Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

So I just found a Team Sleep CD I made in 2002

Started by Bza々, May 13, 2013, 06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bza々

It has like 14 tracks or some shit on it but I could only rip like 7 of the songs on it because the CD is so fucked. But 3 of the songs have caught my attention because one is a version of Ice Ache I don't recognize, another is a live version of solid gold with Chino singing on it and the 3rd song doesn't even sound like Team Sleep but kinda like SOAD but I can't tell if it's Chino singing or not. Anyone wanna help me out with this so I know what to call these when I upload em somewhere? Post your email and I'll shoot em over....

ignore the fashion

Sounds like it might just be the unmastered album that was scrapped because it leaked.

Mike Patton sings on one of those songs.

Bza々

lol ya well it's definitely the leak album 'cause it says so on the CD but this version of Ice Ache sounds wayyyy different than anything on the internet right now. Chino's vocals are night and day from the other renditions on youtube and torrent sites. And I just listened to this unknown song and it's definitely Chino singing but it doesn't sound anything like a Team Sleep song. It starts off with a real heavy bassline.

I googled some of the lyrics and it looks like it's a Tenfold - Liquid cover

Penicks

DeftonesNZ

Just sounds like it could be some of the Broyhill demo's, don't about the cover one though how long is it?

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Bza々

The tenfold and Solid gold tracks aren't really worth uploading to anywhere. The solid gold track is a live performance some chick recorded with who knows what because you can hear her and some friends talking for about 20 seconds before the band starts playing. And the Tenfold cover is already on youtube, it's just under the Tenfold - Liquid title, but it's definitely the Team Sleep cover of it. But here's the Iceache track I uploaded to my soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/bryonheart/team-sleep-iceache-02-leak

Bza々

Also, here's the cover of liquid by Tenfold on Youtube: Liquid No clue why the dude didn't put team sleep in the title.

shoop

That version of Iceache sounds like the one from Team_Sleep-Untitled-(Unmastered)-2002-SGE, but actually mastered..thanks for sharing. Any chance we can get the rest? And the tracks that skip, are you able to find out what tracks they are?

Bza々

Quote from: shoop on May 14, 2013, 06:31 AM
That version of Iceache sounds like the one from Team_Sleep-Untitled-(Unmastered)-2002-SGE, but actually mastered..thanks for sharing. Any chance we can get the rest? And the tracks that skip, are you able to find out what tracks they are?

I'll upload the live solid gold track tomorrow. 5 Of the other tracks I could get off the CD are ligeia, cambodia, blvd nights, death by plane, and apolliana (however u spell it). But they don't sound any different than the ones already on youtube. It's killing me not know what these other tracks are. There's a total of 15 on the CD and I could only get 1-6 and the 15th track. I'll try to clean it up and see I can get anything else off it tomorrow; stay tuned.

DeftonesNZ

That's not Chino on liquid is it? it sounds like him at the beginning but then it sounds nothing like it, I think it's just the original it sounds exactly the same as the original.

Plus I found this old thread
http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php?topic=15012.0

shoop

Quote from: Bza々 on May 14, 2013, 06:38 AM

I'll upload the live solid gold track tomorrow. 5 Of the other tracks I could get off the CD are ligeia, cambodia, blvd nights, death by plane, and apolliana (however u spell it). But they don't sound any different than the ones already on youtube. It's killing me not know what these other tracks are. There's a total of 15 on the CD and I could only get 1-6 and the 15th track. I'll try to clean it up and see I can get anything else off it tomorrow; stay tuned.
nice, thanks! There might still be a way to tell what the rest of the files are named, even if they are scratched up and don't play.

Bza々

Quote from: shoop on May 14, 2013, 06:46 AM
Quote from: Bza々 on May 14, 2013, 06:38 AM

nice, thanks! There might still be a way to tell what the rest of the files are named, even if they are scratched up and don't play.

Ya dude, I can't get the other tracks off. The cd is too fucked up. The solid gold track isn't that special so unless someone really wants to hear it I can email it or put it on youtube, otherwise I'm not gonna mess with it.

unfamed

so, on the tenfold track, that has nothing to do with chino or team sleep. there was once a time back in the early days of the band that a bunch of other crap bands labeled their mp3s as team sleep.

i would also hazard to guess that one song might be team sleep's remix of drop from tinfed.
never odd or even