Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chi

Started by Sugartolove, Apr 14, 2013, 01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sugartolove

I'm very sorry to tell you all this but I have very sad news.

I will post what Gina Blackmore shared with me on my Chi page:

From Mom J:

Our dearest Family,
This is the hardest thing to write to you. Your love and heart and devotion to Chi was unconditional and amazing.
I know that you will always remember him as a giant of a man on stage with a heart for every one of you.
He was taken to the emegency room and at 3 am today his heart just suddenly stopped. He left this world with
me singing songs he liked in his ear.
He fought the good fight.You stood by him sending love daily. He knew that he was very loved and never alone.
I will write more later. I will be going through the oneloveforchi and any other information may not be reliable.
If you have any stories or messages to share please send them to the onelove site. Please hold Mae and Ming
and the siblings and especially Chi's son, Gabriel in your prayers. It is so hard to let go.
With great love and "Much Respect!" Mom J (and Chi) — with Jeanne Marie Cheng and Chi Cheng Prayer Page.

RIP Chi.

bojosoto

This is the worst thing to wake up too. Chi will always be remembered as a genuine guy that was very passionate and loving. Thoughts are with Gabriel and the rest of the guys in the band.

DeftonesNZ

RIP Chi... man this was unexpected he had been doing well for weeks according to onelove and then this, The world has lost an amazing person,my thoughts to his family and friends.

Sushi-X

Rocket Skates '94

devilinside

FlyingPiranha

This is devastating. The way he fought, and how much support he had, didn't let me believe that this was a possibility. R.I.P., Chi.
Electric Factory 5.10.2011 // Sherman Theater 3.12.2013 // Sands Bethlehem 8.02.2016 // Festival Pier 6.17.2017

Cullision

This is awful, I was really hoping he would pull through. He seemed to be getting better.

RIP Chi, you will always be remembered.

kurtone

Horrible news. RIP Chi.

Sugartolove

Yes, momma told me he had been stable and doing well for 3 weeks in a row. This was what I posted on the One love for Chi site recently. Then he was admitted to the ER and was treated for sepsis, but as you saw it was his heart that gave up in the end.

The One love for Chi website is down right now, must have crashed with the amount of traffic. I'm sure they will post more on the website soon.

iceache

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

man that sucks so fucking much

Visitant

R.I.P. Chi  :'(
"I really can't help it.  It's either this or prison."

sing blue silver

Absolutely gutted by this news. I've never actually cried over the news of a "celebrity" death but this man warrants it. He'll be deeply missed by me.

Soulfly
Fly high
Soulfly
Fly free

dufftones

:[ I'll never forget you chi, hearing you read your poetry in that coffee shop was one of the best nights of my life.  See you someday soon brother.

lftpp

RoyalDeftonicBoy

SHIT! :'( Fuck man

RIP Chi  thank you for being one of my inspirations to play bass and thank you for all the fantastic music you gave me through all these years :'(

Inkblades

Rest in peace, Chi. Thanks for all the great music.

only pieces remain

ignore the fashion

RIP Chi, you will be missed.

Bza々

FUCK. RIP Chi.

I've been watching so many videos lately from the ST and WP days and it's really sunk in just how much a part of the deftones I fell in love with he was. He was a beast on bass and his backup vocals were so fucking good, not to mention he probably had the coolest personality in the band.

shoop