Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

My most heartfelt album recommendations

Started by JellyClub, Mar 31, 2013, 04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JellyClub

I am the pickiest person I've ever met. Music has to be perfect for me. So here are some perfect albums. I hope you investigate and enjoy them. Any criticism is fine.

(Band name)
(Album name)
(Genre)
(Info)
(preview)
-----------------------

Tool
Lateralus
Art/Prog metal? They always bitch about being genre'd.

Everybody knows Tool, and everybody's got an opinion about them. But whatever your opinion is, if you haven't sat down in a dark room or gone on a night walk with this album, you are missing out on a wonderful emotional experience. It is dark and distant, but glows with a mystical force. It has accompanied me on many mushroom trips.

Tool - Lateralus(FULL ALBUM, HD AND HQ)

----------------------------------

Amethystium
Aphelion (and if you like Aphelion, get Odonata as well)
New Age / instrumental / spiritual

There is Godspeed, and there is Amethystium. All other bands of this genre are inspired by one or both of them. I prefer Amethystium, because the music is so rich in melody; its fullness is supremely entrancing, and you don't have to wait 13 minutes for a song to start. Every single Amethystium album is fantastic, but Aphelion was my first and favorite. It's like walking through a dream. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS ALBUM for sex, sleep, studying, meditating, etc.

Amethystium - Shadow to Light

-------------------------------------------

VNV Nation
Empires
Industrial

This is my all time favorite band. Of all time. No music can move me to tears as quickly or forcefully as VNV. The singer has a raspy smoker's voice, but the real beauty of their music is the lyrics. They are empowering, spiritual, and deeply personal, unlike anything I've ever heard of read before. This man is a true poet. If you look online, you will find many testimonies from thousands of people all over the world claiming that VNV Nation prevented their suicide, helped them through battles with cancer or loss, etc.

On my personal Facebook page, you can see a photo of VNV Nation reading my letter to the audience. They helped me find the strength to endure a severe illness.

VNV Nation - Standing

http://www.facebook.com/felixvaltiel

JellyClub

DJR

Janes Addiction
The Great Escape Artist

One of my favourite  bands, and one of my favourite albums. Strays and this album were always going to be different to the first two..they're older now and Avery left, but it's still instantly got a Janes sound. Great production, great vocals and every song is just fucking cool and well written!

"Twisted Tales" Official Jane's Addiction Lyric Video

black coffee

Quote from: JellyClub on Mar 31, 2013, 04:24 AM
I am the pickiest person I've ever met.

Unfortunately I've been locked in my body since I was born and never got a chance to climb out of it, but meeting myself one day would be the coolest thing ever to happen ;)

Zantera

Lateralus is amazing. I'm also a huge fan of Jane's Addiction though while I found The Great Escape Artist to be good, it doesn't beat Nothing's Shocking or Ritual De Lo Habitual.

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: black coffee on Apr 12, 2013, 02:59 PM
Quote from: JellyClub on Mar 31, 2013, 04:24 AM
I am the pickiest person I've ever met.

Unfortunately I've been locked in my body since I was born and never got a chance to climb out of it, but meeting myself one day would be the coolest thing ever to happen ;)
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat