Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chi

Started by Sugartolove, Apr 14, 2013, 04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

976-EVIL

My heart breaks for the Cheng Family especially Gabe. Chi was a bright shining star that was gone way too soon.

I had no idea how hard this would hit me and all of us I am sure.

Rest in peace Dai see you on the other side....
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Bza々

Quote from: jaypayton on Apr 15, 2013, 12:16 AM
time to release Eros

pretty cunty thing to say in this thread.

Numina

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Apr 14, 2013, 11:08 PM
Actually, I kind of feel good for Chi. He had been in limbo for many years now, and my biggest wish for him was to just be in peace-be it here or not.
Let's not forget we all loved Chi very dearly in life & death, that he gave us all his energy onstage and sense of humour and he really knew how much we appreciate him.

I feel sad about his passing but with a sunny side twist like you have. It sucks that he didn't pull through and make his recovery, but he fought damn hard through the comatose state for 4 years, which is pretty fucking admirable of him. It's comforting to know that he's out of any pain and discomfort that he was in and think of all the lives he's touched through music, think of the difference he's made in all us and multiply that 10,000 fold. He may be gone but he's left a crater-sized mark on the world and he definitely won't be forgotten.

Inkblades

Very well said. He doesn't have to suffer any longer.

I also just want to say to everyone to always remember to wear a seat belt. Always. It can save your life.

shoop

here's a pretty funny little story from Mike Shinoda: http://mikeshinoda.com/2013/04/14/rip-chi/

cvthedrv

Quote from: shoop on Apr 15, 2013, 02:16 AM
here's a pretty funny little story from Mike Shinoda: http://mikeshinoda.com/2013/04/14/rip-chi/

thats really incredible.

jaypayton

by releasing Eros, its  a testament to Chi...rather than some lame press release written by a manger

luisch

Quote from: jaypayton on Apr 15, 2013, 03:39 AM
by releasing Eros, its  a testament to Chi...rather than some lame press release written by a manger

for real? is the only thing you can think in this moment?
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Vesanique

I was out the whole weekend, I heard about it at like 10 today. Fuck.

This is terrible. Chi's unique presence onstage has definitely done something in my perspective of live music, of emotional/artistical display. This band helped me go through loads, meet tons of great people, live many unforgettable experiences, and a guy from that band is now gone. And through all the stories shared, we can all see how special and kind he was. It is truly unfair.

I never had any kind of concrete real hope to see him up again. I guess it was just that selfish naive dream, as a fan, to see one of my "heroes" up there again. Most of us thought he would go. Despite that, I'm fucking shocked, I can hardly believe this is real.

But like a few others have said, it is good and relieving, in some way, to know that he's free. He can rock out all he wants up there.

It is a sad day for music, and not only that, of course.

R.I.P. Chi Cheng

DeftonesNZ

I never thought he would be on stage again either but I hoped he would at-least be able see his son grow up .It's hit me pretty hard not just because he's from my favourite band but because I know what a genuinely kind and down to earth guy he was, he deserved to die peacefully as an old man not like this, at least he experienced alot in the time he had , he toured the world doing what he loved with his best friends and had a family. He will never be forgotten.

FlyingPiranha

I keep hoping in the back of my mind that I'll come on here and this will be revealed as some sick joke, but I know that's not going to happen. This really sucks.
Electric Factory 5.10.2011 // Sherman Theater 3.12.2013 // Sands Bethlehem 8.02.2016 // Festival Pier 6.17.2017

E-Money

Lets all celebrate his life today.  He was a great man with a big heart.  We will all remember him by his music and the impact he made on all of us.  I'm so glad I got to meet him. 

RIP Chi 

chi

chi or chi_cheng was my nickname in icq, #irc, my e-mail....... since 1998 i think.....
so sad... but i know chi is happy right now....

edit: sorry my english is poor

deftoner664

We all knew he was a great person with a beautiful and expressive heart and soul, and a strong one at that.. But no human being should have continued to endure the suffering he was submerged into.. Chi was in a internal prison for years, and unfortunately he wasn't able to pull through after all these years, but his soul is now at rest... He's given us a great gift, he is the essence of Deftones, we have lost a true piece of the puzzle. but it will forever live on with our memories though Deftones' music, photos, interviews, documentary, and personal memories that is unique to each of us regarding Mr. Cheng... R.I.P Chi
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

defTHE1s

Quote from: shoop on Apr 15, 2013, 02:16 AM
Nice story, I think seeing that photoshoot would be nice someday...
A part of me refuses to believe that is true and he's gone.. but the other part said no when I tried to listen to Self-Titled today as a tribute... I've seen a lot of videos of Deftones and Chi with my eyes wet... it's a hard time...
Still we all need to go head up across this situation..

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

RoyalDeftonicBoy

A candlelight vigil in honor of DEFTONES bassist Chi Cheng is planned for 6:30 p.m. tonight (Sunday, April 14) at Cesar Chavez Plaza in Sacramento, California.

IN WAVES

Rest in peace, Chi! I'll miss you, and so will the rest world. It's sad to think you're not around.

tarkil

Damn................ Just received an email from a friend telling me about that, I was off any kind of news for the week end, so I just saw the news.......... Heartbreaking news, even if that was a long time already that we didn't see that much improvements, I still had secret hopes that he would just wake up one day...

Now, even that tiny little hope is gone...
A great man left us, RIP Chi !   :(

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

bewareofrats

This is a sad sad thing.  My main concern is whether or not he found salvation by repenting of his sins and trusting in Jesus Christ for forgiveness.  Because that is the only way there will be any relief.  If I knew this was the case I would be incredibly happy for him and this would be a joyous occasion.  I really really hope so.  May his family and friends look to God for comfort and let this remind them how frail we all are and how any of us can go without a moment's notice.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Danny Keyes

Quote from: bewareofrats on Apr 15, 2013, 07:42 AM
This is a sad sad thing.  My main concern is whether or not he found salvation by repenting of his sins and trusting in Jesus Christ for forgiveness.  Because that is the only way there will be any relief.  If I knew this was the case I would be incredibly happy for him and this would be a joyous occasion.  I really really hope so.  May his family and friends look to God for comfort and let this remind them how frail we all are and how any of us can go without a moment's notice.

Chi was a Zen Buddhist im sure he had time to work on his own salvation.

rest in peace chi... you were an inspiration to us all. i have nothing but fond memories of Chi Cheng.  one love for chi!

btw has any of the band members given a statement or something?