Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Xbox one

Started by Crazylegs, May 21, 2013, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

So, did any one else watch the press conference? I feel like stan after listening to the new gershploosh.

N0S3BLEED976

I occasionally dozed off during the press conference. Sports games, TV functionality, Skype, Kinect, Call Of Duty... *yawn*

bright lights, big city

Like with the PS4 I'm interested but hesitant and will wait for some reviews and if there are problems (fucking RROD). I know the future is to make the console an entertainment center, but I guess I'm still kind of resisting that. I don't like how you have to install every game, the system won't work unless the Kinect is connected, and you know all these features like the NFL, the DVR and TV functionality, etc will all be additional costs.

As for the games the multiplatform games look great like usual (I'm actually a little excited for CoD). I'm assuming we'll find out more at E3. We need a price and some games. PS4 vs XB One will boil down to exclusive games for me.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deftones47

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 22, 2013, 12:10 AM
I don't like how you have to install every game, the system won't work unless the Kinect is connected, and you know all these features like the NFL, the DVR and TV functionality, etc will all be additional costs.

I heard about these issues. I was never that into Xbox, but this makes me want the next Xbox even less.

I'm more excited for the PS4.

DeftonesNZ

neither of these new consoles have got me really excited, I'm pretty content to stick with my modded xbox 360. I know alot of the cost of these consoles is going to be for these new social media type features which will never be of use to me. I don't use it now I already have a computer with a keyboard which is much more usable for that stuff.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

XBOX ONE hands on + new controller OFFICIAL REVEAL

That thing looks like a VCR Awful.
PS4 all the way though I might not buy it just yet because Im happy with my PS3 first gen :D

kurtone

Pretty underwhelming. At least they showed the console lol

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Hank

Penicks

Crazylegs

that's basically it.

black coffee

1984, anyone?

Neither the facial recognition system nor the voice command can be switched off. And why exactly is that... The answer is so they can spy on users and collect tons of data.

Sorry I meant to write "study the users behavior to improve the gaming experience for everyone"

If they go with this, I will buy a second xbox360 so when my first one dies I'll have a replacement.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: black coffee on May 22, 2013, 03:31 PM
Neither the facial recognition system nor the voice command can be switched off. And why exactly is that... The answer is so they can spy on users and collect tons of data.
I for one accept Microsoft as our new video game overlords.
DERP

Crazylegs

1984, anyone?

I thought the exact same thing.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 22, 2013, 04:33 PM
I for one accept Microsoft as our new video game overlords.
Haha I was just listening to this now it strangely seems appropriate..
http://youtu.be/lt-udg9zQSE

but seriously I don't get all that tv voice recognition stuff, are people seriously so lazy that pressing the input button on their remotes is too much effort, plus I hate the voice recognition stuff It'd just make me look retarded because it wouldn't understand my accent.

Deadradio

Jacob

I remember when consoles were about games. Those were the days.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Since the rumormongers starting whispering about Microsoft's next-generation console over a year ago, one of the most controversial topics has been the fate of used games.
Some reports said the system would make it impossible to play them. Analysts scoffed at this, saying Microsoft wasn't stupid enough to alienate a substantial portion of its audience with such a sweeping move -- not to mention anger its biggest retail partner, GameStop, who sees significant revenue from used game sales.
Today, Microsoft itself finally weighed in on the matter, though if you were hoping for crystal clarity, you're likely going to be a bit disappointed.
"We are designing Xbox One to enable customers to trade in and resell games," the company wrote. "We'll have more details to share later."
A report on Wired, though, indicates that games will be tied to user accounts. Should someone else try to use that disc, they would then be given the option to pay a fee to do so.

That's been corroborated by Kotaku, who was told that Xbox One games will require one-time activation codes. Games will be linked to your Xbox Live account. If you want to play that game using a friend's account on another Xbox One, however, you'll have to fork over the list price.
"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," Microsoft VP Phil Harrison told Kotaku. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."
It's a bummer of an answer, though Harrison hedged his bet by noting that the company was working on another solution that would somehow let gamers sell or trade titles online. Either way, this can't please GameStop, who rely on the re-selling of game discs themselves to make a profit on used sales.
Sony, too, had to deal with user fears that the PlayStation 4 wouldn't play used games before it officially announced the system in February. At that system's reveal, though, a company executive spoke definitively about the whispers.
"Used games can play on PS4. How is that?" Shuhei Yoshida of Sony Worldwide Studios told Eurogamer at the time.

LOL @Microsoft

Sony Playstation all the way! :D

bright lights, big city

I've heard conflicting reports with the whole used game fee thing. Seems like it's a work-in-progress. The only things that're 100% is that Kinect has to be on all the time, and accessories and XBLA games from the 360 won't work (super lame).

Either way, they are fucking up by not coming clean with everything about their hardware and accessories. Which was the whole point of their huge reveal. And the games? They promised 15 exclusives in the first year (not likely but whatever) and there's a little thing called E3 less than 3 weeks away.
DERP

kurtone

I think they basically thought they could get away with showing the console since that was everyone's gripe with the ps4 conference. I didn't get the whole close the show with a mulitplatform game move either. They better have a lot of answers come e3.