Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Place Beyond the Pines

Started by shine down unshy, May 05, 2013, 02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shine down unshy

I saw this yesterday, it's so damn good.  Man oh man, I think you all will dig it.

Also, music by Mike Patton so YEAHHH!

Zantera

I really want to see this movie, but will probably have to wait until it is released on DVD/BluRay. I really like Ryan Gosling after his performance in Drive, and the movie looks interesting. Mike Patton making the score is another awesome point.

elite54

a dvd rip came out yesterday. you can dl a torrent and watch it now.

bright lights, big city

oh sweet I missed it in theaters, will try looking for a torrent.

Btw, for you Gosling/Drive fans, be on the lookout for Only God Forgives. Should be in theaters in July.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Gee

Yeah this movie was excellent. Acting, story, directing, everything was there.

Funny how it really seems to start off as a sequel of Drive but then becomes much different.

Already in my top 10 of this year.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

lithium

Meh it was alright. Best part was when we first meet Romina. Jesus. Fuck.
💩

bright lights, big city

Nips.

I loved this movie- the generational story, the soundtrack, the acting (more movies need Ben Mendelsohn). At this point of the year, I'm confident in saying this and Side Effects are by far my favorite movies.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

wither-I

this movie says everything in a very subtle way.

karma.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

theis

Just watched it.

Amazing movie.

shine down unshy

[spoiler]Was anyone else's heart beating really hard during the bank robbery scenes?[/spoiler]

theis

Quote from: shine down unshy on May 22, 2013, 09:24 PM
[spoiler]Was anyone else's heart beating really hard during the bank robbery scenes?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Definitely. Everything was very realistic and human.

Also, I did not expect Gosling's character to die that quickly. My jaw dropped. [/spoiler]

bright lights, big city

Interesting you guys bring that up, as I read this article a couple weeks ago. So many tense scenes throughout the movie.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/08/ryan-gosling-bank-robbery_n_3037783.html
DERP

Hank

Great movie.

Thought it was gonna end a bit darker when Luke's kid was all fucked up at that party. It ended great though and was perfect.
The bank robbing scenes were pure art. I love how Luke was almost in a scream / squeal at certain times making his demands.

True adrenaline was portrayed. Great actor.