Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Albums of 2013.

Started by theis, Mar 26, 2013, 01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sing blue silver

A lot of people write off Senses Fail as an "emo hardcore postpunk blah blah blah" band and yes they've been guilty of that but this new album entitled "Renacer" (produced by Shaun Lopez) is well on it's way to becoming my album of the year. A huge progression and departure for the band partly due to 2 new guitar players and it's just a powerful, uplifting, brutal and complete feeling album. I've had it on repeat since it's release. One of my favourite Senses Fail records already. I highly recommend giving it a listen even if you have never had an interest in the band before. Something here might strike you here. I can't gush about it enough. Slopez really nailed the production and the band are at top form. Seriously, give it a chance.

sing blue silver

Another one sure to be a favourite of mine. Just fucking ill.

bright lights, big city

Tried out Senses Fail, and couldn't really get into it. Mi Amor was a pretty good song though.

Wolf, on the other hand, is incredible.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

sing blue silver

Haha. As long as ya gave it a shot. It's not for everyone. But yes, wolf is fucking amazing.

bright lights, big city

Been listening to it a lot. Just heard Lone, the last track on Wolf, on my way home. Heavy stuff.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

DERP

Crazylegs

sing blue silver

I dig that. Asleep reminds me of The Cure.

Geogaddii

So BoC has sent 6 vinyl copies to random record stores..... 1 has been found... 5 are still being looked for. wtf is going on!?!?! :o

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Crazylegs

Crazylegs

ah. While we're on the subject of Record Store Day, did you get any of the records? So far i've only bought the Nick Drake release, and i'll probably get my hands on the Adrenaline live vinyl too.

nineteen

Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 10, 2013, 07:03 PM

A lot of people write off Senses Fail as an "emo hardcore postpunk blah blah blah" band and yes they've been guilty of that but this new album entitled "Renacer" (produced by Shaun Lopez) is well on it's way to becoming my album of the year. A huge progression and departure for the band partly due to 2 new guitar players and it's just a powerful, uplifting, brutal and complete feeling album. I've had it on repeat since it's release. One of my favourite Senses Fail records already. I highly recommend giving it a listen even if you have never had an interest in the band before. Something here might strike you here. I can't gush about it enough. Slopez really nailed the production and the band are at top form. Seriously, give it a chance.

Dig this record too, mate. It's mega heavy in an emotional sense and it packs some punch.

only pieces remain

the flaming lips - the terror

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

sing blue silver

Weerd Science - Red Light Juliet

Just came out today and its fucking phenomenal. I'm a huge weerd science fan and recommend them to anyone into hip hop. Grab this one as soon as you can.

Fav tracks - Evil Genius, Nightmares for a ...Ever, Rebel Indie.

luisch

Quote from: sing blue silver on May 21, 2013, 06:45 PM
Weerd Science - Red Light Juliet

Just came out today and its fucking phenomenal. I'm a huge weerd science fan and recommend them to anyone into hip hop. Grab this one as soon as you can.

Fav tracks - Evil Genius, Nightmares for a ...Ever, Rebel Indie.

Thanks man, downloading.

For me, this, una y otra vez.

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

only pieces remain

yes, new queens is def up there.

also i would add:

a pale horse named death - lay my soul to waste

it was released today and it fucking kills.

only pieces remain

Zantera

Lots of amazing music so far this year. My favorites would be The Knife, My Bloody Valentine, Altar of Plagues, Olafur Arnalds and The Dillinger Escape Plan.