Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Does Damone Belong On Around The Fur?

Started by truthaddict, Apr 23, 2013, 01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeftonesNZ

Yeah it's pronounced Da Moan I saw an interview I think it was that quiz one they did and they had to name the hidden track's they've done or something like that and Abe pronounced it Da Moan.

DJR

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 15, 2013, 02:17 AM
Quote from: BillyNo.9 on May 15, 2013, 01:20 AM
Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 14, 2013, 10:35 PM
Quote from: BillyNo.9 on May 14, 2013, 09:20 PM

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 14, 2013, 04:42 AM
I would easily place it on around the fur. it's like you're waking up from all those beautiful emotions you just felt through the whole record and now hear is the realization of that dream.

I wrote a comment pretty similar to that on youtube a couple years ago. YOU WANT TO FIGHT ME?

Ya because of that shit you just sent, how do I report you?

What shit?  ???

that shit your into, that shit is vile, whats your problem?

Crystal meth? yeah hes a big user... :P

Romain

It does. It's the final chapter of Around the Fur, it's not complete without it. It's the conclusion of everything in the album, as well as the best example of what they were about, back then. To me.

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: Romain on May 17, 2013, 12:04 PM
It does. It's the final chapter of Around the Fur, it's not complete without it. It's the conclusion of everything in the album, as well as the best example of what they were about, back then. To me.

Back then? funny it reminds me more of now, abstract lyrics, heavy verse, beautiful choruses and refrains. ya they've perfected that right now, today.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

Romain

SwerveCityUSA

you know Damone is really the gem of gems, it actually could be the song that defines this group in terms of what they do with their sound. I love it specifically because it showcases chino's melodies and lyrics.

scarywindow

For the record, Damone was the name of one of the most badass characters in the John Hughes 80's movie 'The Breakfast Club'.  pretty sure that's where the title came from.

Electron§

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 17, 2013, 04:43 PM
you know Damone is really the gem of gems, it actually could be the song that defines this group in terms of what they do with their sound. I love it specifically because it showcases chino's melodies and lyrics.

I'd say "Lovers" is their defining song. "Damone" could be too though....

DeftonesNZ

I wouldn't say they have one defining song, they've just covered so much of a musical scope that one song can't properly show all the elements they use, that being said you could pick one for each time period and for the ATF period Damone is a good example.

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: Electron§ on Jun 07, 2013, 10:33 AM

no way, but the album yes.

Cullision

Speaking of pronounciations, how does everyone say fireal? I've never had the opportunity to talk to another deftones fan in person because my town sucks.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I've never heard another person say it either but I say it as Fi reel

elite54

BillyNo.9

Korea Rounding

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jun 07, 2013, 09:32 PM

why not say it like these guys: Deftones - Dragonfly Interview 1995

Cullision

Quote from: Korea Rounding on Jun 08, 2013, 09:05 AM
Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jun 07, 2013, 09:32 PM

why not say it like these guys: Deftones - Dragonfly Interview 1995

Thanks, I saw this a long time ago and never caught that. One of my favorite songs for sure.

Electron§

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on Jun 07, 2013, 05:43 PM
Quote from: Electron§ on Jun 07, 2013, 10:33 AM

no way, but the album yes.

No way? Really? "Lovers" is pretty much everything Deftones is about rolled into one damn song. I don't know how you don't see it. it has perfect dynamics, it sounds hopeless at the end, but in that chorus it just soars and sounds completely epic and yet you see there's a light at the end of this tunnel without the song sounding too lighthearted, and then during the verse its claustrophobic and dark. Its just beautiful. I could even see the band potentially agreeing with this. And it doesn't feature any throwaway elements. There's no rapping, there's no stupid lyrics in it, no screaming (well screaming's not a bad thing, but to other people it might be). Its just pure fucking Deftones awesomeness.

Electron§

Quote from: Cullision on Jun 07, 2013, 07:57 PM
Speaking of pronounciations, how does everyone say fireal? I've never had the opportunity to talk to another deftones fan in person because my town sucks.

Everyone I know has always pronounced it "Fur-eal"

N0S3BLEED976

SwerveCityUSA