Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Greetings!

Started by Zantera, May 02, 2013, 03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zantera

New member here from Sweden, been a fan for 6 months or so.
My Deftones journey began when I first heard Minerva, which was featured in one of the NHL games a couple of years back. That must have been 9-10 years ago or something? Oh, memories. I remember that I checked out the self-titled, but back in those days I really had no patience with music, so I gave it maybe one listen and then forgot about it.
Was reminded of the band around when Koi No Yokan came out, and I had several friends who were into the band. So I checked it out, instant love and have been getting into the band since.

I've really taken my time with each of the albums, and it has been a blast. One of the things I love the most about Deftones is that while all their albums have that "core" that is familiar, they all have unique identities. White Pony is perhaps the most experimental, Saturday Night Wrist has that shoegaze/post-rock vibe, Diamond Eyes is incredibly heavy and so on. Deftones is easily a top5 band for me right now, and I still have Around the Fur and Adrenaline left to check out. Like I said, I've been giving each album at least 10 listens before moving on with the next, really giving them their time.

At this point I don't even think I could pick a favorite album to be honest. Out of the five I am familiar with (the five latest ones), I feel like they are all very close. Right now, top3 would probably be: White Pony, Saturday Night Wrist and Diamond Eyes. As for favorite songs, I feel like some of the ones I love aren't often mentioned by others. But my favorites would include: Digital Bath, Elite, Teenager, Korea, Change, Hexagram, Minerva, Battle-Axe, Lucky You, Hole in the Earth, Rapture, Beware, Cherry Waves, U, U, D, D, L, R, L, R, A, B, Select, Start, Royal, CMND/CTRL, Beauty School, Sextape, 976-Evil, Romantic Dreams, Leathers, Poltergeist and Entombed. (whoah, that's a lot)

Oh well, not gonna drift off more now. Nice to see you guys! :)
Oh, and apart from Deftones, my other favorite bands would be Oceansize, The Smashing Pumpkins and Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

digital bath

mr.sinister

Welcome aboard friend. Your name looks familiar are you registered on the DT forums?

Zantera

Yes I am indeed.  :)

DJR

Jerry_Curls

Don't forget about b-sides, covers, and Like Linus!

Welcome! :-*
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.