Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Diamond Eyes Thread

Started by SwerveCityUSA, May 15, 2013, 07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwerveCityUSA

I was surprised there wasn't a thread for this album. So here it is, talk about anything about it. I absolutely adore this recording. the guitar tones and riffs are stunning. An Old friend of mine said something about being tired of Chino riding the pop sensibilities too hard or something, it was on this forum, I found it funny because that's what I like, lots of melody on top of those 8 string riffs. Curtis Mayfield meets Metallica/Meshuggah. Too me it's part 1 of 2 (Koi No Yokan) and they both mean a lot to me. So this is just for the Love of the record, that's all I created it for. Much Love.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

BillyNo.9

Use the search function. Lock thread plz

976-EVIL

One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Penicks

if it's a hate thread about diamond eyes i'm okay with it

you can never have enough hate threads about diamond eyes

gwenudo

Diamond eyes definately has to be at the bottom of my list .. never actually absoluyely loved the album ... i dig it.. i can jam to it sometimes.. but most of the time when diamomd eyes songs come on i press skip .. to this day i dont see what people see so so much on diamond eyes calling it their best album EVER .. over exaggeration or some crap .. i like the album .. its just at the bottom of my list .. their best album everbin my opinion has to be all of their discography besides the recent two theyve made .. koi no yokan is a great album i actually enjoyed it so much .. but still its not their best either.. where the fuck is eros when you need it .. just so these diamond eyes fans can shut the fuck up
Was it like it seemed?...

BillyNo.9

I'll be straight, the only song I like on the album is CMND CTRL, I mostly listen to the instrumental version though. It's probably the rawest song on the album

N0S3BLEED976

It's probably my 3rd favourite Deftones album and specifically "Royal" is in my top 10 favourite Deftones songs.
I seriously don't get the hate for this album.

chuckles

I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on May 15, 2013, 02:34 PM
I'll be straight, the only song I like on the album is CMND CTRL, I mostly listen to the instrumental version though. It's probably the rawest song on the album

That doesn't make sense, all the songs flow together especially the first 4, how do you just like that one, especially without vocals on it?

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on May 15, 2013, 05:12 PM
It's probably my 3rd favourite Deftones album and specifically "Royal" is in my top 10 favourite Deftones songs.
I seriously don't get the hate for this album.

Yes, royal is fantastic, keeps the energy flowing and has an awesome chorus, leads directly into cmnd ctrl.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

Zantera

Royal is a top5 Deftones song for me. Diamond Eyes as a whole is awesome, one of their best.

sing blue silver

I love the entire album except the title track. It's my second least favourite after swerve city. But I think royal, risk and 976-evil are true gems. YSTB and sextape kinda bore me now unfortunately.