Chi

Started by Sugartolove, Apr 14, 2013, 01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Penicks

my thoughts go out to the family.

snw9

My thoughts to the family. At least Chi will know that he had them by his side all these years.
Code: [Select]

Inkblades

Quote from: Danny Keyes on Apr 15, 2013, 06:43 AM
Quote from: bewareofrats on Apr 15, 2013, 04:42 AM
This is a sad sad thing.  My main concern is whether or not he found salvation by repenting of his sins and trusting in Jesus Christ for forgiveness.  Because that is the only way there will be any relief.  If I knew this was the case I would be incredibly happy for him and this would be a joyous occasion.  I really really hope so.  May his family and friends look to God for comfort and let this remind them how frail we all are and how any of us can go without a moment's notice.

Chi was a Zen Buddhist im sure he had time to work on his own salvation.

rest in peace chi... you were an inspiration to us all. i have nothing but fond memories of Chi Cheng.  one love for chi!

btw has any of the band members given a statement or something?

A lot of reports were saying that Chino posted "Rest in Peace Chi Cheng" on his Facebook, but it was a fake page. However, Chino did post this song on Twitter, which, in his own way, I believe was a tribute to Chi. Maybe it was a song Chi really loved?

Taj Mahal Johnny Too Bad

usefulidiot

Haven't posted here much, but was regular on the old deftones boards (the other, now defunct forums), where I remember Chi posting often under the bands login, Big Brothers. Felt special each time they would take time to talk to us, the login name they used says everything about how they feel about their fans. I feel privileged to have seen him play live.

Prayers, thoughts and much love to his family, including the band.

He is finally free. Rock In Peace brother.

play

Rest in peace Cheng. I fucking love you.

DenOndaNissen

Another hero has fallen. Rest in piece Chi!

And God bless you, For the song you saved us...

bewareofrats

rest in peace chi... you were an inspiration to us all. i have nothing but fond memories of Chi Cheng.  one love for chi!

Salvation isn't something you can 'work' on.  The only way to Heaven is through Christ.  It is by faith alone in Jesus Christ alone.  Not of works, lest any man should boast.  All the glory belongs to God.

I am not posting this to get into anything.  I will not debate as that's not the point and there isn't anything to debate about anyway.  I will talk about it if anyone is truly open to the Word of God but will not argue about it.  I am posting this because it's relevant to the topic and your post and it's the truth.  Not because I believe it but because it is from God's Word, thus 100% trust-worthy.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

N0S3BLEED976

Stop imposing your own belief on someone else. Seriously, have you fallen for some christian cult or why are you posting this completely irrelevant stuff?

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: bewareofrats on Apr 15, 2013, 12:17 PM

Salvation isn't something you can 'work' on.  The only way to Heaven is through Christ.  It is by faith alone in Jesus Christ alone.  Not of works, lest any man should boast.  All the glory belongs to God.

I am not posting this to get into anything.  I will not debate as that's not the point and there isn't anything to debate about anyway.  I will talk about it if anyone is truly open to thot because I believe it but because it is from God's Word, thus 100% trust-worthy.e Word of God but will not argue about it.  I am posting this because it's relevant to the topic and your post and it's the truth.  N
Religion makes people insincere , it causes people to be good through fear of going to hell not because they genuinely want to help others. Chi was better than that he was good just because he wanted to make the world a better place, he doesn't need to repent or seek salvation he did nothing wrong.

rainnyx4

Quote from: bewareofrats on Apr 15, 2013, 12:17 PM

I am not posting this to get into anything.  I will not debate as that's not the point and there isn't anything to debate about anyway.  I will talk about it if anyone is truly open to the Word of God but will not argue about it.  I am posting this because it's relevant to the topic and your post and it's the truth.  Not because I believe it but because it is from God's Word, thus 100% trust-worthy.

I've heard a lot of dumb shit on this board but wow.  One of my favorite things about living in Japan is the fact that I don't have to listen to this kind of inane babble on a daily basis.

DeftonesNZ

Yup same here in New Zealand we have a really low number of religious people.

bewareofrats

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Apr 15, 2013, 12:39 PM
Stop imposing your own belief on someone else. Seriously, have you fallen for some christian cult or why are you posting this completely irrelevant stuff?
I am just speaking the truth according to God's Word.  If it bothers you, ignore it and please respect my beliefs.  True Christianity is not a cult and it couldn't be more relevant to this topic.

NZ:  We all did wrong, hence the need for the Saviour and His forgiveness.  True Christianity is about spirituality, not religion.  Religion is what man invented (works based), Christianity is God coming down to our despicable level in the person of Jesus Christ and dying for mankind's sins so it could be made possible to receive eternal life if we repent and turn to Christ and trust in His death and resurrection as payment for our sin.  It is what God does that saves, not anything we do.  Just trying to clarify certain things a bit, I will not get in an argument with you.  I have been through that enough on another forum.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Gee

Leave religion debates. This is completely irrelevant with what happened. Let everybody feel their sadness and deal with it in their own ways. Create a new thread if you want to verbally kill each other even more that some of us have around here lately.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

cvthedrv

fuck religion, just respect the people.

by the way, anyone knows how much time chi was vegetarian?

Penicks

god is a faggot

devilinside

What or who Chi believed is irrelevant,and there's no doubt he's at peace and at a better place than us all. Chi was a good man,compassionate and truly cared about people...family and fans. Every time I was around him he made you feel like you'd known each other for years,didn't make you feel like you were inconveniencing him for time or that he was obligated to take a picture just because you attended the show,instead he showed gratitude and that's hard to find in musicians.  Imma miss the hell out of him...his energy,humor,sound...he was,in my opinion,the backbone of Deftones.  :'(

theis

bewareofrats needs to shut the fuck up and stop bringing fucking religion into this thread.

Seriously, fuck you.

tarkil

Indeed, fuck this religious babble, it's not the time nor the place.

Back in topic : Luxembourg 2003, few SL members were here for these amazing moments...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

DeftonesNZ

Awesome photo he has such a kind face, also he's got some sweet tattoo's