Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Does Damone Belong On Around The Fur?

Started by truthaddict, Apr 23, 2013, 01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bifrost

its crazy to think the deftones have a better collection of B-Sides than most bands have hits lmao

defTHE1s

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

SwerveCityUSA

Damone was always one of favorite. such a sweet sounding track. 32:36 bitches.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

BillyNo.9

Of course it does. It's a time-capsule of exactly where they were in that era.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I love the drums especially in this video. and that line "the feeling gets old,and so do your eyes" one of my favourite.
http://youtu.be/FCZVOlAt0hg

SwerveCityUSA

Thirty Two Thirty Six if you can dig it.

deftones47

TheyCallMeP

Personally, I think it belongs. Probably one of my favorite songs off the album. That and I couldn't see this song fitting in on any other album they've done. I will say it is a bitch fast forwarding through all that silence. Does anyone else get annoyed with the little bong rip bit? Kind of pointless to me

DJR

I listen to Damone on mp3 format off b-sides so i dont have to skip through, but i dont listen to MX on mp3 as its about 60mb. So to cut a long story short i love Damone but i couldnt give a crap what album im listening to it off

SwerveCityUSA

yes true I just want to hear the song.

I remember in this one classical music class I had to sleep through, he mentioned getting our ears so finely tuned we will be able to know what year each recording was by each artist. I'm already into that with all modern music since the 50's, I've always done that, especially with my favorite bands, and if I never knew about Damone, I would easily place it on around the fur. it's like you're waking up from all those beautiful emotions you just felt through the whole record and now hear is the realization of that dream.

DJR

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 14, 2013, 04:42 AM

I would easily place it on around the fur. it's like you're waking up from all those beautiful emotions you just felt through the whole record and now hear is the realization of that dream.

Word

BillyNo.9

I would easily place it on around the fur. it's like you're waking up from all those beautiful emotions you just felt through the whole record and now hear is the realization of that dream.

I wrote a comment pretty similar to that on youtube a couple years ago. YOU WANT TO FIGHT ME?

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on May 14, 2013, 09:20 PM

I wrote a comment pretty similar to that on youtube a couple years ago. YOU WANT TO FIGHT ME?

Ya because of that shit you just sent, how do I report you?

truthaddict

On a side note, is the song title pronounced Damone (Dam-own) or Damoné (Dam-ownay)?  Are there any youtube interviews to confirm?

I've heard people say both, but I always thought it was the first.

SwerveCityUSA

DA MOAN.

truthaddict

Cool. I'll go with that. 

I couldn't remember if the title was actually written in the album booklet anywhere.  I guess that would confirm it too, if it's there.

BillyNo.9

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 14, 2013, 10:35 PM

What shit?  ???

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on May 15, 2013, 01:20 AM
Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 14, 2013, 10:35 PM

What shit?  ???

that shit your into, that shit is vile, whats your problem?

SwerveCityUSA

ignore the fashion

Just listened to Around the Fur tonight, Damone included, its without a doubt one of the best songs on that CD.

Also for the record, because someone asked, I have always pronounced it as Da-moan. Not sure if that's correct or not though.