Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chi

Started by Sugartolove, Apr 14, 2013, 04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

No you weren't at all agressive, but my point is that your beliefs are irrelevant in this situation. What anyone except Chi believed is irrelevant.

bewareofrats

Well what everyone believes regarding life and death can not all be the truth, that would be completely illogical.  There is only what is reality.  If you don't agree with my beliefs, please move on and I will try to as well.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Crazylegs

Quote from: bewareofrats on Apr 16, 2013, 04:30 PM
Well what everyone believes regarding life and death can not all be the truth, that would be completely illogical.

Exactly.

sing blue silver

Please shut the fuck up. This is not the thread for this childish nonsense. Take it somewhere else.

Been having a marathon of old deftones performances since Chi passed. I've been missing those back up vocals since 2008. Nobody could match that stage presence or humor. Wish I could have seen headup live with him just one time. Also so glad to see so many artists paying their respects. Shows how loved Chi was in the music community.

theis

I don't know why, but Diamond Eyes and KNY just feels irrelevant to me now.

Been spinning all their albums with Chi the last couple of days.

mothraw

does a bootleg of chi`s last show with dtones exist?

defTHE1s

WTF with that people taking advantage of such situations.. fuck them!

And as my Dad says, everyone tries to reach the perfection and salvation, and if that person adores King Sun, God, Alah, Budda, Christ, he does his best to be the best person he can to reach salvation so, as someone said before, Chi's family for sure did something to help Chi's soul in case of his passing away, so, this is a matter of no worries for us. We all know the kind of human being Chi was, and whatever his beliefs and religion was, he must be resting hopefully in peace. If you remember, he had a Jesus Christ tatoo, so it should have some meaning for him.
Btw, that words from Head were really sincere and made my heart break again because of the excellent human being we have lost :'(

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

devilinside

Quote from: theis on Apr 16, 2013, 06:36 PM
Been spinning all their albums with Chi the last couple of days.

Same here. My kids have been singing along to them too.

buddyboy101

Me too.  I hadn't listened to ATF in a long time, and it sounds completely different now.

chick de la lynch

I've been blasting Around the Fur the past few days. I've always loved the bass line in "Lotion" and I've grown a new appreciation for "Damone". I cried in the car when "Be Quiet and Drive" came on.

My only interaction with Chi was back in 2003 during the Summer Sanitarium tour. I was a member of Linkin Park Underground, which meant that when I bought tickets to their concert I also had a chance to attend a meet and greet with Linkin Park. Needless to say it was a pretty disappointing meet and greet where I barely said two words to the band members. I could have one item signed by the band and it just got passed down the line of each member and we were only allowed to take pictures of the band, not WITH the band. This was prior to digital cameras, so the pictures were really dark and horribly taken.

Once I got my item back and security shooed me out of the tent, I notice a guy driving past me in a go-cart. I look up and it's fucking Chi! He was honking at me and telling me to "get the hell out of way!" in a joking manner. I was star struck. The bassist in my favorite band took notice of me and almost ran me over with a go-cart.  It made up for the shitty meet and greet. I was elated for the rest of the day.

It's a great memory because it showed that Chi was the kind of guy you could have fun with and he had ability to make you laugh. I'm really glad I was able to experience that one, amusing minute with him.

BillyNo.9

Quote from: theis on Apr 16, 2013, 06:36 PM
I don't know why, but Diamond Eyes and KNY just feels irrelevant to me now.

I know what you mean man. They both felt that way to me when they were first released to be honest. The fact that he wasn't present was just too weird to  me.

Bifrost

Sad day today, for all of the deftones fans, when I was reading Head's story on the PRP I was getting choked up, even though we all knew this could happen we all hoped for a miracle and that one day Chi would come back but now I can say I am happy for closure for him and his family though I am sad at the same time, I feel mixed up to be honest...

I can't say that I ever met Chi, my closest interaction with him came at a show at the Roxy right after S/T came out, we were up front and the place was like a sweat shop, felt like 100 degrees, from all the people and the energy, we (my GF and I) were soaked in sweat and smashed up against the front barrier by the stage; Chi in between songs came over and handed us his Cran/Vodka and which we quickly sucked down like men in the desert, it was just a simple 'nice' gesture but what else would you except from tha guy? he always just came across as a very humble genuine person no doubt, you could just sense it on him... I am Christian and I dont know if Chi was or not but I pray he made his peace when he was here with us in limbo after his accident and now has moved on to a better place and maybe one day I can tell him face to face about our chance encounter and how much he affected us all down here, RIP my brother see you on the other side   :-\

mothraw

Would be very nice if someone could make a decent memorial thread for our beloved hero. I am thinking of the best pics and vids yall have. Last couple gigs he played and the pictures u want to imagine when you think of chi.

i am a zero when it comes down to photoshop stuff but i am def thinking about a memorialtat which would be mixed up from chi and the selftitled artwork..... One l
ove

TheyCallMeP

RIP Chi, the Deftones have been my favorite band for a little over a decade now and your skill was undeniable. From backing vocals to bass work, thanks for crafting songs that helped shape my younger years. Gave SNW a spin today and listened to the bass on Cherry Waves, great stuff. You will be missed.

bewareofrats

I feel like listening to Saturday Night Wrist.  I'll probably do so soon. It is the first record where the bass really stood out to me and the last released record that Chi played on.

defTHE1s: Would you mind making room in your inbox?
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

pony_01

i've been listening to Needles & Pins whole time since Chi's passed away. We're gonna miss those screams.

snw9

Now I feel deftones will be so different without CHI. It already does when I listen to Diamond Eyes and KNY. Not bashing Sergio in anyway but of course CHI was a cohesive piece of the band and the writing. Anyhow, its still sad he is gone

Been watching the old live videos, especially My own summer live in london 1997.

The Deftones - My Own Summer Live at London
Code: [Select]

snw9

CHI talking about someone throwing something at them on stage and chino interrupts:

Deftones - Lotion 06-27-98
Code: [Select]

defburn

What's the Chino twitter ?