Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Does Damone Belong On Around The Fur?

Started by truthaddict, Apr 23, 2013, 01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYRexall

Damone is perfect right where it's at on ATF.

For starters, it's dark as fuck, and it's inclusion at the very end of the record helps to push what is already an intense sonic experience completely into the red. I love that entire album and it's still probably my favorite record they've done, and that song and its placement on the album made me realize more than any other song they'd done at that point that Deftones were on -- and heading towards -- some other shit entirely.

Queue the White Pony.

NYRexall

Also, it's placement on ATF is interesting in itself.

Damone is not some throwaway b-side or experimental bullshit tacked onto the end of the record; it's a monster that easily holds its own with the other songs, and in some cases towers over other tracks. The fact that they deliberately buried it a half an hour after the actual album is finished is telling.

Exactly what it's telling I'm still not sure of, but the way it just explodes out of the speakers after all that silence only maximizes it's already-epic impact.

Cullision

Damone most definitely belongs on ATF, the 30 minute gap can be annoying but I don't mind working a little bit for that kind of epicness.

Far away

RoyBiggins

There is no logical reason for Damone not to be on ATF. Chef Royardee loves that song. UTKT- understand that know that

Capt Snow

Quote from: Cullision on Jun 21, 2013, 08:02 AM
Damone most definitely belongs on ATF, the 30 minute gap can be annoying but I don't mind working a little bit for that kind of epicness.

You could just download them seperately:

Quote from: pinata89 on Jul 05, 2013, 11:38 PM
Sorry for the late reply.  I reposted the individual files:

Mx: https://mega.co.nz/#!Z4txxBpQ!fWNpy1Ogbq69O0b81oo_SyhgjzA2ZeDj1TUKxbOf-KE

Damone: https://mega.co.nz/#!hlljxbiQ!d-KbuQ2Hc7zkiQuuLn_VawAHRgYt_mV9v2YjdlAOiVQ

illthrowROCKS@U

I was gonna reply to the original topic.. then I saw someone say they didn't like Rickets.  Now it's all I can think about =/
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

RoyBiggins

Don't like Rickets?! Piss on that shit, I love that song.

deftones47

Same here. Rickets FTW!

Damone too.