appreciate it. But if you get all "fan boy" and shit, I think it kind of freaks them out.

He was cool as shit to me and my friend that day.

May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

pinkmaggit69

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I've had the exact same experience.

Drinks won't stain this birth!

TheShade1989

Quote from: sing blue silver on Mar 15, 2013, 01:24 PM
Chino actually just hates being bothered by fans for pictures and autographs and all that. He's actually stated it a few times in interviews and such. It's only really been the last few years but he finds it annoying. I don't bother trying to meet the band after shows anymore. It's always a giant collection of douchebags, fanboys and girls who are like "OMG Chino is sew hawt! He's like mah husband n' I luv him!!". Fucking disgusts me. I'd rather just go back to the hotel after a show than spend any amount of time in the presence of those morons. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't blame him. I couldn't imagine having to deal with those kind of fans every single night. Not saying there all bad but, lets be real here, a good 80-90% of the kids you see out back after a Deftones show are idiots with a false sense of entitlement.

But he has spent a lotta time chilling with ppl and being nice, ppl have had good experiences of meeting him too, so he must not hate it all, just has his moments? Either way, I dont find it weird. Sergio seems like a constantly happy person, and so does Stef and Abe. Dont know about Frank, he always seems quiet, and as for Chino, I've always considered him to change often. If he's feeling extra tired or whatever he might just wanna relax, not mess around meeting all the fans who want pictures and autographs and everything. I think it's normal, they have lives outside of music, afterall.

Inkblades

Can't say that I blame him. Just picture your average Deftones fan. Yikes.

BillyNo.9

lftpp

while reading this i thought i was at the Justin Bieber forum...then i look up to the header and confirmed i was in SL  :-X

laurapalmer

I have met/ran into many famous people and while I've never had the pleasure of running into any member of Deftones, I think the second you ask for an autograph it seems to become completely disingenuous. I've certainly never asked for an autograph but I have found that the most responsive I've gotten from these musicians/celebrities is just a simple "hey, love your stuff" and then move on. Sometimes that is enough for them to move back towards you.

deftoolsys07

Quote from: laurapalmer on Mar 16, 2013, 10:56 AM
I have met/ran into many famous people and while I've never had the pleasure of running into any member of Deftones, I think the second you ask for an autograph it seems to become completely disingenuous. I've certainly never asked for an autograph but I have found that the most responsive I've gotten from these musicians/celebrities is just a simple "hey, love your stuff" and then move on. Sometimes that is enough for them to move back towards you.

This is true.
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/