Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chi

Started by Sugartolove, Apr 14, 2013, 01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickover

Farewell, brother.  My thoughts to those closest to him.  This hurts me and I never met the man.
You're a star, you blaze out like a sharp machine..

kly617

Quote from: Danny Keyes on Apr 16, 2013, 12:09 AM
are you fucking serious...? isn't that Aoki?

It is. They also misspelled Chi as Chin

usefulidiot

defstone

In May 2003 when I saw the band in Las Vegas, Chi looked like a god damned mad dog doing his vocals during My Own Summer. Thanks for that.

ignore the fashion

What the hell is that bullshit?

IN WAVES

Wow! Unbelievable. The press is just so f*cking terrible these days. If you want any proof that half the stuff they spoon feed us is bull crap, look at this picture of "Chin Cheng". What a disgrace.

Rest in peace, Chi. Thank you for your heartfelt music and for being an awesome individual. You left us way too soon.

IN WAVES

Those are some beautiful stories by some of his fellow rockers. I'm glad he had friends who cared enough to go visit him and pray for the good man.

DeftonesNZ

Wow his passing has really made people go and listen to Deftones again, In like 10 years I have only ever seen 1 Deftones music video on TV (My own summer) now they're playing all of them one after another at the moment, it's amazing seeing your favourite band on TV gives you nostalgia of the times before everyone downloaded music, getting memories of the times when if we wanted music we listened to the radio or watched the music channel, Man I miss guitar music being popular.

play

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Apr 16, 2013, 10:13 AM
Wow his passing has really made people go and listen to Deftones again, In like 10 years I have only ever seen 1 Deftones music video on TV (My own summer) now they're playing all of them one after another at the moment, it's amazing seeing your favourite band on TV gives you nostalgia of the times before everyone downloaded music, getting memories of the times when if we wanted music we listened to the radio or watched the music channel, Man I miss guitar music being popular.

Fuck yes.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I'm probably way more happy about this then I should be.They played half an hour of Deftones as a tribute to Chi which was cool and unexpected and they're playing a bunch of other cool shit now like Korn,NIN,Shihad,Mastodon and Tool. It was good seeing Chi at his best and smiling again I just had those photos of him post accident in his hospital bed stuck in my head, it perked me up alot seeing him rocking out.

bewareofrats

Quote from: theis on Apr 15, 2013, 02:20 PM
bewareofrats needs to shut the fuck up and stop bringing fucking religion into this thread.

Seriously, fuck you.
There's no call for that kind of talk to me.  Why does it strike a nerve like that anyway?  If you truly don't believe in God, it shouldn't bother you that much and you can simply ignore what I said.  And talk of these things couldn't be more relevant and fitting in a topic like this and this is not about religion.

There's nothing in the world to offend people like Christ and that is because He is truth.  People hate truth because it brings to light their true evil nature and moral accountability to a holy God.  That is all.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

DeftonesNZ

See you did it again first sentence was fine but then you went full retard... never go full retard.

bewareofrats

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Apr 16, 2013, 11:08 AM
See you did it again first sentence was fine but then you went full retard... never go full retard.
It's as simple as this, right now you people just don't understand.  I really hope one day you wil let God open your eyes and change your heart.

iceache

Quote from: bewareofrats on Apr 16, 2013, 11:12 AM
It's as simple as this, right now you people just don't understand.  I really hope one day you wil let God open your eyes and change your heart.

This isn't the time or place. Some people don't believe in bullshit lies.. and this thread is not the place for them.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah back on track they put this on oneloveforchi it's his blog posts from just before the accident it's funny but sad at the same time, the way he talks about his family you can tell how much he loved them and it sounds like he was really excited about Eros aswell, it sucks how something a small as leaving a minute later could have avoided all of this, There is also a photo of some candles and stuff Abe has set up around his house in memory of Chi.

http://oneloveforchi.com/last-words-from-the-violently-pacifistic-buddhist-thug/

bewareofrats

Quote from: iceache on Apr 16, 2013, 11:23 AM

This isn't the time or place. Some people don't believe in bullshit lies.. and this thread is not the place for them.
I can see that everyone who has replied to my posts isn't open to things of God so I will not try to convince or persuade, but I just must say it doesn't make sense to say that this isn't the time or place.  Someone has died, this is a topic about such a person.  This is the best time to remind people of how frail they are and I am just speaking about the truth that I know of, because God has opened my eyes to it.  I know you don't understand and believe, but wouldn't you desire to tell people about the truth if you were certain of it?  You can always ignore my posts.  No one is forcing anyone to read them.

DeftonesNZ

It's because you've come in with a smugness like we all are missing out when really we've made a conscious decision to not worship, then you say it's ok but then you put some condescending comment about how one day we will see you are right it's just not warranted, plus you insinuated Chi might have not made up for so called sins and he might go to hell that's just flat out disrespectful he was an amazing human being he deserves better than a man in a tin foil hat questioning his purity. Just fuck up about god now if I want someone to open my eyes I'll go see a fucking optometrist.

Crazylegs

Quote from: bewareofrats on Apr 16, 2013, 11:06 AM
Why does it strike a nerve like that anyway? 

Because you're talking out your ass dude. Why would you even bring this up, saying that you hope he found salvation through Christ before dying, it's not relevant to anyone who doesn't share YOUR beliefs. What you believe to be the truth doesn't matter in this case. People get offended because you sound almost as ignorant as the fucktards from the Westboro Baptist Church.

ANattyRat

Quote from: bewareofrats on Apr 16, 2013, 11:42 AM
Quote from: iceache on Apr 16, 2013, 11:23 AM

I can see that everyone who has replied to my posts isn't open to things of God so I will not try to convince or persuade, but I just must say it doesn't make sense to say that this isn't the time or place.  Someone has died, this is a topic about such a person.  This is the best time to remind people of how frail they are and I am just speaking about the truth that I know of, because God has opened my eyes to it.  I know you don't understand and believe, but wouldn't you desire to tell people about the truth if you were certain of it?  You can always ignore my posts.  No one is forcing anyone to read them.

To be honest, it's more the fact that you implied a genuine, good, kind, generous, caring person like Chi might not be at peace or go to heaven because he might not have accepted Christ as the saviour. If a person like him doesn't deserve heaven, no-one does. And if that's all it takes to go to heaven, but no amount of kindness without faith will let you into heaven, it's a religion with backwards priorities.

Anyway, I'm not going to comment more on that. Reading those blog posts, he was such a funny guy, and obviously caring. Shows how great a person he was that no-one has ever had any negative experiences with him. And I was thinking on it earlier how strong his family and friends have been to be strong and there for him 100% among so much uncertainty as to if he'd make any progress, when he'd make any and how much he'd make. Must be a hard thing to do, and to do it for so long is beautiful. Again, RIP Chi.

bewareofrats

NZ: Smugness is just the way you see it.  It's impossible to convey things perfectly through a computer screen.  I mean no disrespect to Chi.  If you read my first post you'll see that I only have concern for him because I don't know his situation and hope the best for him.  I deeply desire that he is now at peace.

Crazylegs: Westboro Baptist is not a Christian church.  I do not condone much of their conduct in the least or agree with much of their ways.  I didn't bring this up to debate, I was just sharing my beliefs.  I was never overly aggressive about it, I only speak out of care for people.